Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racing seats

What is a good seat to have. I am not looking into getting some 1k seats. looking to replace my stock seat that are starting to tear. Want a nice tight fittin seat(as i am not a fat ***) If you have some aftermarket non name brand seat lets hear your feed back and pics. Seats have to recline and slide. not looking for a fixed seat.

thanks
D
Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A502slo
I am not looking into getting some 1k seats.

Seats have to recline and slide. not looking for a fixed seat.

thanks
D

Good luck with that ...

I just installed an Ultra-Shield seat ... cost about $350 with cover and right side head restraint.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

go to apc. They are re-upulstored recaros from what i hear.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

for 1k$ u can barely get a decent set of seats, let alone brackets or harnesss. I say look at Corbeau A4 seats, u can get those for a ncie price with brackets. At christmas I acquired a set of Corbeau CR1's in black w/ microsuede, 2 inch Corbeau Harnesses, and brackets. I wouldnt give them up for anything less.

A good set of seats will cost u a pretty penny, but will hold u in place unlike the sliding feeling with the factory leather seats.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Good luck with that ...

I just installed an Ultra-Shield seat ... cost about $350 with cover and right side head restraint.
Like Mitch, I have an Ultra-Shield in my car. They are fair inexpensive, but they work really well. I have it rigid mounted (no tilt/slide), but it is very sturdy. Whatever seat you choose, make it is mounted properly.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should just buy a fixed bucket.... and keep your stock seat for daily usage.. i mean how many times do you race anyways? is this a daily? fixed buckets are much better in my opinion that the ones that recline... plus, sometimes they are cheaper too.

seat companies that come to mind are Corbeau, Sparco (probably one of the most expensive companies), Bride( the most expensive), Recaro..

you can also find generic seats, modeled after big name models. for instance I have a friend who has ageneric seat, modeled after the Sparco Evo XL seat... cost him $220 .. and looks identical to my other friends original sparco evo xl.. with the exception it doesnt say "EVO XL" or "Sparco" anywhere... usually you can find these on the import forums, like EvoM or something, because they ALL have these seats..
Old 03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
you should just buy a fixed bucket.... and keep your stock seat for daily usage.. i mean how many times do you race anyways? is this a daily? fixed buckets are much better in my opinion that the ones that recline... plus, sometimes they are cheaper too.

seat companies that come to mind are Corbeau, Sparco (probably one of the most expensive companies), Bride( the most expensive), Recaro..

you can also find generic seats, modeled after big name models. for instance I have a friend who has ageneric seat, modeled after the Sparco Evo XL seat... cost him $220 .. and looks identical to my other friends original sparco evo xl.. with the exception it doesnt say "EVO XL" or "Sparco" anywhere... usually you can find these on the import forums, like EvoM or something, because they ALL have these seats..
I dont race that often, but my old seats are torn and dont like the way they feel. I do love the feel of the Sparco and Corbeau seats. I have seen some offbrand seats but can tell if there any good or not. Does anyone know a good off brand seat for sale. I have looked on ebay and stuff and no luck.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are looking to replacing your seats on a permanent level.. and want some quality to them, and better bolsters and look like they belong in the car and not in a civic.. they take a look at Corbeau GTSII's.. i have sat in these and i would daily drive in them any day.. and they look like they belong in the Camaro too..
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

I dont race that often, but my old seats are torn and dont like the way they feel. I do love the feel of the Sparco and Corbeau seats. I have seen some offbrand seats but can tell if there any good or not. Does anyone know a good off brand seat for sale. I have looked on ebay and stuff and no luck.

did you get my PM?
Old 04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

how about the mad racing seats for 400 leather race seats for 2. vary nice seat
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
how about the mad racing seats for 400 leather race seats for 2. vary nice seat
LINK PICS???
Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/640253-how-install-aftermarket-mad-racing-arizen-recaro-seats-factory-rails.html

if u keep scrolling down there are pics of them installed in the car. and this is a write up on how to put your stock seat brackets and power seat braqckets on these seats
Old 04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Try Summit racing they have some decent seats depending where you live Checkers Auto has some that are the same as SUmmit seats but cheaper.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Since this is the road racing forum, I'd suggest non-reclining, non-sliding sparco buckets. You can pick up a new set of seats for around $500 each. Honestly, if you're seriously considering racing, these are the way to go. And one more thing...if you buy them new from an authorized dealer, make sure you tell them you want to lower the price if you buy the harnesses and brackets as well. They'll do it. It's too much of a revenue loss for them not to.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dont forget cobra seats, they have some verry nice stuff.

Quick Reply: Racing seats