Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

new to road racing ? heel and toe

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought adjustable pedals that could be widened...i think they are called Razo. I picked them up from amazon.com. Its pretty neat actuallly...the brake and gas pedals have plates that can be adjusted to make them wider so it's easier to do HT or an ankle roll.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The gas pedal can be easily bent closer to the brake pedal.

I have tried it, the problem I have is that with different entry speeds you are pushing the brake pedal down harder with more speed, therefore the pedal height is always different every time you step on it.

I have gotten pretty good at rev matching though.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to be honest, most of the time i rev match downshift normally going into a corner and the engine has enough torque to pull me out in that gear. I.E. - wot 4th gear rev match to 3d and get on the brake, hold third through turn, or rev match down to second just before the apex. i find if i do this smoothly its almost just as good as heel toe. I could heal toe in my old civic really good its was super easy but i cant seem to make room for my foot in the camaro.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noob question, what's the reason for this style of downshift versus a regular downshift, does it help to slow the car down when your on the brakes or is it to just keep the rpm's up and in the correct gear to exit the turn?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cape T/A
Noob question, what's the reason for this style of downshift versus a regular downshift, does it help to slow the car down when your on the brakes or is it to just keep the rpm's up and in the correct gear to exit the turn?
It's a rev matching down shift while braking. Rev matching downshifts keeps the rpm's up so that when you shift to the lower gear, the car doesn't jerk.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got ya, probably puts less wear on the clutch doing that also.

Quick Reply: new to road racing ? heel and toe