Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Le Mans is coming up! Test times inside...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 04:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Le Mans is coming up! Test times inside...

Just a reminder to everybody that the most gruelling race in the history of road racing is coming up, the 24 hours of Le Mans. This year, for the first time ever, 3 vehicles will be powered by Katech engines. Last week was testing and the race is June 17th 5:00pm (local time in France) to June 18th 5pm (local). That means Saturday June 17th 11:00am EST to June 18th 11:00am EST you can watch the race:

Le Mans broadcast schedule on SPEED (all times Eastern);

Saturday, June 17

9:30 a.m. Le Mans Test Day (Highlighted Coverage)
10 a.m. Le Mans Qualifying (Highlighted Coverage)
10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE)
8 p.m. – 2 a.m. 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE)

Sunday, June 18

2 – 5 a.m. 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE, Radio Le Mans)
5 – 11:30 a.m. 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE)

Testing results from last week: Katech cars highlighted

24 Hours of Le Mans GT1 Test Times:
Pos./Car No./Drivers/Car/Time
1. (007) Enge/Turner/Piccini, Aston Martin DBR9, 3:51.408
2. (009) Sarrazin/Lamy/Ortelli, Aston Martin DBR9, 3:52.664
3. (64) Gavin/Beretta/Magnussen, Corvette C6.R, 3:53.029
4. (63) Fellows/O'Connell/Papis, Corvette C6.R, 3:53.174
5. (72) Policand/Goueslard/Alphand, Corvette C5-R, 3:54.113

6. (69) Babini/Gollin/Pescatori, Aston Martin DBR9, 3:54.507
7. (67) Pergl/Kox/Vasiliev, Ferrari 550 Maranello, 3:55.316
8. (66) Mowlem/Borcheller/Fittipaldi, Saleen S7R, 3:56.695
9. (50) Gardel/Bornhauser/Blanchemain, Ferrari 550 Maranello, 3:58.563
10. (62) Piquet Jr./Garcia/Brabham, Aston Martin DBR9, 3:58.935
11. (53) Apicella/Hinoi/Yamanishi, Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT, 3:59.108
12. (61) Sugden/Vann/Smith, Ferrari 550 Maranello, 4:04.706

But remember, this race isn't about how fast you go, its for how long you can go.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Interviews with comments regarding Le Mans on Fastlane radio:

Doug Fehan, Program manager - Team Corvette
http://www.corvetteracing.com/downlo...Doug_Fehan.mp3

Steve Wesoloski, Road Racing Group Manager - GM Racing
http://www.corvetteracing.com/downlo...cast052206.mp3
Old 06-13-2006, 06:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Le Mans! I can't wait to see those C6s there. 3,4, and 5 in testing is awesome! I'll be one the couch watching!!
Old 06-17-2006, 07:46 AM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Does anyone know a website that will broadcast some or all of LeMans? I have no American channels.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

1st, 3rd, and 7th in GT1 and every Katech engine completed the 24 hours without failure.
4th, 7th and 12th overall

Old 06-18-2006, 01:29 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Katech
1st, 3rd, and 7th in GT1 and every Katech engine completed the 24 hours without failure.
4th, 7th and 12th overall

Congrats on the in GT1 and too bad you couldn't have snagged the overal podium with the #64 car.

So, come on, let the cat out of the bag...is this the last time we will see Ron Fellows in the Corvette @ Le Mans??? He's surely not retiring from racing just yet is he?

How bad *** were those Audi TDIs? Beautiful machines and amazing engineering behind them to go the distance (I do believe they were close to the overall lap record @ Le Mans, don't know if they were able to tie or break that though).

Again, Congrats on a great run, I real enjoyed wating the 63 do some battels with the Aston early in the race yesterday!!!! Enjoy some of that good French Wine before coming home.
Old 06-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Banned

Congrats! I would have liked to seen Fellows win as he is one of my favorite drivers, but a Corvette win is a Corvette win! Also glad to see the Panoz win the GT2 class, another American made car although its engine is based off a Blue Oval motor, I'd still rather see an American Car take the checkered flag in an International race rather than anything else! Too bad more American teams didn't take a podium spot tho! I wish I would have seen this thread before, i was watching streaming video from a dutch website with radio le mans on at the same time! Still had the SpeedTV coverage on, but the radio le mans commentators are much better along with the dutch tv coverage!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Congrats on the in GT1 and too bad you couldn't have snagged the overal podium with the #64 car.

