Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New Photos - 2004 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

I'm sure many of the new GTO buyers will be posting in other forums as we see warranted. Right now none of the other forums can help us. We have no cars. Most of us are using LS1GTO and NewAgeGTO. There are a lot of "experts" and "insiders" helping us with where are cars are, what's coming next and their experiences with the Holden Monaros.

This of course will all change when the vehicles arrive. There is obviously a wealth of knowledge here regarding upgrading the LS1. I visited this site many times when I had my 1997 Z and put this information to good use.

As far as the exterior styling goes, my mods will be limited to 18" wheels for now. I may do something with the exhaust when an upgrade kit from borla or others are available. As for the hood, the only one I've seen that interest me is the one below.

Thanks for your help,

P.S. - Completely relaxed and non-hostile.
Attached Thumbnails New Photos - 2004 GTO-ubb.jpg  
Old 12-02-2003, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cvp33
This is the SS. Good direction, terrible execution. Reminds me of the first GTO concept, overdone.

Here's the GTO concept I was referring to.
Attached Thumbnails New Photos - 2004 GTO-gtothenandnow3.jpg  
Old 12-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Default Gto

Hi guys,

4 ur information the GTO has been released since last year in the Arabian Gulf region but with other name, Chevrolet Lumina SS coupe !!!!

and unfortunatly it kicked a lot of stock Z28, i think bcoz of its weight and small body comparing with the F body ....

Cheers,
Old 12-27-2003, 04:11 PM
Teching In

I can understand liking old GTOs, or old cars in general.. but some of you guys got some astronomical expectations. Did the 03 Camaro look like a 69? Not even in the remotest sense, so why should a 04 GTO look like a 67? If they bring a 5th gen Camaro back, does it have to look like a 67 or even an 03 for that matter to be consider a Camaro? Why do GTOs have to stick to a single style for 40+ years, when again describe what a Camaro should look like.. oh wait you can't it's changed 4 times at the least(just counting the different generations) I'm not denying anyone an opinion, but the 'that looks nothing like a GTO!' comments are ridiculous.. it's 2004(give or take a few days), and the last GTO was made when? I'm not as crazy for the GTO either as I was for the 4th gen TAs, but it's startin to grow on me.. I see alot of potential for it now too. Neither of the TAs I owned were stock, engine-wise or cosmetically. If I had a GTO it sure as hell wouldn't stay that way either.. well unless maybe that orange Judge pic above, that looks badass. I'd bet that atleast some of the people that complain about it not looking like a 'GTO' will change their mind in a couple years after other people have modded theirs and they get a sense of whats possible. Either way, be happy GM is still makin a rwd-v8 with a M6 on top of it(minus the nitche market 'vette), to me it's a better sign that they'll bring back the f-body in the future.
Anyway that's just my $.02, but what do I know I don't own a F car anymore.

Ky
Old 12-27-2003, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kyuss
I can understand liking old GTOs, or old cars in general.. but some of you guys got some astronomical expectations. Did the 03 Camaro look like a 69? Not even in the remotest sense, so why should a 04 GTO look like a 67? If they bring a 5th gen Camaro back, does it have to look like a 67 or even an 03 for that matter to be consider a Camaro? Why do GTOs have to stick to a single style for 40+ years, when again describe what a Camaro should look like.. oh wait you can't it's changed 4 times at the least(just counting the different generations) I'm not denying anyone an opinion, but the 'that looks nothing like a GTO!' comments are ridiculous.. it's 2004(give or take a few days), and the last GTO was made when? I'm not as crazy for the GTO either as I was for the 4th gen TAs, but it's startin to grow on me.. I see alot of potential for it now too. Neither of the TAs I owned were stock, engine-wise or cosmetically. If I had a GTO it sure as hell wouldn't stay that way either.. well unless maybe that orange Judge pic above, that looks badass. I'd bet that atleast some of the people that complain about it not looking like a 'GTO' will change their mind in a couple years after other people have modded theirs and they get a sense of whats possible. Either way, be happy GM is still makin a rwd-v8 with a M6 on top of it(minus the nitche market 'vette), to me it's a better sign that they'll bring back the f-body in the future.
Anyway that's just my $.02, but what do I know I don't own a F car anymore.

