Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Question about scca street prepared

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Question about scca street prepared

Looking through some scca rules and found something that says emissions can be removed but all the wiring and connectors have to remain. My car already had the egr, air and rear o2 wires removed when I bought it. Am I going to have to find another harness to put those connectors back in or is that a rule that isn't enforced at regional events?
Old 06-12-2018, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bammax
Looking through some scca rules and found something that says emissions can be removed but all the wiring and connectors have to remain. My car already had the egr, air and rear o2 wires removed when I bought it. Am I going to have to find another harness to put those connectors back in or is that a rule that isn't enforced at regional events?
Very, very few people at a regional event will care, but technically you could be protested. Unless you run into an ******* or there is prize money on the line, you should be fine.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm just looking to run solo and track days for fun so if someone was upset I'd have no problem with a dq. I just don't want to get booted out of the place for running the wrong class and I don't want to end up holding up people in a higher class by being too slow.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bammax
I'm just looking to run solo and track days for fun so if someone was upset I'd have no problem with a dq. I just don't want to get booted out of the place for running the wrong class and I don't want to end up holding up people in a higher class by being too slow.
At an autocross, they space the cars out and all the classes in the same heat run together , so you won't hold anyone up by running CP or SM or whatever. Nothing happens unless someone files a protest, and like I said, someone would have to be a major ******* to do that. Go have fun and don't worry about it!

Quick Reply: Question about scca street prepared