So, come on, let the cat out of the bag...is this the last time we will see Ron Fellows in the Corvette @ Le Mans??? He's surely not retiring from racing just yet is he?

How bad *** were those Audi TDIs? Beautiful machines and amazing engineering behind them to go the distance (I do believe they were close to the overall lap record @ Le Mans, don't know if they were able to tie or break that though).

Again, Congrats on a great run, I real enjoyed wating the 63 do some battels with the Aston early in the race yesterday!!!! Enjoy some of that good French Wine before coming home.
The overall podium is not really a goal for the team. They would love it, but its just not realistic to try an chase down the P1 cars. They are a completely different class and its not fair. Personally I think the ALMS would be more interesting if all the cars were treated equal like the World Challenge. It's like you're watching four races at the same time.

I don't know any more about Ron than you do watching the TV coverage. It sure looked like something special on his last run there. He was hugging everybody and it looked like it had some significance. I can tell you if I were Ron I would probably want to relax with my family and enjoy my winnings. I cannot fathom the work involved in driving that car for that amount of time.

I think the Audis broke the lap number record but since the track is a bit shorter they did not break the distance record.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Katech
The overall podium is not really a goal for the team. They would love it, but its just not realistic to try an chase down the P1 cars. They are a completely different class and its not fair. Personally I think the ALMS would be more interesting if all the cars were treated equal like the World Challenge. It's like you're watching four races at the same time..

I think the Audis broke the lap number record but since the track is a bit shorter they did not break the distance record.
Def. have to disagree with you on that, I love watching the 4 different classes and 4 different races at the same time, its what makes that series INTERESTING and not so much like the Speed World Challenge (which is an awesome series), Trans Am, or even NASCAR for the fact. Plus you get to see a lot more variety of cars and its always interesting when a car like the Corvette or a GT2 Porsche climbs its way up the ranks just by being consistent. Audi broke the lap recond by one lap it was 379 set by the R8 in 04 and they hit 380. Oh yea I think Grand-Am tried the prototypes and gt cars being competitive with each other and don't think that worked out to well, and they changed over to the Daytona Prototypes as well.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Great results Katech those corvettes are picking up alot of wins. When is the corvette bash in ky going to be, I forgot?
-Thanks Brandon
Old 06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Def. have to disagree with you on that, I love watching the 4 different classes and 4 different races at the same time, its what makes that series INTERESTING and not so much like the Speed World Challenge (which is an awesome series), Trans Am, or even NASCAR for the fact. Plus you get to see a lot more variety of cars and its always interesting when a car like the Corvette or a GT2 Porsche climbs its way up the ranks just by being consistent. Audi broke the lap recond by one lap it was 379 set by the R8 in 04 and they hit 380. Oh yea I think Grand-Am tried the prototypes and gt cars being competitive with each other and don't think that worked out to well, and they changed over to the Daytona Prototypes as well.
Yeah, this is my thinking as well. I never ment that you guys hsould try and chase down the LMP cars, was just saying that if due to attrition you had been able to snag an overall podium, that would have been pretty awsome (about like the Rolex 24 Overall victory 4 years ago).

Again, congrats, and hopefully we'll see Ron in some other cars and series part time. I'd hate to see him done with racing forever, but I can understand a need to take a breather as he has accomplished a great deal with the Corvette team in the last 6 years.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Banned

awsome results man congrats I did not catch the end of it I went to bed when that P1 car caught fire (radio lemans) thanks for the results
Old 06-23-2006, 07:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by lt1_man
Great results Katech those corvettes are picking up alot of wins. When is the corvette bash in ky going to be, I forgot?
-Thanks Brandon

It was in April.

Quick Reply: Le Mans is coming up! Test times inside...