Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Drifting a turn better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005 | 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
so your post was just redundancy?

you seemed like you were tying to explain why peopel think drifting is gay, and you seemed to be tryign to say its becuase "drifters say its faster"

there are two liscenced pro drifters in this thread, neither have supported this theory of drifting a turn being faster.
My post was telling the other guy, that posted ahead of me, why people get mad at drifting. I never said that drifters say it's faster, I said that people who "see" drifting thinking that it's faster. I read the posts from the professional drifters in this thread and I completely agree with them. It's just a sport/hobby. Some people are into in, some aren't.
Old 11-16-2005 | 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

why would people who have a clue watch drifting and think its faster?

your smoking the tires with 30*+ slip angle, common sense should tell you this is nowhere near the fastest way around a corner. obviuosly anyone that tells you this is called an "idiot", NOT a "drifting spectator"
Old 11-16-2005 | 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

And that's exactly what he said his "idiot" friends.
Old 11-21-2005 | 01:54 AM
TECH Veteran

this thread went kablewwy...
Old 11-21-2005 | 07:34 AM
11 Second Club

This is getting dumb. Opinions are the reason we live in America, so you are free to think freely, but when you hastle others because of their opinions, you look stupid!

My opinion, I hate drifting. I fully understand the skill it requires to do, and that being said, that is where it ends for me. My definition of rice vehicles are all show and no go. My defintion of drifting is also all show no go! So basicly I find drifting the perfect sport for ricers, I see the point that people would want to do it sometimes for fun becasue it is very fun. Like getting the car's *** loose comming out of a turn.

I don't take anyone who drifts seriously, I drag race, and I am also a huge fan of road courses and autocross. My car now is an automatic, my next car(keeping this one still) is a manual. I plan on getting involved in autocross a little later on. But nothing in my blood tells me to drift.

My opinions are my own, and my rights as an American say I can have them, say what you want, it is also your opinion. There is NO way I will ever get into drifting since I like to go fast and get better times. Taking a turn sideways vs with complete traction is common sense......traction is quicker!
Old 11-21-2005 | 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
stand the skill it requires to do, and that being said, that is where it ends for me. My definition of rice vehicles are all show and no go. My defintion of drifting is also all show no go! So basicly I find drifting the perfect sport for ricers, I see the point that people would want to do it sometimes for fun becasue it is very fun. Like getting the car's *** loose comming out of a turn.

I don't take anyone who drifts seriously, I drag race, and I am also a huge fan of road courses and autocross. My car now is an automatic, my next car(keeping this one still) is a manual. I plan on getting involved in autocross a little later on. But nothing in my blood tells me to drift.

My opinions are my own, and my rights as an American say I can have them, say what you want, it is also your opinion. There is NO way I will ever get into drifting since I like to go fast and get better times. Taking a turn sideways vs with complete traction is common sense......traction is quicker!
read what your saying at least with yoru opinion

and thread please die.
Old 11-21-2005 | 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
and thread please die.
The simplest way to make that happen is to stop responding.

You have made your point over and over again ... the SAME point over and over again.

I understand your postion and respect that you like drifting. Please, return that courtesy and respect that many of us don't. It's quite simple actually ...
Old 11-21-2005 | 05:17 PM
Sex On Wheels

I havn't seen him trying to push it down anyones throat but i have seen everyone trying to convince him that what he likes doing is gay. He didn't bring it back, someone else did so get on their case.

William
Old 11-21-2005 | 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

That's a valid point.

However, don't think him requesting it die, breeds another round of BS from both sides?

It takes 2 to argue ....
Old 11-21-2005 | 11:34 PM
Launching!

Ok, don't shoot me I did a search. I searched on "is drifting through corners faster?" found this 6 page thread, and still does'nt answer the fundamental question......

:
Old 11-22-2005 | 02:41 AM
TECH Resident

several poeple asnwered this blatantly obvious question several times

NO , sliding a car around ina fashion that exeeds the limits of the tires is NOT the fastest way around a corner, it sounds crazy but its true....

and again, drifting is about fun, if your too close minded and stupid to understand that , mitchntx, then sorry for you.
Old 11-22-2005 | 06:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Mike, thanks for making my point and being an ambassador to your chosen venue.

With that kind of response to a non-response, I'm sure you will convert and recruit many ...
Old 11-22-2005 | 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe the title of the thread should have been "Sliding through a turn better?" since this had nothing to do with what we now call drifting.
Old 11-22-2005 | 03:55 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

God why dont this thread just "drifts" away????
Old 11-22-2005 | 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Just watch a F1 race next time schumacher pitches her side ways you have the long awaited answer
Old 11-25-2005 | 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chaman
God why dont this thread just "drifts" away????
i though you said you were going to stop posting on this thread...

and just FYI drifting is selling out events everywhere and has already been EXTREMELY sucessful in only its second official year...

as to why you do not see drifting in hot rod, car craft, etc... you answered your own damn question, marketing. the majority of people who read those magazines are into driving fast in a straight line. no problem with that. but go look at all the other magazines that are dedicated to mostly just drifting. drifting is barley in its early stages and still has had the power to sell out events.

you obviously have no idea what you're talking about
Old 11-25-2005 | 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Blah Blah Blah the question didnt have anything to do with D1 or marketing who reads hot rod it just asks if its faster to slide a car through a corner rather than use the tires for what their intended for...
Old 11-25-2005 | 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by leftyteck
i though you said you were going to stop posting on this thread...

and just FYI drifting is selling out events everywhere and has already been EXTREMELY sucessful in only its second official year...

as to why you do not see drifting in hot rod, car craft, etc... you answered your own damn question, marketing. the majority of people who read those magazines are into driving fast in a straight line. no problem with that. but go look at all the other magazines that are dedicated to mostly just drifting. drifting is barley in its early stages and still has had the power to sell out events.

you obviously have no idea what you're talking about
...God, you people are stupid, dumb, retards or a combination of those....all that could mean something FOR YOU but for me and a lot of people here it really means ****....!!! In other words some DONT GIVE A DRIFTING **** about your "sport". I know what Im talking about, dumbass, is just that you and some other "drifters" fellows aparently have drifted for too long and dont compute well anymore. Deal with opinions, they are like you....we all have one!
Old 11-25-2005 | 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol is this really a discussion? Drifting is to racing what the WNBA is to basketball. It's hard to do, sure, and you have to be good at it, but the playing field is completely level between every contestant. In one race a WRX might place, in the next a Viper, in the next an RX-7, in the next a 1st gen Camaro.

We're used to drag racing. Drag is the combination of power, traction, and skill. Drifting is just luck.
Old 11-27-2005 | 11:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
We're used to drag racing. Drag is the combination of power, traction, and skill.

Are you sure you are talking about Drag Racing and not Road Racing?

Another question..... If i could Pop a wheelie coming out of a corner down the straights, Like the motorcycles, would that lessen the drag caused by my front wheels shift weight to the rear therefore a increase traction in the rear therfore making me go faster?

Last edited by tom97ss; 11-27-2005 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Drifting a turn better?