Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

04 coolant problem/leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Set
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 04 coolant problem/leak

A few days ago my friend and i noticed A LOT of coolant all over the top engine bay and dripped to the bottom of the engine. It was all around the coolant overflow reservoir so I assumed it had to be leaking out of there. Check it out and noticed this hose
was just hanging down, not connected to anything. Is this suppose to just hang down? Or is it suppose to be connected to anything? Could this be the problem? The coolant in the reservoir wasn't low either, and my friend said that the last time he drove it the temp gauge didn't read hot, it stayed it the normal operating position. So i'm at a lost, not to familar with GTO's as i am with fbody's so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

The 04 has an overflow tube coming off the left hand side of the tank. It is not supposed to be connected to anything, just let it hang down. The fill level of the coolant system is right at the seam of the top and bottom half of the coolant tank. If it stays at that level you're buddy will be fine. If it goes too much above that level when the car gets hot it will overflow out of that tube.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

put a screw in it!!

just kidding! +1 what he said

Quick Reply: 04 coolant problem/leak