Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

14' 5.0 vs 5G SS 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 10:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
Supposed to take HCI for a 5th gen to run with a stock Br0gina and here a high mod one got trained up top by a nearly stock 5th gen wtf
Old 09-21-2016, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
If the intake is a HAI... Its still a hot air intake if you cut the silencer off. I highly doubt it gives you the gains of a legit CAI.
How is it hot air? He's already said his intake air trmps was lower with the modded oe piece
Originally Posted by corysmach1
If Phil's front bumper is at his rear bumper thats a 1 car loss.....on the runs Phil isn't even in the picture and it's safe to say you can see 2 cars back....mind you again if his front bumper is at Poppa's rear thats a 1 car loss. They race up over 100 and Phil never comes back into the pic of the go pro. Anyone can see that.
I guess you watched thr one race you wanted to see.
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Actually...many aftermarket CAI are not as good as a stock box. Even poppa admitted the steeda cai seen increased IAT.

Seeing this on the new Camaro as well...I think finally roto fab has made one that has beaten the stocker.

and for being a bunch of gear heads im surprised no one has seen or heard about gains from a small mod like this. No it wont be a huge gain but there is benefit. and im not sure if poppa did it for that reason or the reason he stated. doesn't matter.

On one had hio knows how to make a car run and people admit this...but on the other hand everyone is quick to argue with anything he says. once again he is right...this modification will add a few hp. and bar none will be better than many of the un effective aftermarket cais that are on the market.

it does not make the box any more of a cai...it makes it flow a bit better. and like ive said...it does a better job of keeping the air cool than some aftermarket boxes will.

just calling it like it is
They no like how it is.

Good post

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
BUllshit on your Bullshit... I mentioned it plenty of times. Just because you didnt read it doesn't mean a damned thing. I have no reason to lie... unlike the Hiocrew.

You've been making up **** over and over. That is a lie when do that. So yes in fact you have been lying nonstop. Several in this thread alone.

Are you really that ******* stupid??? Look at the damned pictures and tell me where I am getting extra ******* air from??? My car ran NO faster with full uncut stock airbox, modified airbox, or the ******* Steeda... no difference between ANY of them.. I seem to remember stating the Steeda made no damned difference from stock airbox when I first put it on.

And yeah... its been proven that the Hiocrew mixes race fuel for extra timing.. no need to lie anymore... your secret is out man.
Right here is a lie. You're one of the most pathetic people i have ever met. That e10 super duper unleaded phil pumped in at the convenience was straight up race gas ......like ftw purple the br0ginas like to run

Sorry....the most pathetic
My ego to zero head shots. I mearly overreacted to how two faced he was.. along with personal **** going on which made my fine line worse at the time. Apologized... ancient history. Not discussing it anymore.
The only thing goin on 2 faced here is you lying nonstop. Me telling you straight up how it is isn't 2 faced. You claiming your mods some how do nothing now is 2 faced.

Hell you claim phil is a good guy then accuse him of lying because you claim some race gas bullshit. How many faces you havr man? It's more than 2 fo sho

Strange how that works.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched all of them.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-22-2016, 03:52 AM
Banned

I see that Jay is being gay again with his Malibu.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
I see that Jay is being gay again with his Malibu.
Why does that bother people so much? Jay is a GM guy.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Looks like Poppa won. Phil should mod up more to try and compete....
Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Harambe up in dis bitch
How did you know TL's wife's nickname for his dong?

Poppa said his temps were lower on stock airbox than they were on aftermarket CAI. He experienced the same thing I did first time around
Old 09-22-2016, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Full sausage fif gen and still couldn't take out a LBO bro....sad days
Old 09-22-2016, 07:36 AM
Launching!

Because the position and coverage of the sensor that reads iat's wouldn't effect that.. Lol
Old 09-22-2016, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

I didn't turn mine and Phil's race into the dramafest it was. You and your crew did. You seem to have forgotten the first thing I posted when I made the thread.
Never said that. Said from the beginning it would be a close race.
Looks like you may just be a pathological lier. You were starting the drama before the race ever happened.....then did emergency cat deletes. When you clearly thought you had him covered on pump and street tires.

