Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

drove a 04 gto a4 today

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha
one other thing for one on your list.. .well there is a power door lock option for us 04 and 05 owners. power door lock switch

theres that other thing you hate gone .. one more. .the big key .. ok im with you thers nothing we can do about that. .oh well.

enjoy.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steel Chicken
actually the stock stereo does suck *****, first mod I did
even with the EQ and amp adjustment, it was merely mediocre sounding, and dont get me started on how it couldn't play burned CD's.
Mine plays burned CD's I don't know what's up with yours.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Teching In

I have an '04 GTO and I mostly like it. But I wasn't that impressed by the test drive either. Compared to something like a 4th gen Camaro (my previous car), the GTO feels heavy and the steering ratio is slow. And the '04 GTO brakes are not great. The GTO has a much better, more comfortable interior though. Overall the GTO is more of a cruiser or "GT" than a pony car or sports car. The only reason it gets compared to Mustangs and F-bodies is because there simply aren't any other "affordable" V8 RWD cars to compare it to. (Well, now Chrysler has some).

I liked the Monsoon sound system on the Camaro/TA better than the GTO's unit. The head unit is decent but the GTO speakers suck. And it's silly to sell a car with a sticker price in the 30s and not have MP3 support, even on the 2006 model. The GTO needed a stereo upgrade available as an option at least, so those of us who want good factory sound would have the choice.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Teching In

I'll give you a ride in my '04 A4.....I'm sure you might be a little more impressed...
Old 06-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Comparing a automatic GTO to a 6 speed Camaro . . . come on that is like comparing a apple to an orange . . . .
Actually he says, "He wasn't impressed. It felt about even."
Sounds kind of funny doesn't it?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a 38 year old man, i traded in my 98 Sport Gold Metallic TA when I got my 2004 A4 Black/Black GTO in Dec 2004. I had modded my TA, which of course included lowering, intake, exhaust, mild cam and such. But I just got tired of the hey look at me, I am almost 40 and it takes help getting out of this damn car. Now dont get me wrong I LOVED MY T/A but for what I got in return, smoother ride, good power, no boy racer looks and a back seat that my kids can ride in. Hell I'll take it. Granted its not at quick as my T/A, but when I hit 155 mph i forgot about being quick, I am haulin ***. Granted stereo could use a little more power and personally I do not like the 05/06 hood. Hell I have removed most of my emblems and my rear spoler and painted my pontiact emblems black. Going for the sleeper look. Its a great car for what I wanted and at $24K when I bought it, couldn't be happier.
Peace
Old 10-19-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Is there really? I know I can be dence, but I swore I looked there . . .

I just checked . . . how embarassing . . .

One item off my list . . .

THANKS!
So do you know about the one behind your backseat headrests? haha
Old 10-19-2006, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by at23520
drove it today,just for ***** and giggles at a used car lot,with no intent to
buy.i just wanted to see how it measured up to my 00 s camaro m6,and to tell the truth i wasnt impressed. it felt about even,probally cause of the weight diff. im not knocking it, it was enjoyable non-the-less. i do like the seats and the room inside also the ride was great. but the 05 has a better appearence. im going to do more looking around for a 05, to see how the ls2 6.0 rolls. if that impressess me i'll probally get one in a couple yrs. i hope they dont stay sky high like the one i drove today, 24,999 19k btw.
Wow, I bought my 04 GTO M6 for $20,741, with only 24,000 miles on it! It was originally like $24,999 but caught it on an internet special. I initially drove a 06 GTO M6 and couldn't really tell a seat of the pants difference (trust me, I know the 05-06 IS a bit faster, just couldn't feel much).
Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Steel Chicken
actually the stock stereo does suck *****, first mod I did
even with the EQ and amp adjustment, it was merely mediocre sounding, and dont get me started on how it couldn't play burned CD's.
The stock stereo sucks compared to what?? 6 disc, 10 speaker, 200 watts, Blaupunkt? Did you play with the adjustments? After I turned off the EQ, adjusted the bass/treble, and lowered the "auto-volume" feature, all of which you would do to any radio, the thing rocks.

I have no idea what you're doing wrong to not be able to play burned CD's, but I have never had a problem - no skips, no delays, no inability to play, and my changer has nothing but burned CD's in it right now.

I'm very happy with my 2004 - I would not recommend buying an auto, but that's just me. It's more powerful, has more room, and is a better value than anything else in it's class (sport coupes).

My only complaints:

The brakes suck, want to upgrade to 05 front brakes.
The seat motor is slow, want to upgrade to 06 motor.
The floormat clips are ALL broken, it's only got 29K miles.
The rear of the car is too plain, want to upgrade to the 2005 rear fascia.

That's about it.

Last edited by Chilly Palmer; 10-19-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Flash99
The Stereo Sucks, lets be honest with everyone. 6 CD's and you'd think they'd make it MP3 Compatible, even the stupid Scions and rice boxe's have MP3's and even IPOD crap ready. The styling is ok, grows on me more and more everyday. I hate the fact there isnt very many aftermarket rims, I dont wanna do the whole "SPACER" issue and get some Fbody rims, but I might go that route. And the top end on the goat is just sickening, I find myself at 100mph thinking I"m doing around 70. Smoothest ride, and not a cop magnet.

What about these rims ??? My 2004 M6 !!!

Old 10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Mine does Not play burnt CD's either. The stereo is ok. I like the car enought to buy one.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Teching In

mine will play burnt cd's but only certain types or brands. I dond know if its a +or - thing or a brand thing, but I do rip cd's and play them in my goat. not that I listen to music very much since I got headers.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

go to the dealer and complain the cd player won't play cd's or burnt or store bought. Mine used to not play any burnt it would lock up and not want to work. Anyway i used the exact complaint and got a new cd player under warrenty. This one works fine and plays all burnts. I've heard the earlier blaupunts were not very good with burnt discs and that it was revised later on to address that. I don't know if its true but i had nothing but problems with my orginal unit (i have a march 04 build date) i had the unit replaced midway through 05 because i was sick of it not playing cds.

Quick Reply: drove a 04 gto a4 today