Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Rolling Meadows Cruise Nights - Fridays 5-8pm

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Db123formula
Thanks I'll be out with a 99 white formula black ZO6 rims and a cat back. Just getting back into the Fbody scene.... It's been a long time.
Did you just buy that formula? There was a really clean white 99 formula with 20 some thousand miles for sale recently on craigslist that i was eyeing for a while..it was also for sale at some chevy dealer last year right after i bought mine, was kinda pissed cause i couldnt find anything clean in the area so i flew to NY and drove mine home..then that one came up for sale go figure.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BFK86
Did you just buy that formula? There was a really clean white 99 formula with 20 some thousand miles for sale recently on craigslist that i was eyeing for a while..it was also for sale at some chevy dealer last year right after i bought mine, was kinda pissed cause i couldnt find anything clean in the area so i flew to NY and drove mine home..then that one came up for sale go figure.
Yea just scooped it up. Spent 2 hours with a couple of 4th gen guru's going through it with a fine toothed comb to make sure it was as clean as advertised. Not a single panel was touched the only thing we found was the front bumper was repainted like every 4th gen I've ever come across. I couldn't pass on it as I was looking specifically for a hard top m6 white formula with low miles for about a year.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I was at Mt. Prospect tonight, from about 6:30 until the rain hit at 8:15 - glad I didn't bring the car. I didn't see either of you guys though. I did see a nice 30th anniversary Z28, and also Corvette Bob's new-to-him '94 Z28 in Purple Pearl Metallic (really nice car, only 29k miles) as he was leaving. Mostly I was at the far end of the show, close to the exit with my usual group. Sorry if I missed you guys, but I didn't check back here prior to heading out so I didn't know to look for you.
We must have gotten there right before you and we parked all the way at the end of the lot. I did see the purple one but definitely didn't see one of yours ... prob good you didn't bring it. I spent a couple hours washing and waxing mine and of course the rain hit right before we left.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Teching In

We were there for about an hour and a half, down near the end of the lot, my formula and his TA, didnt bother backing in just pulled in forward. We took off in a hurry when the rain started, good thing i live less than a mile away so got home before the streets got wet lol. I always fail to get pics of our cars in the lot but this is right before we got there..

BFK, nice car. I also live a mile away from the MP lot. I am shocked I haven't seen you and your car around. Generally I see more c5 vettes and older (60's) muscle cars around the area.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

We were there for about an hour and a half, down near the end of the lot, my formula and his TA, didnt bother backing in just pulled in forward. We took off in a hurry when the rain started, good thing i live less than a mile away so got home before the streets got wet lol. I always fail to get pics of our cars in the lot but this is right before we got there..
Originally Posted by Taprxxt
We must have gotten there right before you and we parked all the way at the end of the lot. I did see the purple one but definitely didn't see one of yours ... prob good you didn't bring it. I spent a couple hours washing and waxing mine and of course the rain hit right before we left.
Not sure how I missed you guys, I spent the whole time in that same general area where you were parked, I guess I didn't quite make it to the very end though. I made it as far down as the dark gray 6th gen that belongs to my friend Eddie, which was parked next to Glenn's black '70 RS/Z28. You two must've been parked even further towards the end. Mostly I was over by the white C6 GS convertible (Harold), silver '79 Malibu (Steve) and dark red BBC Fox body coupe (Jeff.) Not sure if you know any of those guys/cars. I came with a daily driver and parked in the lot across the street, MP is about 15 miles from me so the drive home in the rain would've made a huge mess. I'd have to do a full restoration after something like that.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:44 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Yea just scooped it up. Spent 2 hours with a couple of 4th gen guru's going through it with a fine toothed comb to make sure it was as clean as advertised. Not a single panel was touched the only thing we found was the front bumper was repainted like every 4th gen I've ever come across. I couldn't pass on it as I was looking specifically for a hard top m6 white formula with low miles for about a year.
I saw this one listed as well, I would have been very interested too if it had been an A4 car. Looked very nice.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I saw this one listed as well, I would have been very interested too if it had been an A4 car. Looked very nice.
I had an A4 LT1 car with a stall in my previous life. It was fun as hell, but always wanted an M6 after having the auto for several years.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