Ky
Old 12-29-2003, 07:21 AM
On The Tree

I guess the problem is, some people look at it as the Fbody replacement, it isn't, if it were, then Chevy would have thier version as well!!.

I just can't belive the attitude of some, in this day and age when just about everything GM build (aside from SUV's) is going FWD, here comes a RWD V8, and people moan about it because of it's looks.
Would you hate the GTO as much if it had Hood Scoops, looked like a Camaro but had a whimpy FWD V6??.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Man, I think the GTO really has a chance!!! Nice rims, a nice tint to the windows, maybe a good spoiler, and
Old 01-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
Man, I think the GTO really has a chance!!! Nice rims, a nice tint to the windows, maybe a good spoiler, and
Yea i cant wait to see this new GTO at my track.. After the SS got the AX ive been kinda bummed.. I lost one of my best competitors.. Kinda like when Dale Earnhardt died.. Just aint the same anymore for me.. I NEED this GTO to perform as well at the strip as the SS did.. Its got a 5.7 so it should go dang it!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fetumpsh
I guess the problem is, some people look at it as the Fbody replacement, it isn't, if it were, then Chevy would have thier version as well!!.

I just can't belive the attitude of some, in this day and age when just about everything GM build (aside from SUV's) is going FWD, here comes a RWD V8, and people moan about it because of it's looks.
Would you hate the GTO as much if it had Hood Scoops, looked like a Camaro but had a whimpy FWD V6??.

By the way, Just for your information, GM is going to be building mostly RWD cars in the next 2-3 years.
All Caddy's will be RWD or AWD. Pontiac Grand Prix and Bonneville, etc, etc.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
It has just as good a chance as the last time they made a modern interpretation of a legendary car,

Yes, it was round, yes it looked just like a Caprice, yes, it looked nothing like the original with no retro styling cues (thank goodness), and yes, it was a hit.

Old 02-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Default New GTO

Ho-hum.......no big deal. The Pontiac dealer where I live said they have been unable to sell just the one they have because of........da-dum.......the styling!!!! I 100% agree. The interior is kick *** ,probably the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in, including my T/A. However, the car is bland. No brake vents, scoops, good looking spoiler, and don't even get me started on the exhaust!!!!! You bring back the GTO badge.....this thing should look like it goes Mach 3 standing still. Where are the sexy/aggressive lines? What makes it stand out from other cars, even import grocery getters? NOTHING!!! I sincerely had the intention of purchasing one, looks like I have to wait another year and see what happens. Obviously, I'm not the only one that feels this way as the salesman stated that a lot of people has said this. Looks like Pontiac designers are scrambling to come up with something better, and SLP is already at work.........
Old 02-17-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Junkie

This is not even a Tranny Replacement. The FBodies were affordable. This thing is 35,000 a HS student cannot afford the the new Goat!!! The GTO is too expensive!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony...wait.. you don't have a few pictures with our Bogarts on a GTO...we've got the fronts done, and working on the rears at this time...they will be a direct mount rim:-)

Here's a few pictures.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails New Photos - 2004 GTO-front.jpg   New Photos - 2004 GTO-side.jpg  
Old 02-17-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hotrodflpd2
Ho-hum.......no big deal. The Pontiac dealer where I live said they have been unable to sell just the one they have because of........da-dum.......the styling!!!! I 100% agree. The interior is kick *** ,probably the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in, including my T/A. However, the car is bland. No brake vents, scoops, good looking spoiler, and don't even get me started on the exhaust!!!!! You bring back the GTO badge.....this thing should look like it goes Mach 3 standing still. Where are the sexy/aggressive lines? What makes it stand out from other cars, even import grocery getters? NOTHING!!! I sincerely had the intention of purchasing one, looks like I have to wait another year and see what happens. Obviously, I'm not the only one that feels this way as the salesman stated that a lot of people has said this. Looks like Pontiac designers are scrambling to come up with something better, and SLP is already at work.........
I know it's been stated before - but YEAH ME! If they change much at all next year I will be extremely happy, because not only will I have an awesome car, but it will probably be the classiest new GTO made. I think the styling is perfect. I actually avoided going to look at the GTO site online for a while because I was expecting the retro-prototype they spat out a few years ago. This car, named the GTO, Monaro, or Pontiac turdstool, looks like the perfect car for me - inside and out.
Dan
Old 02-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Teching In

