Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Differences in the years?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIVE-O
Better struts, beefier IRS parts.
But on behalf of the '04's......I really enjoyed mine...had none of the issues many complaind about. If buying fron a dealer, I'd make sure to run down all repairs and TSB's. Its a good car.....If you can get it on the cheap, go for it.
The IRS parts are not any different.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Summerwolf,I still get 26 MPG's out of my LS2,since you seem to care,but I don't.I had an 04',the 05' rear is alot more appealing.If not,then why do all kinds of 04' owners have the 05' rear bumper on?Show me an 05' with an 04' rear bumper,it just doesn't happen.Same goes for the hood.The 05' brakes are also updated,as well as the cv joints and the diff.The LS2 is also an upgrade.
In addition.the 05' cost more money because IT'S A YEAR NEWER.Therefore,the 05' will have better resale value.Let alone,regardless of what the book says anyways,the 05'-06' GTO's will always be more desirable,just as they are today,which means it will bring more money.
Like I've said,I've owned both cars,and loved them both,but the 05' is an upgrade,and you may pay more initially for it,but in more ways than one.....
IT'S WORTH IT!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
Ummm, duals and a clean looking hood rather than lund hoodscoop wannabes....

and the split rear exhaust, looks like a grand prix rear bumper to me with the gray insert, the 04 rear end is much cleaner. All about the MPG's....when I drove mine from STL to Texas I average 28 MPG....thats better than a lotta ecotecs
well if you really compare both cars the Grand Prix GTP and the GTO are almost identical looking with a few cosmetic differances. the GTP has 4 doors and a few little things but they are basically the same car with different engines and doors. but I think the GTP actually has a full size trunk instead of the non-existent trunk in the GTO's.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Teh Wicked
but they are basically the same car with different engines and doors. .
Um not even close.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

well if you really compare both cars the Grand Prix GTP and the GTO are almost identical looking with a few cosmetic differances. the GTP has 4 doors and a few little things but they are basically the same car with different engines and doors. but I think the GTP actually has a full size trunk instead of the non-existent trunk in the GTO's.

That is not true in any way shape or form.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Teh wicked,you have no business posting a reply on this subject since you obviously have NO clue.I'd like for you to tell me one body panel the gtp shares with my car.
Although,I do think the mustang and you have alot in common....
YOU'RE BOTH SLOW.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00ws6spd
Summerwolf,I still get 26 MPG's out of my LS2,since you seem to care,but I don't.I had an 04',the 05' rear is alot more appealing.If not,then why do all kinds of 04' owners have the 05' rear bumper on?Show me an 05' with an 04' rear bumper,it just doesn't happen.Same goes for the hood.The 05' brakes are also updated,as well as the cv joints and the diff.The LS2 is also an upgrade.
In addition.the 05' cost more money because IT'S A YEAR NEWER.Therefore,the 05' will have better resale value.Let alone,regardless of what the book says anyways,the 05'-06' GTO's will always be more desirable,just as they are today,which means it will bring more money.
Like I've said,I've owned both cars,and loved them both,but the 05' is an upgrade,and you may pay more initially for it,but in more ways than one.....
IT'S WORTH IT!!!

It ain't that worth it. I bought 06 brakes cheap, I have the rear end I want, and the hood I want, I spent about 6,000 less for my 04, and I'm going to have more power than an LS2 here in a few months and still have a cheaper car with all the benefits.

The rear bumper, I've seen a couple 05's swap to the 04 and then do the split PFYC exhaust, which looks better than any 05-06 bumper out there. I'll take the 04, they're all nice cars, but the 04 is unique to its single year of styling/engine combo....that in the future will make it more desirable since they're rarer, but that aside....I just like the 04's better....my choice, my reasoning, thats why I bought an 04.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
It ain't that worth it. I bought 06 brakes cheap, I have the rear end I want, and the hood I want, I spent about 6,000 less for my 04, and I'm going to have more power than an LS2 here in a few months and still have a cheaper car with all the benefits.

