Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

TurboCharged Auto X guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default TurboCharged Auto X guys

Looks like I will be putting a turbo set up on my SS, but want to start doing Auto X and some track days. I drove a turbo set up in another fbody which might be the way I go, but not sure if it's going to be good for autox. The boost kicks in full around 2800rpm. Your experienced input please.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While you can certainly auto-x a turbo f-body, you really don't need the extra power. Even a stock LS1 has more than enough power for auto-x, even on big R's. As far as 'good for auto-x', I'm not sure it will actually make your car any faster, but it will make things interesting.

As far as track days: cooling, cooling, cooling, and more cooling. With boost, you are going to be making tons of heat. You will need a big oil cooler at a minimum, and probably a bigger radiator as well.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojave
While you can certainly auto-x a turbo f-body, you really don't need the extra power. Even a stock LS1 has more than enough power for auto-x, even on big R's. As far as 'good for auto-x', I'm not sure it will actually make your car any faster, but it will make things interesting.

As far as track days: cooling, cooling, cooling, and more cooling. With boost, you are going to be making tons of heat. You will need a big oil cooler at a minimum, and probably a bigger radiator as well.
I'm not adding turbo to do auto x, but I do want to do some auto x and track days with the car. Guess I will look into the cooling with big oil coolers and bigger radiator.

Quick Reply: TurboCharged Auto X guys