Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Castor / Camber...how to adjust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castor / Camber...how to adjust?

Okay, I have no idea on this. I took my car in to be aligned. They adjusted the toe but told me there's no way to adjust the castor and camber. I know that can't be right. What do I tell these guys?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadowLightCSU
Okay, I have no idea on this. I took my car in to be aligned. They adjusted the toe but told me there's no way to adjust the castor and camber. I know that can't be right. What do I tell these guys?
On a 4th gen, you can adjust both caster and camber. To adjust camber, loosen the bolt holding the camber bushing (the one that points to the front of the car). To adjust caster, loosen the bolt holding the caster bushings (the one that points towards the sky).

For auto-x/track use with stock springs (or slight drop springs) max out both caster and camber. Camber will be around -.7 to -1.0, caster between 3.5 and 5.5. Camber is more important than caster, so you want to max it first. For toe, zero toe or slight toe in is good for street driving. For serious auto-x use, up to 1/8" toe out can help turn in.

Quick Reply: Castor / Camber...how to adjust?