Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I need new pads and rotors 07' V.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
I tried the autozone crap because they were easy to get, cheap and had a warranty. The rear rotor hats cracked alarmingly bad just from using the ebrake....junk
This is how both of my rear rotors look after about 4 or 5k miles,each side had 2 grooves in them for some reason now

Old 07-20-2017, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The front seem ok so far and still have alot of pad left, but thier noisy.
And im only running these autozone stuff cause they came with the car when i bought it, brand new , just werent installed so when the other brakes were goin out i put these on

Old 07-20-2017, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

I use Hawk Super Duty pads and Centric rotors on my Suburban and 4Runner with excellent results, now almost 50k on the old 'Burb's brakes, unheard of on OBS trucks. I used to use HPS on my Camaro and get 40k with great braking until death...but they did dust a lot. I've seen evidence that the HPS 5.0 is a meaningful improvement over the old HPS compound and will go with that. Example: Strano used to recommend HPS as a great street pad but now recommends HPS 5.0. There are lots of good brake compounds out there and Hawk is one of the 3 or 4 brands Sam Strano recommends...good enough for me. Know the tradeoffs between ceramic and composite compounds before breaking it down further.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Naf
I second skippin crossed drilled, absolute crap for nuttin,

I think centric is stoptech but like pampers and huggies, same product but one is a little more pricey
For the record, Pampers are complete trash of a diaper. 😅
Old 07-21-2017, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Never do cross drilled, weakens the structure and removes mass from the heatsinks/rotors. I'd consider slotted for a track car or low mileage car. Check the C7.R brakes FWIW. For a driver, high quality blanks are the way to go.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
If that Amazon deal is set up the same way it has been in the past, it'll only give you a discount on a single item ("Save 20% on 1 of 1 ACDelco brake parts..." is what it says when I hover over the promotional offer at the links above). When they did the discount last July, I ordered front and rear rotors - 4 items, 4 separate orders to get the discount on all 4.
I've got 2 ACDelco items in my cart now, and it's applying the discount to both, so I guess I either did something wrong last year, or they're applying the discount differently this year.

The 20% off ends at the end of the month, so get 'em while they're hot!

Quick Reply: I need new pads and rotors 07' V.