Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Evergreen Speedway Autocross

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Evergreen Speedway Autocross

Bit of an uneasy start with lots of snow coming down but thankfully none of it stuck and track eventually dried up. I was able to stay in the top 5 but I was struggling to get heat into the R888's in 30 degree weather. Last runs I got them warm enough to hook and laid down the fastest run of the day. 1st in class, 1st overall.

Link to Autocross results: https://www.race-monitor.com/Results...ode=qualifying

As the day went on, more and more people started wandering over to my pit wanting to know about my car. Love being the underdog
Old 12-18-2016, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on the win, love this car and those wheels
Great to see another "low tech poor handling fbody" beating everything, especially cars that there is "no way they could beat."
Old 12-18-2016, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Congrats on the win, love this car and those wheels
Great to see another "low tech poor handling fbody" beating everything, especially cars that there is "no way they could beat."
Thanks!

Yea after the event one of the long time veterans came up to me and said he's never seen a V8 pony car like mine hook and book out of tight corners like the ones in that last video. I've messed around with shock and tire pressure changes a lot and finally think I found a setup to suit my driving style.

Curious to see how a watts will change the dynamics of the car, hope to nab one before the next event!
Old 12-19-2016, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It will feel more planted and confidence inspiring. The rear won't feel like it's doing a wiggle dance lol.

I ran Good Guys Columbus event for All American Sunday (16th of 32 I think) last summer and it was a small 1st gear course. It's nice to stay high in the rpm's or in low gear to pull out of the corners. Like you, as the day went on I would catch people sneaking peeks under the hood and chatting like they were wondering what was going on with it. Once guy would not believe me it was a factory motor with only exhaust/tune/suspension mods

Skip to :30sec mark
Old 12-19-2016, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job! Your car looks sick out there! you really need those wider tires? lol

Was your passenger messing with your TCS?
Old 12-19-2016, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I just want to leave this here and say this is hilarious...square 315's, R888's and slush...no problem!:
Old 12-19-2016, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smitty2919
It will feel more planted and confidence inspiring. The rear won't feel like it's doing a wiggle dance lol.

I ran Good Guys Columbus event for All American Sunday (16th of 32 I think) last summer and it was a small 1st gear course. It's nice to stay high in the rpm's or in low gear to pull out of the corners. Like you, as the day went on I would catch people sneaking peeks under the hood and chatting like they were wondering what was going on with it. Once guy would not believe me it was a factory motor with only exhaust/tune/suspension mods

Skip to :30sec mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqRA5WoiU-w
Nice run! 1st gear tracks are nice, especially on minor bolt on motors like mine where 1st has just enough power to kick you out of the corners but not too much to just light them up. One of the corvette guys came up to me and didn't believe my motor was stock haha.

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
Great job! Your car looks sick out there! you really need those wider tires? lol

Was your passenger messing with your TCS?
I had a loose battery connection so on hard turns my dash lights would flash and TCS would turn on...in the middle of a run. As you know tcs on these cars is useless. I gotta delete it one of these days.

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I just want to leave this here and say this is hilarious...square 315's, R888's and slush...no problem!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjvN7sCP1TQ
Haha yea too many people keep their cars cooped up in the garage during the winter. I like to take it out once in a while and have fun with it
Old 12-19-2016, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Those kind of temps are really bad for tires like that

Quick Reply: Evergreen Speedway Autocross