Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

all my GTo boyz let me talk to you for a min

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 12:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zer0psi
Wait, misread your misworded post. 327?
I'd like to see my car on that dyno if we wanna go apples for apples.

Plus, even with all those mods you still have 26 less ft-lbs. Another point not addressed.
how was my post mis worded? Yes all 3 of those mods 26 less tq and 18 less cubes. Any other points you want to address?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Teching In

the ls2 is worth the money. it has better exaust, intake, brakes, rear end, and that was the only year they mad my color. in 06
Old 01-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AshyLarry
how was my post mis worded? Yes all 3 of those mods 26 less tq and 18 less cubes. Any other points you want to address?
Still not seeing how that is anything worth bragging about, but hey, as long as you're happy. Not all LS2's stay stock. BTW, 12.1 on a 150 shot and your 3 mods? You really should stall that thing. I ran that with stock internals in my old Z all motor. Then again I was stalled.

What exactly is a Dynomite anyway? No proven dynos (dynojet, mustang) around you?

Another good things about the LS2...you can not only do quite a bit as a stroker, you can also punch it out .030" over without issue.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:07 AM
12 Second Club

Still not seeing how that is anything worth bragging about, but hey, as long as you're happy. Not all LS2's stay stock. BTW, 12.1 on a 150 shot and your 3 mods? You really should stall that thing. I ran that with stock internals in my old Z all motor. Then again I was stalled.

What exactly is a Dynomite anyway? No proven dynos (dynojet, mustang) around you?

Another good things about the LS2...you can not only do quite a bit as a stroker, you can also punch it out .030" over without issue.
Ya I know not many LSx stay stock. Yup 12.1 on a street tire, with no stall, and a leak in the nitrous. I plan on being a couple seconds quicker once the stall goes in and some more mph.

I dont see how those dyno's are "proven", my numbers were on par for my mods and the other cars there were right too.

With all of this stoker talk why dont you just do it. More cubes just means more down low tq and I really dont want that. The car makes more than enough as is.

Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am
the ls2 is worth the money. it has better exaust, intake, brakes, rear end, and that was the only year they mad my color. in 06
Yes your exhaust is 1/4" bigger than stock 04 exhaust. I dont see how the intake can be better, and I hope you aren't talking about the intake manifold. I have the 05 brakes and they are nothing to brag about. They still warp just as easy, and they are more expensive to get. Well, and 04 was the only year they made my color too
Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Ya I know not many LSx stay stock. Yup 12.1 on a street tire, with no stall, and a leak in the nitrous. I plan on being a couple seconds quicker once the stall goes in and some more mph.

I dont see how those dyno's are "proven", my numbers were on par for my mods and the other cars there were right too.

With all of this stoker talk why dont you just do it. More cubes just means more down low tq and I really dont want that. The car makes more than enough as is.

Yes your exhaust is 1/4" bigger than stock 04 exhaust. I dont see how the intake can be better, and I hope you aren't talking about the intake manifold. I have the 05 brakes and they are nothing to brag about. They still warp just as easy, and they are more expensive to get. Well, and 04 was the only year they made my color too
It's all in good fun. Just had more than a few beers in me continuously from Friday through yesterday and may have gotten a bit riled up. I definitely respect your car for what it's puttin' down, and I can't talk much as I haven't had any time to take the car to the track, you guys got the same weather as us (Chicago), so yeah not too conducive to anything.

I'm talking about everything theoretically. I wouldn't go the stroker route, if anything bore it out to a 370. I'm a huge top end fanatic, and that's not the LS2's strongest point stock. I obviously show my preference in GTO's, but I do think that people don't give LS1 goats nearly enough credit. Sure as hell helps the sleeper effect though.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

It's all in good fun.

I obviously show my preference in GTO's, but I do think that people don't give LS1 goats nearly enough credit. Sure as hell helps the sleeper effect though.
Same here I just love a good argument/debate. The GTO section here is boring.

I always stayed out of the LS1 vs. LS2 debates, just figured Id get into one for once.

Its just those guys that think the LS2 is soooooooooo much better than the LS1 when its not much of a different car.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Agreed man. That's why I go elsewhere for most of my GTO content unfortunately.

I prefer the LS2, but the LS1 is still a legend and for damned good reason.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ls2 and all the other goodies were already planned for the GTO before the 04's came out. They just didnt have the time to get it all put in. If your looking at an auto the 05 and 05 came with the 4l65e which is a lil beefier also. Some of the 04 have been known for electrical gremlins also. An advantage of the 06 over the 05 is faster seats (may as well jump out a window if the car is on fire) and the 06 has a door unlock button.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canada
The ls2 and all the other goodies were already planned for the GTO before the 04's came out. They just didnt have the time to get it all put in. If your looking at an auto the 05 and 05 came with the 4l65e which is a lil beefier also. Some of the 04 have been known for electrical gremlins also. An advantage of the 06 over the 05 is faster seats (may as well jump out a window if the car is on fire) and the 06 has a door unlock button.
Sure they are "faster" but they are still ******* slow
Old 01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

True. I just took off my engine covers and I'm thinking I can convince people it's not so slow since I swapped in a WS6 T/A motor, given that now it looks just like an f-body LS1.

Ah, the trials and tribulations of slow rides.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

True. I just took off my engine covers and I'm thinking I can convince people it's not so slow since I swapped in a WS6 T/A motor, given that now it looks just like an f-body LS1.

Ah, the trials and tribulations of slow rides.
just hope they cant tell the difference in the intakes
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Haha, I'm thinking anyone who will fall for it won't know the diff anyway.
Plus I have a different intake. It's an ugly grey one with some weird writing on top.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ls2 has more potential from the start being that it has more cubes
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by redgoat420
Ls2 has more potential from the start being that it has more cubes

and i could say the ls1 has more potential cause it is more proven and has been out longer
Old 01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Teching In

and i could say the ls1 has more potential cause it is more proven and has been out longer
Dude get off your ls1! Thats like me saying my lt1 is better than the ls1, or ls2 than ls7. There all apples just some are better!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

Dude get off your ls1! Thats like me saying my lt1 is better than the ls1, or ls2 than ls7. There all apples just some are better!
Dude! get the dick out of your ***. Im having a fun debate. Im sorry you have an LT1 that is no reason to be all pissy with everyone else.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Dude! get the dick out of your ***. Im having a fun debate. Im sorry you have an LT1 that is no reason to be all pissy with everyone else.

lol im not sorry i got an lt1 that would kill your ls1 gto. and by the way a got a ls2 06 gto and ls2 07 tbss. have fun with your " fun debate"
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

lol im not sorry i got an lt1 that would kill your ls1 gto. and by the way a got a ls2 06 gto and ls2 07 tbss. have fun with your " fun debate"
Old 01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

I could care less what other cars you think you have. And if you think your LT1 will kill my car. Get that dick out of your *** yet?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Teching In

I could care less what other cars you think you have. And if you think your LT1 will kill my car. Get that dick out of your *** yet?
lol "What other cars i think i have" wtf??

Quick Reply: all my GTo boyz let me talk to you for a min