Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Any events in PA or in the east?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any events in PA or in the east?

I saw only a couple events and it seems you had to already be a part of a club to do it. Is there any events going on i want to try autoX that are in or around PA(eastern) I really want to do this so if anyone knows of any i would be able to participate in let me know
Old 10-17-2008, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any SCCA regional autoX you can just show up and run. Most regions will charge a few bucks more, usually like $5, for non-members to run since they aren't already paid into the insurance.

Where in PA are you located? There are lot's of opportunities to run, just a matter of what is local to you.

-Tim
Old 10-17-2008, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

DC region also does stuff up around baltimore and north (they used to have 1 @ ripken stadium) Nothern NJ has stuff @ Giants stadium and sometimes E-town, I think.

Or, you could really get the bug and go right to the roadcourses.

https://www.trackdaze.com/

They do a variety of roadcourses and are priced very reasonably. They have NASA and SCCA insructors.

www.frrax.com is another great resource

Last edited by mattf2; 10-17-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: add info
Old 10-17-2008, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

i am west of philly about 50 mins, I saw there was a event in hershey pa http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...sevent_id=8410

But i am not sure if i was able to go, i thought it was only for members?? I emailed the registration person but never got a reply. I dont mind driving somewhere to do it long as its within 2 hours it would be worth it. My dad was telling me about how he would autox and go on ralleys and some kind of Ralley hunt where you and a partner had to drive around taking pictures of things and once you had everything return and hope you were first. He rather see me autox than drag race and i think it would really be fun.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Try these, but I'm in Danville...Dead center PA.
www.Scca-cpr.com - Big airport worth the trip.
www.nepa-scca.org - small lots, but laid back.
One more make up event in november- Sunday the ? 3rd in Frackville at the MAll. Not that terribly far from you if you want to try a laid back event with lots of runs. I'll be there with my red SS.
I concur with the www.myautoevents.com recomendation.
There is also events in the reading area at the expo center. last one was 10/11. Cant remember the site though.
Probably be closest for you to go to the philly harrisburg regions. By and large, everyone's nice and helpful so don't worry about just showing up, just make sure you dont need to preregister to get a spot. You won't need to preregister for the NEPA or CPR events.
Ted B
Old 10-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Here is another link to check out.

http://www.autox4u.com/

Lots of local regions are shown there with all the info on location, registration etc.....

I want to try CPR at Midstate airport, but its a solid 3+ hours each way I think from central NJ....

Chris
Old 10-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Also take a look at:

http://www.MotorsportReg.com/calendar

We have one of the most complete calendars with thousands of Solo, HPDE and Racing events per year. You can subscribe for monthly emails for events in your area and if you know of an event not on our calendar - let us know and we'll add it!

If you're near Philly, the Philly SCCA region uses us to manage their registrations. SCCA offers a "weekend membership" for any non-members who want to participate before they join. Check with the region to see if they require pre-registration so you don't get turned away by just showing up.

Cheers,

Brian
Old 10-19-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Regular

For road race ( track days or Driver events ) check out

http://www.trackschedule.com

Quick Reply: Any events in PA or in the east?