Finish Line Transmissions (FLT) Big Sale With New Policies

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:59 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Finish Line Transmissions (FLT) Big Sale With New Policies

We have decided it is time for a new sale and also a bit of change here at FLT. First being the sale. We will be offering a 10% off on all new transmissions purchased during this sale. This will include all new transmissions. 4l60e, 4l80e, th400, th350, 700r4, power glide, and manual transmissions. This will only apply to all orders received after 8-28-08. Core returns do apply and must be returned within 30days. We reserve the right to keep a credit card on file for this time period. If you do not return our core or are not in contact with us, we will charge your card for our core and the shipping container. In addition to this sale we have decided that we at FLT will be picking the shipping for the return of the core. This is for continental U.S. only!! This is a new policy that goes into effect 9-1-08. You will only be charged for the shipment for your new transmission to you and we will be paying for the return shipping back to us of the core. All transmissions are shipped truck freight in one of our secured shipping containers. All transmissions are shipped complete and are tested on our in house Axiline Transmission Dyno. See pictures below.

Here is our secured shipping container. This what you can expect to see when your new transmission arrives.

I would like to show you what makes FLT one of the best on the market. We put more in our transmissions then most do and spend money were others save it for themselves. There is no cutting corners when it comes to our customers. You deserve it and it is that simple.

1. All transmissions come Dyno tested. Here is the real world photo of the machine we use. This insures us that when you get them they work. No excuses. 100% satisfaction guarantee. To see some videos click on the link. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...276&highlight=

2. All units come complete as a bolt in application. These units are shipped with a bell and tail. As you can see in this photo they are literally new. These are not painted units. These are virgin aluminum cases that we in house media blast. They look great when finished with a real new look! All you need to do is install them. No BS for the installer to do other than put it in. We feel you pay for 100% of a transmission and that is exactly what we give you.

3. No need to swap tail housings and have to put a new bushing and seals in it. It's ready to go and already installed. Some companies do not supply you with this because it only cost them more money. We feel that all new transmissions require it and you as the customer deserve it. AWD and 4wd units come with the proper seal and gasket for your transfer case and it's adapter.

4. All units come with the correct bell housing installed. Not making the installer do it. These bolts that hold this bell on can be very difficult to get out and often strip out. Once again giving you 100% of the transmission.

5. All units come with the proper new cooler fittings. As you can see they are new and never reused here at FLT. Old fittings can leak and cause your new trans to fail due to lack of oil. Once again giving the installer 100% of the transmission.

6. All units come with the proper linkage shafts in them. I get calls all the time from guy's that buy rebuilt units with the wrong ones installed. Their shifters do not line up properly or will not work at all.

7. All units come with valve bodies that have been fully disassemble and checked for proper tolerances. It's the only way to do it in my opinion. These valve bodies come with the trans go hd-2 kit installed. Not a low budget in house kit that costs a couple dollars. Or simply a seperator plate that is drilled. We spend money on our units and give it right back to you.

8. All units come with new solenoids and internal harnesses installed on the valve body. Old electronics could be the reason why the last trans failed. We like to eliminate the chance of failure. Once again giving you more for your money.

9. All units come with new clutches and bands. In most cases units also get a new reverse input drum. This is where the band is applied for 2nd and 4th gear. Old drums can be dished and cause a band failure. Also the inside of an old drum can be worn and cause reverse engagement issues. We refuse to use worn drums.

Picture of the new drum and the red Alto band used in level 4 units.

Basically the same pic from above with the carbon lined band used in the level 5 build.

10. All transmissions come with newly refreshed pumps. Surfaced machined with new internal components and new oversize pressure regulator valves. We do this to eliminate all cross leaks greatly reducing transmission failures.

11. All units come with new upgraded FLT beast sun shells. This is not a normal beast shell in our level 4 and 5 builds. It comes with a bearing and sleeve for added quality/strength.

