Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Ferrari's/Lambos...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ferrari's/Lambos...

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, nowhere else quite seemed as fitting.

Im going to Italy for Three months (feb-May) and I was wondering... Do Ferrari or Lamborghini allow the general public to test-drive their cars?? Anywhere you can fork out some $$ and pay for a drive? I figure if NASCAR does it in America, why not Ferrari in Italy? If anyone knows ANYTHING about this or can point me in the right direction... Well i figure it's worth a shot.

-Charlie
Old 01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lmao fat chance they will even let you in the door. I very very very highly doubt they will elt a normie test drive a car without some type of massive payment and a signed paper stating you break you buy or they kill you whichever comes first
Old 01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tainted
lmao fat chance they will even let you in the door. I very very very highly doubt they will elt a normie test drive a car without some type of massive payment and a signed paper stating you break you buy or they kill you whichever comes first

I agree, unless you were about to buy the car then theres no way you are going to get a test drive. I got to test drive the Lambo Gallardo I had before I bought it...but they knew I didn't fly 600 miles for nothing.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Any companies that own their own? I've seen a few places in the UK that'll let you drive a new Gallardo around a track for a few laps. Maybe i'll be taking a spring break to the UK...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

There's a company in Europe that allows you to rent exotics for a day, weekend, week, etc. for a price. They've got Ferraris/Lambos/Porsches/etc. They also have tour routes for you to go on as well. Give me a sec while I try to find the link.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Here you go. I'd love to do this at one point in my life. http://www.euro-sportiva.com/
Old 01-09-2007, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

They charge around $4k+ to rent a Ferrari for 3 days, Lamborghinis are a bit more, and they've got a hefty deposit. Doubt it was the price range you were thinking of, but its' one of the most complete rental places I've seen before. I don't think they have a mileage limit, they have tours set up, etc.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

thanks guys, i figure it was worth a shot. looks like i'll be stuck going to the factory and taking a tour... who's gonna tell me they dont offer those?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA
thanks guys, i figure it was worth a shot. looks like i'll be stuck going to the factory and taking a tour... who's gonna tell me they dont offer those?
Do yourself a favor and join Ferrarichat.com and or Lambopower.com. Theres a couple people who go to Italy and they can help you out. Theres many people who have toured Pagaini, Ferrari, and Lambo so its worth joining.

Check this website out too http://www.drive-a-formula-1.com/drive-a-formula-1.html

Last edited by 67maro; 01-11-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I rented a Ferrari one of the times that I went to Hawaii, and have seen some exotic rental car Europe sites. One of them is "Italy-by-Ferrari" or something like that. They also have a "Paris-by-Vespa" company.

http://www.finesthotels.net/ferrari/

The Red Style Tour is an exciting and exclusive journey providing you with a unique experience of driving a Ferrari in Italy.

In the course of the week you will encounter all the best things Italy can offer from the charms of ancient Rome and Florence to the fascinating discovery of Assisi, Pienza and Pisa. Also there is 4-, 3- or 2-day journeys fitting leisure, corporate as well as incentive travel, for individuals or groups.

All this at the wheel of a Ferrari. Red style has three of the latest models and you can choose your favourite car for the 1000 kilometre plus trip through Tuscany's enchanting towns and serene landscapes. You can change cars if you wish to experience another model during the trip.

In the evening after a round of shopping and sampling some Italian Art accompanied by Red Travel staff, you will be served a dinner prepared in the best Italian gastronomic tradition before a luxurious stay in a former period residence.

Don't just dream of the Dolce Vita – come and live it.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA

LOL they might not
Old 02-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Teching In

I know a kid in my former highschool whose dad owned a Bently Dealer. He would roll up in a Bently and apparently they would let him test drive anything. I was never there with him, but my friends have been, so I believe it. I guess if you look the part, they're going to try and make a sale.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cford
I know a kid in my former highschool whose dad owned a Bently Dealer. He would roll up in a Bently and apparently they would let him test drive anything. I was never there with him, but my friends have been, so I believe it. I guess if you look the part, they're going to try and make a sale.
I could see that, if you are rolling in a new Bentley and the police aren't following you into the Ferrari dealership, I'd probably let them test drive one too

That appearance thing can come back and bite them though, years ago a local multi-millionaire (on the Forbes list) stopped by the MB dealership for his yearly S-class upgrade, someone didn't recognize him and didn't want to let him test drive. He calmly walked over to the BMW dealership and has been in 7-series' ever since.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will let you test drive just about anything I'm sure. I was in San Francisco last spring break staying at my uncle's house. He has bought and sold quite a few ferrari's and maserati's so I'm not sure if that had anything do it with it but we got to test drive a new Maserati Coupe and run the hell out of it with the salesman. I sat in just about all of the cars, and fired up a couple of them too. They were nice and let us do just about whatever we wanted. There was a guy there testing driving a 360 Modena Stradale (race version) for fun also...
Old 02-20-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dirtbag
They will let you test drive just about anything I'm sure. I was in San Francisco last spring break staying at my uncle's house. He has bought and sold quite a few ferrari's and maserati's so I'm not sure if that had anything do it with it...
I'm sure that had a LOT to do with it!

Cool story though.

Quick Reply: Ferrari's/Lambos...