Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Rolling Meadows Cruise Nights - Fridays 5-8pm

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BFK86
haha really? Do you guys have Fbodys? would be ironic if you did.
I have a 2000 T\A convertible and my friend has a 99 Mustang Cobra.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Will be leaving for MP in a few minutes. Should be there around 6-6:15.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couldn't make it Saturday, got my kooks LTs and started on that project. A few bloody arms/hands and a broken header bolt later she is still on the stands... hopefully finished by next Saturday.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:58 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by omaha stylee
Couldn't make it Saturday, got my kooks LTs and started on that project. A few bloody arms/hands and a broken header bolt later she is still on the stands... hopefully finished by next Saturday.
It's been a long time since I put headers on one of these cars. Last set I did was Bassani, those were super easy - basically fell into place. These were never popular due to being a mid, but their quality and fit was fantastic. I made good power with them. Don't think they've made those for about a decade now.

Sorry you couldn't make it Saturday, it was a good turn out as usual. I was planning to go to the Skokie show tonight but glad I didn't bother since it rained here pretty good.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
It's been a long time since I put headers on one of these cars. Last set I did was Bassani, those were super easy - basically fell into place. These were never popular due to being a mid, but their quality and fit was fantastic. I made good power with them. Don't think they've made those for about a decade now.

Sorry you couldn't make it Saturday, it was a good turn out as usual. I was planning to go to the Skokie show tonight but glad I didn't bother since it rained here pretty good.
I was pleasantly surprised with how easy the 1 7/8 kooks were to get into place. I have heard so many say they needed to remove steering knuckle, massage firewall, Jack motor up from mount, etc... the only things in my way were the oil filter and drain plug on the DS and starter on the PS.

Gotta have a buddy come out to weld a nut on the header bolt and I should be back in business. Hopefully I'll have it tuned and on the street by next Saturday. There was a smaller show by the Mount Prospect public works on central that I stopped by for a couple minutes earlier in the day. Got to talking to a guy with a 30th anniversary ws6 in white with 8k miles on it. Very clean car.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:59 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

There was a smaller show by the Mount Prospect public works on central that I stopped by for a couple minutes earlier in the day. Got to talking to a guy with a 30th anniversary ws6 in white with 8k miles on it. Very clean car.
I may know this car, not too many 30th WS6 cars in existence in the first place, and even fewer with such low miles in the vicinity. I don't remember the owner's name, but I remember competing with such a car at a couple judged events hosted by Black Dog Promotions back in the 2007-08 time frame. He and I took first and second place in the stock '90s class at one of these events in Des Plaines, I think he beat me by one point. There was also another 30th WS6 that belonged to someone in Lockport back around ~2003-04 or so, that owner also used it only for show purposes from what I remember.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I may know this car, not too many 30th WS6 cars in existence in the first place, and even fewer with such low miles in the vicinity. I don't remember the owner's name, but I remember competing with such a car at a couple judged events hosted by Black Dog Promotions back in the 2007-08 time frame. He and I took first and second place in the stock '90s class at one of these events in Des Plaines, I think he beat me by one point. There was also another 30th WS6 that belonged to someone in Lockport back around ~2003-04 or so, that owner also used it only for show purposes from what I remember.
That's gotta be my friends dad with the 30th..Rick Giovannini, bought the car new. He comes out to a few cruise nights here and there but mainly just judged shows.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:07 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

That's gotta be my friends dad with the 30th..Rick Giovannini, bought the car new. He comes out to a few cruise nights here and there but mainly just judged shows.
He would remember the old Black Dog annual show at Maryville then, that's where I remember the car from specifically. Maybe a couple other events as well. I don't know why some of these moments stick in my head so vividly, but I recall him, myself and my friend Mark taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, respectively, in the stock '90s class at that event in the summer of 2007.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

He would remember the old Black Dog annual show at Maryville then, that's where I remember the car from specifically. Maybe a couple other events as well. I don't know why some of these moments stick in my head so vividly, but I recall him, myself and my friend Mark taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, respectively, in the stock '90s class at that event in the summer of 2007.
If that was in 2007 the car probably only had a couple thousand miles on it, I havent seen it up close it about a year or two but i know its under 10k miles, showroom new basically. Ive seen one other clean lower mile 30th around here about a year ago in Lombard and one at the pontiac show at pheasant run..supposedly the guy that brings his to the annual pontiac show knows Rick and they usually compete against each other for the "trophy" lol. There was another 99 30th that used to come around the shows a few years back that had a built motor and mufflex exhaust..was pretty clean but high miles and of course you can tell high miles on a car when it has white leather..always the first thing to show age.

