Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Basic suspension advice 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Basic suspension advice 4th gen

I'm playing with my SS vert and I likely won't really autoX it much at all, but I want to build it for handling more than striaghtline. I'm building the motor up for more HP because...well because I can

The car is an 02 SS LE woth SLP Bilstein suspension. I'm adding STB, SFCs, but need advice as to what to do to the rear suspension (LCAs, relocations???) I will likely swap the Eibach (SLP) springs out for something that drops the front another inch or so.

So...any advice on springs and components would be appreciated. Like many, I'm not looking fo ra purpose built road race car, but a purpose built street (with turns) domination car. I enjoy cornering much more than launching from a standstill.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are going to autoX at all, even occationally, I would try that first the way the car is now, before doing anything at all to it. This may change your view of what you want to do to the car.

As for the mods you list, I wouldn't do any of it. Just put some Koni single adjustable shocks on there for now; they will make more difference than all of that other stuff put together, and as your handling tastes change, you can adjust them to suit.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I had another 02 SS that was a coupe. It also had the Bilstein setup and the springs were a bit on the soft side. I bottomed out the rear autoxing. It drove nice, but could have been a little stiffer and the nose sat too high. It had SFCs and an STB along with minor motor mods.

Quick Reply: Basic suspension advice 4th gen