Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Chassis flex *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Exactly. That's my biggest gripe about autocross. You can't tell if you are getting better and or the mods are doing their job 100%. All you can do is try to improve your own times each time you go out.

But compared to a basically stock setup, this car is completely different. I'd be interested to drive an Fbody with higher spring rates to compare. But my stock auburn diff is hating life and bitches around RH turns.
I thought maybe you've compared your times to other cars in your class, or any other car for that matter, from the beginning of the season till later when you made all these changes. Doesn't matter that the course/times change each race, they change for everyone. That's how we've tried to gauge our improvements throughout the season. Just curious cause I'm starting with a stock 4th gen this year.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

There is not a lot of competition in my class that is a similar car. I look to Mustangs and other RWD V8's to beat. I ignore the prepped civics/miatas that may be in with me.

Honestly I go out to have a lot of fun and get better times for myself. But I keep an eye on one car I want to beat Since A LOT of autocross is the driver, it's hard to compare times to other people and add different cars on top of that.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
For you guys that rant and say these cars don't require frame connectors and that they don't do much when everyone asks about them. I always disagree with you, and here's why.

Look at the hood/fender gap on the drivers side in these two pics.
I think your pictures can't show chassis flex. I think you might open a hood/fender gap with the car at rest by gently lifting the corner of the hood. The hood is essentially floating; it does not provide a solid reference edge.

Last edited by Gary Z; 01-03-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not install 10 pts roll cage, will stop flex.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Z
I think your pictures can't show chassis flex. I think you might open a hood/fender gap with the car at rest by gently lifting the corner of the hood. The hood is essentially floating; it does not provide a solid reference edge.

Quick Reply: Chassis flex *PICS*