12. All units come with new wide bushing were available. This gives your transmission added strength and support.

There are many more things that we do. Take a look at our build sheets and compare them to the competition when purchasing a unit. There is a lot of marketing scams out there that make things look better then they really are. At FLT we fully go through your unit and do not cut corners in order to save us money. I personally guarantee it. We install many new parts in our units that others do not. I look at it as getting the most for your money! This is by far the best sale with the newly added return shipping policy FLT has ever offered. Please take a look at what we have to offer and give us a call. For questions FLT's phone number is 1-630-350-7776 and the email is sales@finishlinetrans.com. Here is a link to our site http://www.finishlinetrans.com/

Also all of our transmissions come with a 6 month warranty. At any point after the warranty if you ever have a problem give us a call. We have a program for you. It is what we call a freshen up special. We will need to get your unit back here to get you back on the road at a discounted price. The special is $250 labor plus parts. We can arrange the shipping for you but there will be a charge for this. Basically at our cost is what you pay. Being that these units come with so many new parts when originally sold, we go back through them as if we were going to build them. Some parts because we know the history of them can be reused. Obvious worn parts will be replaced and also as times change so do our transmissions. If there has been an update to our product it will be done when we freshen up your FLT transmission. It's that simple. Here is a link to see one of our level 4 builds.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/800809-flt-takes-wow-factor-lot-pics.html

Again all transmissions come fully Dyno tested. Here are some video's for you.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...276&highlight=

Thank you for taking the time to read this info and we look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to post up a comment or to ask a question. Also use the contact info above if needed. Thank you. Vince

Last edited by FLT; 08-29-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the website and there was no TH350,400 prices? Any help?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:31 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Please call for pricing on the transmissions not currently listed. One of our winter projects is to get the pricing on these posted along with some new photo's that I have been taking. If you have any question feel free to pm me or email the shop at sales@finishlinetrans.com or simply give us a call. Thank you. Vince
Old 09-27-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you tell me what kind of power your level 3 4l60e can handle, I need a tranny for my daily driver 02 camaro, currently makes about 370rwhp and It's got a 75-100 wet shot when I take it to the track, 3200 fuddle stall.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you recommend anything special for an DD F body that sees some autocross action once a month? (around 400 rwhp)
Old 09-28-2008, 04:55 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by z28pat
Can you tell me what kind of power your level 3 4l60e can handle, I need a tranny for my daily driver 02 camaro, currently makes about 370rwhp and It's got a 75-100 wet shot when I take it to the track, 3200 fuddle stall.
PM returned. Thank you. Vince

Originally Posted by Lars1361
Would you recommend anything special for an DD F body that sees some autocross action once a month? (around 400 rwhp)
A big cooler would be a must. I would suggest that you take a look at our level 3 or 4 build. Vince
Old 09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

do you guys absoulutely need cores or do you have htem in stock ?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:18 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

We have cores that we use for the new units we build. We do require that a core be returned or there is a core charge. Vince
Old 10-15-2008, 06:05 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Bump for the HUMP day. Thank you guys for your orders. We appreciate it. Just to let everyone know the sale will continue into October. Also all transmissions now come with a can of cooler flush to help clean out your cooler and it's lines. Thank you. Vince
Old 10-16-2008, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

can i get a PM...
looking to swap a TH400 into a 99 LS1 camaro
do u guys offer a swap kit?
converter?
whatever info is appreciated
Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

We do not offer a for say kit for the conversion. We can supply you with the trans and it will be custom built for your application. I would need some more info on your car to give you a proper quote. PM sent. Vince
Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Bump for the day. Thank you guys for your orders. We appreciate it. Just to let everyone know the sale will continue through October. Not sure how long after. Also all transmissions now come with a can of cooler flush to help clean out your cooler and it's lines. Thank you. Vince
Old 10-25-2008, 07:00 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Bump for the weekend crew. Vince
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Default FLT for me!

The 10% off sale is great, but I would gladly pay even more for one of these FLT transmissions. I bought a 4L60 level 5 last month and put it into my turbocharged Denali P/U. I loved how Vince took the time to show me the shop and how they work together to build the best transmissions in the business. This trans is awesome. Firm, precise shifts - nothing at all like the slush-box it replaced. I'm over 500hp and the trans is rock-solid. Vince truly is a master of the field. Any other projects I undertake, regardless of what it is will most certainly be sporting an FLT trans. Thanks again Chuck and Vince!! Brian
Old 10-31-2008, 07:33 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Thanks for the update Brian. Good to hear you got the Denali transmission and turbo install completed. Always nice to have a customer pick up their trans in person. I still can not believe that you came all the way from Canada to pick this trans up! Thank you for choosing FLT. We appreciate it. Vince
Old 10-31-2008, 12:57 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Just got the word that this sale ends today. Thank you for the orders and make sure to keep an eye out for our upcoming holiday specials. Thank you again from FLT. Vince
Old 11-01-2008, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good tranny...

Quick Reply: Finish Line Transmissions (FLT) Big Sale With New Policies