Here's the one with the built motor, knew i had a picture of it somewhere in my photobucket album haha..he was from the schaumburg area.
Name:  20130729_084202_zpstpjcvvkn.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  439.4 KB
Old 07-06-2017, 03:29 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

If that was in 2007 the car probably only had a couple thousand miles on it, I havent seen it up close it about a year or two but i know its under 10k miles, showroom new basically. Ive seen one other clean lower mile 30th around here about a year ago in Lombard and one at the pontiac show at pheasant run..supposedly the guy that brings his to the annual pontiac show knows Rick and they usually compete against each other for the "trophy" lol.
Looks like I remembered correctly, that show was on 8/11/07. His 30th was tough competition, I scored 98 of 100 at that event and he still managed to beat me, I think by one point. I looked through some old pictures and found one of my car at the event, it had 13k miles on it at the time:

I think I encountered his car at some other Black Dog events as well, but that whole show circuit faded away around ~2013 or so. At that point, I hadn't been to any of those events in a couple of years at least.

There was another 99 30th that used to come around the shows a few years back that had a built motor and mufflex exhaust..was pretty clean but high miles and of course you can tell high miles on a car when it has white leather..always the first thing to show age.

Here's the one with the built motor, knew i had a picture of it somewhere in my photobucket album haha..he was from the schaumburg area.
Wonder if that's BradWS6's car? Haven't seen him around in ages.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:28 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Great night at MP tonight, I had my '71 there for the first time this year. Didn't think I'd get a spot but one of the guys in my usual group was leaving as I showed up, so it worked out perfect.

Beautiful weather today and tonight. We stayed until just after 10pm, then cruised to the aftershow at the McDonald's by RT.83 & Golf. Took a cruise for a bit after that, put about 60 miles on the car tonight which was nice since I so rarely take it out. The brakes are doing much better since I rebuilt them, again.

I didn't see any of you guys, but I wasn't there until about 7pm. Hope you all were having some fun with the cars one way or another.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Lombard was a great turnout. Got there around 8 and meet my friend who brought out his 75 T/A. Definitely looking to hit MP one of these upcoming weekends.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:27 PM
Launching!

My plans have changed a bit and my car will be down for a few weeks while she gets some upgrades... that escalated quickly
Old 07-11-2017, 07:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

My plans have changed a bit and my car will be down for a few weeks while she gets some upgrades... that escalated quickly
uh oh, what's the car getting now?
Old 07-12-2017, 07:17 AM
Launching!

uh oh, what's the car getting now?
Just a tad bit of top end work. H/C/I after several failed attempts trying to get that stupid header bolt out it has been determined the head needs to come off. If I'm pulling the head... well, you know.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just a tad bit of top end work. H/C/I after several failed attempts trying to get that stupid header bolt out it has been determined the head needs to come off. If I'm pulling the head... well, you know.
Haha that would **** me off also..I think I have a bit of a lifter tick on my car..which also mean heads will have to be pulled to do anything about it..and I don't wanna put a cam and upgrade the springs, timing chain, oil pump and all that **** and have a bad lifter. So i think I will be doing the same thing probably next spring. My friend Steve (taprxxt) has the PRC 225 heads on his car and they perform really well, I will probably go with the same heads when I do..unless my friend pulls his 243s off his ZO6 anytime soon.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:58 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Should be at MP by 6-6:30 again.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Teching In

We (BFK86 and I) may be at MP for a bit towards the beginning but will definitely be making it out to Lombard for the majority of the night. We are so close to MP that we barely get to drive when we head out to that one so Lombard is usually the show of choice for us on Saturdays.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:37 PM
Teching In

I was going to say ... was it this one? BFK86 (Kevin) is the guy standing there lol.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:45 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Taprxxt
We (BFK86 and I) may be at MP for a bit towards the beginning but will definitely be making it out to Lombard for the majority of the night. We are so close to MP that we barely get to drive when we head out to that one so Lombard is usually the show of choice for us on Saturdays.
That's understandable. There used to be a show in Niles on Friday nights that I went to briefly in 2011, it was so close to home that I couldn't even get the engine fully warmed up on the way. On the rare occasions that I take one of the cars out, I like to drive it more than 2-3 miles.

I actually don't even like the lot at MP, too many trees and not enough parking, but I know so many of the regulars there that I have a great time whether I bring a car or not.

Quick Reply: Rolling Meadows Cruise Nights - Fridays 5-8pm