Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Optima Search For The Ultimate Street Car Autocross Videos. 10/10/2015.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Optima Search For The Ultimate Street Car Autocross Videos. 10/10/2015.

This event was held at Auto Club Speedway. They have two events for the day. Speed Stop Challenge and Autocross. The Speed Stop Challenge is fun, but I really came for the Autocross. During the track walk, I quietly snuck in Mary Pozzi and Danny Popps group to get tips from them. My first lap out I was looking good. My last lap was even better. Thanks Mary and Danny. 1st. overall out of 90 cars.

Speed Stop.

Autocross.

Steve
Old 10-14-2015, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

You won the event or the GTL class? What did you think of your first Optima event and the way they break it up?
Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gscherer78ta
You won the event or the GTL class? What did you think of your first Optima event and the way they break it up?
I was top time of the day for autocross. All classes. I was 1st. in GTL for Autocross. 3rd. for Speed Stop Challenge. Did not do the road course. I thought the event was run very well. It may have been better if they split us up by classes. That way were racing the guys in our class at the same time. Other then that, it was great. The stickers came off the car easy too. I was real concerned about that before the event.
Steve
Old 10-15-2015, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

I went and looked at the results, you did great! Beating Kyle Tucker, Danny Popp and Mary Pozi at autocross is a real achievement- Congrats! And to do it without a completely modified car is really something as well.

I had a great time at my Optima event, not much sitting around, there was barely enough time to stay hydrated and get a snack between runs and the venues. I wish more events were like this.

I hear what you are saying about running with your class, that would make it easier to know where you are in the rankings, that part wasn't important to me because I knew I wasn't going to place high, I was happy to run with a group of very nice cars.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice job! that's a real accomplishment to beat those names! I ran the event in Charlotte and I agree that all the classes should run in the same groups. In CLT the morning speed stop and afternoon autoX group were at a real disadvantage against the others. I'm ready to do it again next year!
Old 10-23-2015, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice job & a true achievement.

As to the series, I have no respect for a series that pits AWD cars against 2WD cars within the same class. Confusing how everyone in the class is so shocked about how fast the AWD EVOs are, lol. Next, we'll see Caterhams & Excocets, basically open wheel'd go karts despite having fenders . Not a slight against anyone in particular, just the series organizers.

Again, well done & against a very talented field.

Quick Reply: Optima Search For The Ultimate Street Car Autocross Videos. 10/10/2015.