Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think that cutting fuel while under boost could hurt the engine because of lean cylinders. Or I would guess if fuel was totally cut it would be fine.
Looks like I better buy my spark plugs in bulk while tuning and learning.Anyway I'm looking forward to getting the manifold on so I can make the motor mounts and then the rest of the turbo install.
Aleck
Old 08-06-2017, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitech install still on pause for me

Originally Posted by customblackbird
MUL8N01... any updates on this?
Im very sorry for my untimely slow progress... and delayed response to inquiries as to my progress.

Due to time of year (gearing up for school, kids hm, etc), I have been unable to make time for myself to finish my pushrod length decision. Once that is completed and valve covers on, it's literally time to install FiTech intake etc and start plugging things in.

Aug 18 is back-to-school date... I'm ASSuming that the following Monday will be a full day work on completing pushrod task -

Tough to have such a full-on effort vehicle just sit in the dark under cover knowing how close it is to completion. I expect I'll have to farm a question or 3 to the masses seeking suggestions/advice/share-experiences... soon...!
Old 08-06-2017, 09:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkybutt
I would think that cutting fuel while under boost could hurt the engine because of lean cylinders. Or I would guess if fuel was totally cut it would be fine.
Looks like I better buy my spark plugs in bulk while tuning and learning.Anyway I'm looking forward to getting the manifold on so I can make the motor mounts and then the rest of the turbo install.
Aleck

If you've cut fuel to a cylinder, there is no fuel...so it is impossible for there to be a lean condition, as no combustion is even taking place because there is no fuel.

Cutting spark only...allows raw fuel to get dumped through the engine, into a hot exhaust, also potentially soaking the plug. So cutting spark is a less desirable option in a lot of cases
Old 08-17-2017, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Still in box and my first warranty claim

Well I got my Fitech Ultimate LS system 70013 same as the op. Opened the sealed box like a kid on Christmas morning. Lo and behold as I unpack the undamaged box I find that the main harness connector to the ECM is crushed. So am I.
Was like I found out there is no Santa Claus.
Nothing else inside the box or the box itself shows any sign of damage. So my guess is it was packaged this way. The plug on the harness was smashed so it had to be crushed between two things.
The good news is Fitech took care of the problem FAST. I got a new harness delivered to my door in less than a week. Consider that I live in Ontario Canada and that the part had to go thru customs.
I'm posting this to tell others about Fitech's excellent customer service. I was never given the run around. All that was asked of me was to send some pictures of the damage. I was treated like I am their biggest buyer.
Thank You Fitech for Great Fast customer service.
This is not a paid announcement .LOL.
Aleck
Old 08-17-2017, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

That's good to hear.

I just got my FItech self learning LS harness yesterday 70050 and I'm excited to put it on at some time either fall or winter. I'm also doing a NNBS intake and 92mm WARR TB so hopefully it has no issues tuning all that.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:48 AM
Teching In

My $995 system should be here on tuesday!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

^Im assuming you have the 70051 unit with trans control? If so, let us know what kind of options it has for the transmission control.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:13 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I was actually linked to this thread from a post in a thread I started over at Chevelles.

I received the 70051 stand alone system yesterday. It's very nice, complete and nothing damaged. It was in stock at Summit.

I don't think anybody in this thread mentioned it, this is a speed density system, no MAF.

The injector harnesses are for LS1 injectors. If you're using EV6 injectors, you'll need adapters or need to change the plugs.

The harness sections are too long, I'm sure most users will shorten everything up.

My twist is I'm installing this on my 496 big block, which has been outfitted with LS1 sensors.

I have a bunch of other things to do so it'll be a while before I actually fire this system up.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:21 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

I also don't think it was mentioned, the ECM will work with 24x or 58x crank sensors and 1x or 4x cam sensors. And you can mix them up. Example: 24x crank sensor and 4x cam sensor. It will work.

The harness has a LS1 cam sensor plug and an adapter harness with a LS3 cam sensor plug to hit a timing cover plug.

It has a LS1 knock sensor plug and an adapter harness that plugs into it for side mounted LS3 knock sensors. I suppose you can tell the system which knock sensor you're using.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

The LS1 (gen3) cam sensor is 12v while the LS3 (gen4) cam sensor is 5v. How does the adapter harness resolve that? On other EFI systems the cam wires need to be repinned.

Andrew
Old 08-25-2017, 07:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

If Fitech did their homework, they prob swapped the wires in the adapt. harness, be good to ck-I have heard of people using the +12 on the 5v ref, but no first hand knowledge of it.
Thanks Paul for the pic, it looks like you do get the trans plug in the kit, they made it sound like you needed to source a harness.
Now, someone needs a running car to test this, I am not near ready, lol
Old 08-25-2017, 08:13 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
The LS1 (gen3) cam sensor is 12v while the LS3 (gen4) cam sensor is 5v. How does the adapter harness resolve that?. Andrew
According to Mike Noonan's book about GM GenIII LS-Engines, Gen3 and Gen4 cam sensors (as well as Vortec distributor mounted 1x cam sensor, which I'm using), all get 12v reference from the PCM.

Originally Posted by forcd ind
If Fitech did their homework, they prob swapped the wires in the adapt harness...
No doubt the adapter harness locates the wires correctly in the LS3 plug.

Last edited by Paul Bell; 08-25-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:23 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

I'm also finding many companies and on ebay LS1/6 to LS3 cam adapter harnesses. They look to be just wires. Maybe they all put a resistor in the wiring? I'll peal open the one that came with my kit and have a look.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
The LS1 (gen3) cam sensor is 12v while the LS3 (gen4) cam sensor is 5v. How does the adapter harness resolve that? On other EFI systems the cam wires need to be repinned.

Andrew
Most hall type sensors dont really care too much about input voltage.

I'm using a front cover sensor and giving it 12v.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:27 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

FiTech cam sensor adapter harness. Just wires here folks. And it's REALLY long.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:27 AM
9 Second Club

Is that the way they supply it ?

terminated, all loose wires, no outer sheath etc ?

or do you terminate one end yourself ?
Old 08-26-2017, 06:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

I think he just rem the sheath to ck for a voltage reducer and A/C swap for LS1 to LS2 swap
Old 08-26-2017, 07:52 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

I removed the harness wrap for show & tell. Here it is.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:03 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

My harness is installed into my car. A few annoying things:

Most harnesses are way long. The IAC plug's cable was like four feet out from the main harness section. I'm hoping I can tell the ECM to swap o2 signals.

I installed my harness through the firewall next to the steering column. This places the passenger side o2 plug right there-and the driver's side o2 plug long enough to hit the passenger door. Opposite where I'd like them.

Just about every wire in the harness got re-worked by me. Solder, tape, shrink-all while standing in the engine bay. I need a drink!

Looking at other systems on the market, they all seem to include a wiring schematic in their instructions. Not so with FiTech. I hope they offer it if asked.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:07 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Two cables hanging down on the left are electric water pump feed and the plug for a crank sensor, I damper mounted a 24x crank ring.

Cables on the right are power & plug for an AD244 alternator.

Quick Reply: Maybe FiTech learned LS engines matter? :)