Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

My 1st track day

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
No offense intended, but after 1 track day, there is no way you can even have a clue as to what you want.

In stock trim, the F-Car is a LOT of car. Maintain it and just drive it.

When you come back with corner weights, tire temps and pressures, a seat with restraints that give you honest feedback in your butt and when you can feel the difference in a tire that has a 1lb change in pressure, then, let's discuss suspension mods.

Here is some road race action from this weekend ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE-ILKGNH7k
+1

Get yourself out to more performance type driving events. Don't discount the value of autocross for improving your skills and be sure that you are driving smooth before you get too far into modifying your suspension.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, i've been doing autocrossing on and off for awhile and have done track days on my motorcycle. i'll do a few more and figure out what my next best upgrade. thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I came across harsh, but listen to someone who spent a fortune reading "what to do" on the internet.

Suspension setup is as unique and personal as a fingerprint. It's all about feel and confidence.

There is nothing wrong with body roll in a 3600lb car. Everyone sees F1 cars cornering flat and thinks that's the ticket. If you were generating 2 or 3 Gs of downforce, then you'd be cornering flat too.

But you aren't. Use your money wisely. Don't get caught up in a bunch of hoopla and internet muscle flexing.

Read, learn, experience ... then make good, wise decisions.

Quick Reply: My 1st track day