BFK, nice car. I also live a mile away from the MP lot. I am shocked I haven't seen you and your car around. Generally I see more c5 vettes and older (60's) muscle cars around the area.
Oh no kidding? Mine is just a fun car, only comes out when its nice for the most part. I live on Main st. down the street from Randhurst..where are you at? I only know of a pewter TA a few blocks away thats been sitting in the guys backyard for over a year..not much else in my neighborhood thats interesting though.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure how I missed you guys, I spent the whole time in that same general area where you were parked, I guess I didn't quite make it to the very end though. I made it as far down as the dark gray 6th gen that belongs to my friend Eddie, which was parked next to Glenn's black '70 RS/Z28. You two must've been parked even further towards the end. Mostly I was over by the white C6 GS convertible (Harold), silver '79 Malibu (Steve) and dark red BBC Fox body coupe (Jeff.) Not sure if you know any of those guys/cars. I came with a daily driver and parked in the lot across the street, MP is about 15 miles from me so the drive home in the rain would've made a huge mess. I'd have to do a full restoration after something like that.
Haha yeah i know of most of those cars you described, i like that dark red fox body stang..although i thought it had a big block ford in it?
Old 06-04-2017, 11:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Haha yeah i know of most of those cars you described, i like that dark red fox body stang..although i thought it had a big block ford in it?
It used to be a Ford 460 stroked to a 513ci I believe. Last year, Jeff decided to "fix the slow" and convert to a Dart M BBC + TH400. It's something like ~585ci, don't remember the exact displacement. Made over 700hp NA and could take a 200-250 shot no problem. That little coupe is really nothing more than an engine harness.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:45 AM
Teching In

Oh no kidding? Mine is just a fun car, only comes out when its nice for the most part. I live on Main st. down the street from Randhurst..where are you at? I only know of a pewter TA a few blocks away thats been sitting in the guys backyard for over a year..not much else in my neighborhood thats interesting though.
Off of central on the other side of the tracks.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Off of central on the other side of the tracks.
Oh nice! Ill have to keep a lookout for your car, bring it on over to the rolling meadows and mount prospect shows on fridays and saturdays..myself or taprxxt are usually at one or both if the weather is nice.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Oh nice! Ill have to keep a lookout for your car, bring it on over to the rolling meadows and mount prospect shows on fridays and saturdays..myself or taprxxt are usually at one or both if the weather is nice.
It is also my "fun" car so you probably won't see it often, nice days primarily or at union grove once in a blue moon. Can't make it tonight but I will likely make the MP show tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:01 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

It is also my "fun" car so you probably won't see it often, nice days primarily or at union grove once in a blue moon. Can't make it tonight but I will likely make the MP show tomorrow.
I saw you at MP last night, sitting at the light at 83/NW Hwy, but I guess you were just leaving as I was getting there.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Teching In

I saw you at MP last night, sitting at the light at 83/NW Hwy, but I guess you were just leaving as I was getting there.
That was me. I must have just missed you. There was a fair amount of cars there yesterday I think i may have showed up a bit early. It seemed as after 6:30-7 is when a lot of people started shuffling in. I'll be back there next Saturday. Definitely stop by and introduce yourself.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

That was me. I must have just missed you. There was a fair amount of cars there yesterday I think i may have showed up a bit early. It seemed as after 6:30-7 is when a lot of people started shuffling in. I'll be back there next Saturday. Definitely stop by and introduce yourself.
I don't usually get there much before 6-6:30 or so, and I was running even later this last Saturday. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, but I did get to see your car at the stop light - looked very nice.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Teching In

I don't usually get there much before 6-6:30 or so, and I was running even later this last Saturday. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, but I did get to see your car at the stop light - looked very nice.
Likely I will be there most Saturdays, so we'll catch up soon enough. I believe I saw the maroon notch with the big block that you gents were discussing above at the show before I left. Wow that car was clean. Thanks for the compliments on the formula. It is not perfect but for an almost 20 year old car it is as clean as I could have asked for.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default !!

Likely I will be there most Saturdays, so we'll catch up soon enough. I believe I saw the maroon notch with the big block that you gents were discussing above at the show before I left. Wow that car was clean. Thanks for the compliments on the formula. It is not perfect but for an almost 20 year old car it is as clean as I could have asked for.
I haven't seen it yet with the wheels and exhaust..you must have worked quickly on getting that on there cause it wasn't that long ago I saw the ad for the car before you got it, and it was still all stock. Post up a pic or two of it!
Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Teching In

I haven't seen it yet with the wheels and exhaust..you must have worked quickly on getting that on there cause it wasn't that long ago I saw the ad for the car before you got it, and it was still all stock. Post up a pic or two of it!

These are the only decent shots I have so far. I do work quickly..unfortunately. This hobby is a sickness. The day I got the car my buddy said "you'll be in the 11's by august." In which I repliedwith: it is staying bone stock.. <- practicing restraint is easier said than done.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Teching In

You'll have to wait a bit longer. It says my post will need to be approved by a moderator. I'm assuming because of the pictures I attached.

Quick Reply: Rolling Meadows Cruise Nights - Fridays 5-8pm