The '04 GTO is a great new age muscle car when it comes down to it engine wise. The only problem I have with it is the body style. We went from the wicked look of the WS6 Trans Am with the ram air package, to an overgrown cavalier on some powerful steroids. I just hope the the body improoves as much as everything else has.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GMC Dude
The only problem I have with it is the body style. We went from the wicked look of the WS6 Trans Am with the ram air package, to an overgrown cavalier on some powerful steroids. I just hope the the body improoves as much as everything else has.

Hey! We had a Cavalier with a joke of a backseat before, with a big gaping mouth on the front, and terrible wheels! Sweet!

I just hope the General doesn't take all this silly criticism from F-body owners to heart and ruin the GTO's smooth, sophisticated shape. Since GM's Australian arm is styling the next GTO too, I don't expect that to happen.

Thank Lutz.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:51 AM
Staging Lane

Stop trolling..... the gto is targeted at mature buyers with high quality, reliability, sophistication and performance expectations. For many people, including myself love the gto’s subtle BMW like looks. The upgrades you suggested are mostly if not all aesthetics, not performance i.e. not for me. When I go to meetings I want my colleagues to respect me not laugh at me……so keep your trans am and stop TROLLING, ill keep my Monaro (GTO) and let buyers decide on their own.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:00 AM
Teching In

hmmm i thought id way in with saying what is the point in having flasshy plastic that does't do much almost everything on the GTO that is a performance MOD actually gives reall performance (i.e. the twin exhaust). and as far as the spoiler goes i would get rid of that 2. Seen you only have the GTO over there and no other specs i would leave the badging however. here i would remove that 2 and just work it of its head without making it obvious and have the biggest nasty sleeper you have seen.
Aint it time cars steeped up like the GTO and made performance MODS rather than scoops etc. that do nuthing for the actual performance of the car .... no wait let me geuss you buy red because it goes faster right.lol.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Default cvp33 Where did that picture come from ?

cvp33 I've seen the specs on this car and would like to buy the FISKE wheels but I can't find the sight again. Hope you can help.
mSTING
Originally Posted by cvp33
Steve,

I'm sure many of the new GTO buyers will be posting in other forums as we see warranted. Right now none of the other forums can help us. We have no cars. Most of us are using LS1GTO and NewAgeGTO. There are a lot of "experts" and "insiders" helping us with where are cars are, what's coming next and their experiences with the Holden Monaros.

This of course will all change when the vehicles arrive. There is obviously a wealth of knowledge here regarding upgrading the LS1. I visited this site many times when I had my 1997 Z and put this information to good use.

As far as the exterior styling goes, my mods will be limited to 18" wheels for now. I may do something with the exhaust when an upgrade kit from borla or others are available. As for the hood, the only one I've seen that interest me is the one below.

Thanks for your help,

P.S. - Completely relaxed and non-hostile.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by PurplTA
YAWN!
I think it looks too much like a Grand Prix. Bob Lutz is bowing to the negative feedback from all those elitist a$$holes at Car and Driver and Moter Trend. C/D particularly hates Pontiac styling. I think Pontiac styling has always been distinctive and expressive. But no more. Lutz & Co. are doing away with most elements that make Pontiacs unique, so they'll blend in nicely with all the other forgettable vehicles on the road.
This vehicles doesn't merit its GTO badges. It's a reskinned Aussie car with too much weight, too little performance, no persona, and too high a price.

I don't think they'll get many TransAm converts with this thing. I'll keep my 95 TA. If that one wears out, I'll find a 2002 model somewhere and drive it til they come to their senses and build a new F-body.

PurplTA

<small>[ April 20, 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: PurplTA ]</small>
We do allright here in Australia with our 400hp Monaro, Pontiac got it wrong dont blame the car its a Aussie classic. CSV does aftermarket work on All holden cars they have played with the monaro and got this follow the link.
http://www.csvaustralia.com/mondo.htm

Last edited by SlickHolden; 08-05-2004 at 12:48 AM.

Quick Reply: New Photos - 2004 GTO