The rear bumper, I've seen a couple 05's swap to the 04 and then do the split PFYC exhaust, which looks better than any 05-06 bumper out there. I'll take the 04, they're all nice cars, but the 04 is unique to its single year of styling/engine combo....that in the future will make it more desirable since they're rarer, but that aside....I just like the 04's better....my choice, my reasoning, thats why I bought an 04.
I agree with most of the points but I do not think the 04 will be any rarer than the rest of them.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

You bought an 04' because you couldn't afford an 05'.
Too expensive?The 04's are going for 18-19.The 05' you can get for 20-23.
Don't seem like a big difference to me.
They stopped making the GTO the way they did in 04' because it didn't sell good,and tried to improve sales with what they did in 05'.The car got more attention when they did all the work to it and kept the price the same.
There is no $6,000 differnce in one year between these cars,unless you're looking at a really cheap 04' compared to a really expensive 05'.
To each his own,but you won't see me changing to the 04' hood and rear bumper so it looks "clean".
Old 02-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

And just to let all the uninformed know,go to NADA wholesale value of the 2 cars with average miles.There's a $3,200 difference in value between the two.
Hmmm...let's think about this,you get the ls2,better brakes,dual exit rear bumper,scooped hood,better diff and cv joints,and a year newer with half the miles...all for $3,200?It's in black and white.And just think,you also got better resale value.Sounds like I like my 05' even more now.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSmokd U
I am getting an 04 tomorrow. Its only got 23,xxx miles and got a heck of a deal. Getting it for less than 19K.

Me too man. the one im looking at is an 04, black, M6 with leather interior, 13K miles for around 18,500. i cant freaking wait.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

yeah, i dunno what im talkign about. im dumb and retarded and have no reason to talk about what im saying....

BUT, not to mention the fact the 2 cars have the exact same cu ft. of interior space. the weight is near identical, which would account for the engine differances. they may not have the same curves on the outside or the same headlights or taillights but they are built on the same platform. put the 2 cars next to each other and tell me im stupid again, I dare you...you will 2nd guess yourself extreamly quick once you open your eyes a little.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

HA!Built on the same platform?Boy,you are retarded!!
I sell cars for GM,but go ahead with your stupid reasoning.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

I double dog dare you!!
Old 02-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

They stopped making the GTO the way they did in 04' because it didn't sell good,and tried to improve sales with what they did in 05'.

you couldn't be more wrong dude.... John Sawruk himself said thats fasle... The 04 was the way it is because they (GM) couldn't get the LS2, hood and bumper out in time to have an 04 year. This car was also only meant to be a 3 year run because the Monaro was ending in 06. On top of that, GM knew before the first 04 hit the States that the 05/06 would be different. And of the sales, the 04 sold over 80%, so thats a pretty good slaes rate. Just because people are fickle and always need the "new thing", hence 04's being traded in doesn't mean when it first came out it was bad... So dude, seriously get your facts STRAIGHT before you provide more of this scuttle butt about the GTO...

Edit:
Oh I noticed you sell GM cars, so you better know who Mr' Sawruk is and what he did for us to even make the GTO a reality.... You just fall into the stereotype that sales guys don't know crap...
Old 02-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

gotza,you're so right!!I suck at my job,have no idea what I'm doing.
That's why I drive the kind of car I do.Shame shame.
I guess you think GM is buying Chrysler too,right?But I wouldn't know anything,I only work for GM,so you tell me...
Old 02-18-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSmokd U
I still don't know the actual color name, but its a wierd bluish-gray color, and an M6. I have never seen this color around where I am, so thats why I decided to take a color that would not have been my first choice.

Barbados Blue Metallic. It's a pretty rare color, only available in '04. It's pretty nice looking, good choice.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

BUT, not to mention the fact the 2 cars have the exact same cu ft. of interior space. the weight is near identical, which would account for the engine differances. they may not have the same curves on the outside or the same headlights or taillights but they are built on the same platform.
Umm....where do you dream these things up???

GTP = W-Body
GTO = V-body

they're absolutely NOT the same platform...

put the 2 cars next to each other and tell me im stupid again, I dare you..
lol...if you insist.....

yeah, i dunno what im talkign about. im dumb and retarded and have no reason to talk about what im saying....
that about covers it....
Old 02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gotzaGTO
a little wrong. only the 06 has the lighted controls and the lock button...

not to mention that the 06 has black tails, not the red like 04/05.
Don't forget the '04's did not have a dead pedal.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

You bought an 04' because you couldn't afford an 05'.
Too expensive?The 04's are going for 18-19.The 05' you can get for 20-23.
Don't seem like a big difference to me.
They stopped making the GTO the way they did in 04' because it didn't sell good,and tried to improve sales with what they did in 05'.The car got more attention when they did all the work to it and kept the price the same.
There is no $6,000 differnce in one year between these cars,unless you're looking at a really cheap 04' compared to a really expensive 05'.
To each his own,but you won't see me changing to the 04' hood and rear bumper so it looks "clean".

I bought an 04 cause I liked it better when I knew I could spend 3-4000 and had a lot of LS1 parts to throw at it.

I could have afforded a brand new 06 if I had wanted to. (who couldn't with that 0% deal they had going on for a while) but instead I decided to put my 10 down on a clean 04 and got the car that I had wanted SINCE it came out in 04.

Quick Reply: Differences in the years?