Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of MWC 8 point

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomz28
i understand ive been doging my engine builder, the 1 mo time frame has turn in to 3 now
That's one person not to rush. Trust me. LOL
Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryarbrough
That's one person not to rush. Trust me. LOL
i call him every few weeks to see how its going. im about to go get the prats and put it together my self.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomz28
i understand ive been doging my engine builder, the 1 mo time frame has turn in to 3 now
That sux man, I am in no hurry with the MWC Fab 9. I know Eric is Very busy, and I am too. So no reason to rush him you know!

As for an engine builder, I know how that **** goes. Your just so ready to get it back and then when they tell u 1 thing and it doesn't get done by then, now your at the point to where your pissed off and just want it done! But you are at the mercy of the builder.

Hope everything turns out ok for you!
Old 07-01-2017, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Back from the grave. How far back are you able to lean the seat back with a MWC cage? When it comes to cages, both safety and comfort are important.

For those with stock seats and a MWC cage and the seats moved as far back as they will go at the floor base, how many clicks can you recline the seat before it hits the bar? 1? 2? None?

I'm 6'3 and have zero interest sitting in my car on long drives with the seat as seen in the first pic below, which is one click. Can the cage be installed with the seat in the last position? Not saying you would track the car with the seat reclined that far back, but who would want to sit all upright during a 2+ hr drive? Since the cross bar can't be removable and still pass tech, what are the options here?

Old 07-01-2017, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

This looks like the correct type of cage with the angle I'm looking for where it's angled rather than straight 90 to the floor. Just needs to be a cage rather than a roll bar.

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 07-02-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 6'3" and mine is setup exactly like MWC's. You cannot click the seat all the way back but it's really not a big deal to me I'm still comfortable. I can put mine all the way back and click it down 2 clicks before it hits the bar but thats not how I sit in it. I move it slightly forward and click it down 3 clicks than move it so its just touching the bar. I can click it down 3 clicks and move it all the way back but it pushes up on the seat fairly hard. Now mine isn't a MWC cage but it's a custom built cage that is in the same location. I'm going to install a Kirkey racing seat and I imagine that is going to help with room a bit.

With saying you really shouldn't run a cage like this with stock seats. It lacks the proper slots for a 5 point harness to secure you in safely. If you absolutely want the extra seat room look into the Wolfe racecraft cage as it basically lines up with the back of the door opening. Wolfe and MWC both make the best roll cage kits.

Last edited by Nitroused383; 07-02-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
I'm 6'3" and mine is setup exactly like MWC's. You cannot click the seat all the way back but it's really not a big deal to me I'm still comfortable. I can put mine all the way back and click it down 2 clicks before it hits the bar but thats not how I sit in it. I move it slightly forward and click it down 3 clicks than move it so its just touching the bar. I can click it down 3 clicks and move it all the way back but it pushes up on the seat fairly hard. Now mine isn't a MWC cage but it's a custom built cage that is in the same location. I'm going to install a Kirkey racing seat and I imagine that is going to help with room a bit.

With saying you really shouldn't run a cage like this with stock seats. It lacks the proper slots for a 5 point harness to secure you in safely. If you absolutely want the extra seat room look into the Wolfe craft racing cage as it basically lines up with the back of the door opening. Wolfe and MWC both make the best roll cage kits.
Great info, thanks! Looks like you have a A-arm pillar gauge also? Any fitment issues with that? How much did it cost you to get it installed and did you remove the interior yourself?
Old 07-02-2017, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Great info, thanks! Looks like you have a A-arm pillar gauge also? Any fitment issues with that? How much did it cost you to get it installed and did you remove the interior yourself?
My setup at the moment is just a roll bar but I'm in the process of having it converted to an 8.50 legal cert. I really have no idea about the cage because I bought the car with it already done. As far as I can tell it was done over 10 years ago. Getting quotes for converting it to a full 8.50 cert with chromoly seems to be around $1800 if they pull everything apart or less if I remove everything. I want to tuck it as tight as I can so I'm still not sure if the A-pillar gauges need to go yet or not. Not going to do the halo style bar that these kits come with as the cage guys think a normal eyebrow bar will provide more head room.

Quick Reply: Pics of MWC 8 point