I warned you not to show up like that if you remember or it was gonna be a bad day for you.

You should really be thanking me and phil should be pissed at me.

Looks like you were even to excited to spell idiot right in that post.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-22-2016 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
How is it hot air? He's already said his intake air trmps was lower with the modded oe piece

I guess you watched thr one race you wanted to see.

They no like how it is.

Good post

You've been making up **** over and over. That is a lie when do that. So yes in fact you have been lying nonstop. Several in this thread alone.

Right here is a lie. You're one of the most pathetic people i have ever met. That e10 super duper unleaded phil pumped in at the convenience was straight up race gas ......like ftw purple the br0ginas like to run

Sorry....the most pathetic

The only thing goin on 2 faced here is you lying nonstop. Me telling you straight up how it is isn't 2 faced. You claiming your mods some how do nothing now is 2 faced.

Hell you claim phil is a good guy then accuse him of lying because you claim some race gas bullshit. How many faces you havr man? It's more than 2 fo sho

Strange how that works.
I am just going to stop arguing with you. Period.

silncer cut from stock airbox did zero to affect IATs. The steeda airbox/intake with open air element made IATs higher. Stock airbox WITH and WITHOUT the silencer had exact same IATs.

Enjoy arguing with yourself mang.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am just going to stop arguing with you. Period.

silncer cut from stock airbox did zero to affect IATs. The steeda airbox/intake with open air element made IATs higher. Stock airbox WITH and WITHOUT the silencer had exact same IATs.

Enjoy arguing with yourself mang.
I noticed the same thing myself between the JLT CAI and the stock airbox the first go round
Old 09-22-2016, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Looks like you may just be a pathological lier. You were starting the drama before the race ever happened.....then did emergency cat deletes. When you clearly thought you had him covered on pump and street tires.

I warned you not to show up like that if you remember or it was gonna be a bad day for you.

You should really be thanking me and phil should be pissed at me.

Looks like you were even to excited to spell idiot right in that post.
Obviously you don't know the difference in online **** talk. You should as much **** that you talk. And I state again.. Imagine if I had full exhaust like phil and intake work, and cai etc etc etc... wow... race would have been a blowout for Nanner.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Obviously you don't know the difference in online **** talk. You should as much **** that you talk. And I state again.. Imagine if I had full exhaust like phil and intake work, and cai etc etc etc... wow... race would have been a blowout for Nanner.
The results of the races just state what the simply said all along. 5Gs need more power mods to compete with Br0s
Old 09-22-2016, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
The results of the races just state what the simply said all along. 5Gs need more power mods to compete with Br0s
Troof. I am just glad I had my catch can and cut that silencer off my stalk airbox. Phil would have beet me by 10 cars if I hadn't done those...
Old 09-22-2016, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

We see the results and no matter what as long as nanner won there was going to be **** talking coming. Just end this pointless torture session already. The vid speaks the truth
Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

My favorite Poppa cray lie is when he posts to the poor Broginas on Facebook and says he went 11s with tune and catback. Tsk tsk

Brogina claims have gotten worse since 6th gen came out. Now that 5th gens are getting in the right hands...

Phil doesn't have ewp,pulley,tune,ds,brakes,wheels etc so nout even close to full sausage OJ. Rest of the nonsense posted not even worth a retort. Get your twins on Poppa. I am waiting.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

As it sits now, s550 with bolt ons is .209@5.7mph quicker and faster than bolt on 5G. Average top 5 of each list to eliminate possible outliers, .2192@4.934 for the Br0

That is a solid 1-1/2 - 2 cars difference at the strip.

5G obviously wins NA once internal mods are made though.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

5G 1LE is still one of my favorite looking cars ever made post 2000

Quick Reply: 14' 5.0 vs 5G SS 1LE