Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

BMR Suspension New Product - Handling Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body - SP090

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking BMR Suspension New Product - Handling Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body - SP090

BMR Suspension 1.25-inch Handling Lowering Springs for
Fourth Gen GM F-Body
SP090
Increase the handling capabilities and add an aggressive look to your Fourth Gen GM F-Body with Handling Lowering Springs from BMR Suspension. Manufactured from chrome silicon high-tensile spring wire, these springs are cold wound on a CNC coiling machine that can adjust the spring diameter in real time to ensure that every spring is exactly the same. These springs will drop your 1993-2002 F-Body approximately 1.25-inches and feature fine-tuned spring rates (725 lb/in front and 210 lb/in rear), giving you dramatically improved handling and an aggressive look. The BMR Lowering Springs (SP090) provide higher spring rates to keep the body flat and level in the corners, while giving you a lower center of gravity. This makes it the perfect spring for any F-Body that regularly sees the track. BMR designed the SP090 springs for handling and street performance applications. BMR also offers front (SP091) and rear (SP092) kits. Like all BMR lowering springs, the SP090 has a LIFETIME guarantee against spring sag. Available in red powdercoat for long-lasting good looks. Installation time is about 3-4 hours. Proudly made in the U.S.A.!

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrsuspension.com, email sales@bmrsuspension.com, or contact them at BMR Suspension, 928 Sligh Ave, Seffner, FL 33584, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 10-06-2016, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

How is the ride quality on these for a car that is still street driven compared to your normal springs. I have a new set sitting in the box I got directly from yall a month ago. Wondering if these are a better fit for my weekend, autocross car.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 142 Likes on 109 Posts

Umm, they're about 2x as stiff as stock IIRC though I've never had stock. I'm guessing you still have rubber in your control arms, that'll help isolate a lot of it. I run 900/250 with Unbalanced Engineering shocks and heim joints and it's pretty rough when I putter around my neighborhood. I don't notice it on the track though. I'm considering going up over 1000 up front again, I really liked the way the car responded to that spring rate. Regardless, you're going to want a better shock to properly control the increased spring rate. Without that, the ride's going to be a bit bouncy. Heavy shocks with heavy springs are capable of riding far better than you can imagine.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GarrettM
How is the ride quality on these for a car that is still street driven compared to your normal springs. I have a new set sitting in the box I got directly from yall a month ago. Wondering if these are a better fit for my weekend, autocross car.
These may be a better fit for you honestly. Ride quality is not much more noticeable than our standard lowering springs, but corner feel is drastically improved. If you are interested, I will trade in your old springs towards a set of these for you. I will give you full credit on the price of the SP001 springs towards the new ones, so you will just have to pay the difference

I have a local friend with 800/175 combo on his car and he loves it. I rode in the car myself and was amazed at how well it rode. Handling was absolutely on rails. These were designed with the weekend auto-crosser in mind

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks alot! I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and will be back next weekend. I will get with yall the following week to exchange them. These look like exactly what I need. I've got a new set of slp bilstiens waiting to go in with them.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Default Question to BMR sales

I run your 550/160 springs now with Koni sports. Will the Koni sports, with stock valving, be able to keep up with the higher spring rates?
Old 10-18-2016, 09:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Yes they will. There were some questions about this when we first discussed these rates, and we discussed this with Koni. They told us that the sport yellow shocks really don't have a limitation. They have been used with springs in excess of 1000lbs and were still within controllable range. So our rates should be no issue

Old 10-18-2016, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

nice! i run your springs now
Old 10-20-2016, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I have been following your build actually. In fact I have been meaning to get in contact with you, I have a proposition for you. I will PM you

Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

In for info.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

What kind of info are you looking for?

Old 10-23-2016, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I was looking to learn from other people's replay's. Are these springs intended for track/autocross more then street? How much stiffer are they then your other lowering springs. Ty.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Yes they will. There were some questions about this when we first discussed these rates, and we discussed this with Koni. They told us that the sport yellow shocks really don't have a limitation. They have been used with springs in excess of 1000lbs and were still within controllable range. So our rates should be no issue
What about the non-adjustable Koni orange STR's?
Old 10-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to follow this thread. I was going to order the level 2 Koni handling performance package which includes the BMR sp001 springs, but when I went on BMR's site today, I saw these and had to see what people were saying about them.

I hear great things from LS guys who AX and RR with the sp001's. I can see the sp090's being even better, especially with my iron block LT under the hood. I also like to cruise though and don't want to break my back or rattle the car apart on crappy NJ roads.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Carguy8888
I was looking to learn from other people's replay's. Are these springs intended for track/autocross more then street? How much stiffer are they then your other lowering springs. Ty.
These are a crossover spring, geared towards the street cruiser/serious handling enthusiast. I would not say they are a dedicated track spring, but they are a good amount stiffer than most standard lowering springs. We increased spring rates by 30%
These springs are 725 front rate and 210 rear, where our standard SP001 springs are 550 front and 160 rear.

Originally Posted by SS#1531
What about the non-adjustable Koni orange STR's?
The Str.T shocks will not be up to the task of controlling these spring rates. You will need the Sport Yellow

Originally Posted by StoneColdLT1
I'd like to follow this thread. I was going to order the level 2 Koni handling performance package which includes the BMR sp001 springs, but when I went on BMR's site today, I saw these and had to see what people were saying about them.

I hear great things from LS guys who AX and RR with the sp001's. I can see the sp090's being even better, especially with my iron block LT under the hood. I also like to cruise though and don't want to break my back or rattle the car apart on crappy NJ roads.
These are not as bad as you might expect from the rates. They are noticeably stiffer than stock springs of course, but they do not feel like bricks either. The feel is tight and predictable. Much better than the slop of a stock spring or softer rate

Old 10-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Eric, do you guys plan on selling a handling package like you do with sp001's and koni's? I'm waiting until after thanksgiving to see if there are any black Friday deals or anything around but I plan on making a purchase well before Christmas. I'm in the market for a set of koni yellow's and I was going to go with the sp001's but now I think I may go with the sp090's.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I can offer them together as a package, but I can't include them for free with the Koni's like I can the SP001's. I don't know how long the Koni Pricing I have now will be available. I think it is only for my remaining inventory. The yellows are about $300 off right now from normal retail. Even when we do run Holiday specials, the discount pricing only applies to our products which would be the springs in this case. So you may save $20-30 on the springs, but the Koni's will likely be back at regular retail.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Eric, I'm going to send you a PM to talk about some options.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Bump and a shoutout to Eric Kent from BMR. I got on the horn with him last week to talk about some stuff for my car, he was very helpful and worked with me to get me what I need at a price I couldn't refuse. Shipping was fast, everything arrived on Friday and looks to be in good condition.

I was afraid of talking with a "sales tech" at first because most I deal with have no passion or idea what they're trying to sell, it was quite the opposite with Eric, just from talking with him you can tell he knows his stuff. It was more like talking with a fellow f body guy at a car show rather than a sales guy.

If you're planning on buying anything from BMR, give Eric a call, he'll definably help you out. Now I can't wait till spring to rebuild my front end
Old 11-20-2016, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting, I should consider these. Although I just got several BMR springs Christmas before last and one of the sets never got installed.

Quick Reply: BMR Suspension New Product - Handling Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body - SP090