Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Goertz1 Sheet Metal Intake Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not even sure why I care lol, this witch hunt is just ridiculous. No one is making products of this quality, at this price point, and custom tailored to your desires. Dyno results arent going to be that helpful considering it's tailored to that engine not yours... You get what you see... don't like it? Don't buy it. Sitting here and bashing someone who is trying to design beautiful intakes that function well and are at a decent price point because he won't do an intake manifold shoot out for you? And you wonder why things are stale... he's got plenty of pics of his **** on beautiful cars and not fairmonts with slapped together. If you don't have a $7k+engine combo you probably aren't the target demographic for this intake. Nothing wrong with cheap builds that go fast, but don't **** on someone designing high end parts.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

Last edited by g1pro; 10-27-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:55 PM
FormerVendor

1320.com out at The Texas Mile this weekend liked my build enough to feature the Boostworks car I built.

Things I've built and designed on this car:
Custom Air Water Intercooler for 2500-2700hp (they are aiming for 2k at ground through th400)

Custom single side, oem fill 9gal fuel cell, twin magnafuel pump where other saddlebag tank would be

Custom Turbo kit (manifolds were already done, I did downpipes, dumps)

Custom radiator setup, water resivor, and belly pan

I'll be out at the Mile tomorrow wearing my G1Pro at loud and proud with the American Flag cause that's how us Infantry guys do. Feel free to say hello
Old 10-28-2017, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cue cricket noises. "We still want data sheets because you can't trust industry leaders" I'm waiting for someone to spout some crap about test results. Knowing they aren't going to get them, even if they did they are cheap and still won't spend the money, and boost works endorsement isn't good enough... lul
Old 10-28-2017, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by g1pro
Good God, those back tires get my heart racing while giving me a half chub.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

No fancy edited videos yet, just raw videos I got today

the run was their second run for today, 35psi boost (going to run it up to 45psi boost)

Old 10-29-2017, 12:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I think it's safe to say there's some evidence he knows what he's doing
Old 10-29-2017, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are you sponsoring and pushing these parts so hard on a couple LS sites if they are selling so good from word of mouth.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Chris Nichols of GeForce 1320 Axles knows what's up and getting one of my first tall deck intake for his 7sec car
Old 10-29-2017, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Manifold is on a turbo car that ran 241mph. Tests complete.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Manifold is on a turbo car that ran 241mph. Tests complete.
First run today

First run of the day
Old 10-29-2017, 03:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

So for those who got units early on for testing, and modifications were made based on their reports...Has there been any tests ?

No tests, no reports back. Although some design changes were made. So that was just fitment issues rather than anything to do with engine performance ?

Some guys say tests wont be valid because the units are custom made to each setup....but how can one know what might be best for that setup without some tests ? That isnt a chicken and egg scenario. It's very clear testing does need done to gather such data.

As for a car hitting a big trap speed....lets face it, plenty have done amazing things with factory intakes. Of course they dont look as pretty but they are also US made. But in no way, shape or form is this any evidence of "the ultimate data"....in part it as it wasnt even an LS motor !

There were quotes of "expect huge mid range power whilst still holding to 7k" mentioned...
Sounds fantastic I absolutely want that myself and if I seen such evidence..my order would be in...so has that claim been proven ? Isnt that what most users want ?

You claimed lots of shops can do testing for you ? So have any tests at all been done ?

Is it so much to ask ? when so many have already been sold....surely some of those buyers did some testing and can report back ?
Old 10-29-2017, 03:27 PM
FormerVendor

Show me a car that weighs over 4500 with driver making over 2k whp through a th400 running a stock plastic intake mani. ..

We're 8 mph from world record held by m2k with a million dollar budget developed by "top" engineers... Ohh and we still have more boost to feed it
Old 10-29-2017, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by g1pro
Show me a car that weighs over 4500 with driver making over 2k whp through a th400 running a stock plastic intake mani. ..

We're 8 mph from world record held by m2k with a million dollar budget developed by "top" engineers... Ohh and we still have more boost to feed it

And does that apply to 90% of the users here ? Where you claim these intakes can see huge mid range gains etc etc etc ?

Does that Ford motor even run much below 7k ?? Would a dozen other intakes allow the same car to perform ? Undoubtedly.

Again I'm not knocking the product, what you do looks fantastic.

But how does it translate to the real world, to the users in say the 800-1500hp range that are still street cars ? To those that need low hood clearance, which typically means a huge loss in the normal rpm ranges LS motors live...ie below 7k
And for those who can stretch that hood clearance a little...how much will they gain with some longer runners both mid and top ? etc etc
Old 10-29-2017, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

There's no crickets....the silence comes from those who know we're obviously not going to get whats been asked for so no point in propagating the thread.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

You'd be hard pressed to find many composite manifolds that will live at 45psi. I believe it was Bob at brute speed that said these ls1 and ls6 intake manifolds are over 15 years old. They show signs of fatigue and failure is more prevalent.

You mentioned street cars not having the space for these. That's true, but these are full race manifolds. Just like how you can't really put a big *** blower on a 4th gen. It just doesn't fit. You run with what you can get in and make your decisions whether you're willing to cut **** up to make it fit or leave it looking stock.

As as far as runner lengths go being an impact. There are quite a few intake manifolds that you can base your decision off. Look at the mid rise and high rise Holleys. This intake manifold will behave similar in comparison to the corresponding runner length in other intake manifolds. His products are beautiful and well made, but he didn't reinvent the wheel lol. Long runners will act like they do on every other manifold.

Lastly the bad *** part is some of the extra stuff he makes available for these. Holley will not tap those intake manifolds for a second set of injectors. He will. It's these little bonuses that set him apart from others.

Although I'm turbo so it doesn't apply to me, but since you do leave options for secondary fuel injectors. Do you have an option fto tap these for direct port nitrous set ups?
Old 10-29-2017, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by silvea
You'd be hard pressed to find many composite manifolds that will live at 45psi. I believe it was Bob at brute speed that said these ls1 and ls6 intake manifolds are over 15 years old. They show signs of fatigue and failure is more prevalent.

You mentioned street cars not having the space for these. That's true, but these are full race manifolds. Just like how you can't really put a big *** blower on a 4th gen. It just doesn't fit. You run with what you can get in and make your decisions whether you're willing to cut **** up to make it fit or leave it looking stock.

As as far as runner lengths go being an impact. There are quite a few intake manifolds that you can base your decision off. Look at the mid rise and high rise Holleys. This intake manifold will behave similar in comparison to the corresponding runner length in other intake manifolds. His products are beautiful and well made, but he didn't reinvent the wheel lol. Long runners will act like they do on every other manifold.

Lastly the bad *** part is some of the extra stuff he makes available for these. Holley will not tap those intake manifolds for a second set of injectors. He will. It's these little bonuses that set him apart from others.

Although I'm turbo so it doesn't apply to me, but since you do leave options for secondary fuel injectors. Do you have an option fto tap these for direct port nitrous set ups?
Runner length that is sorta correct,

most companies choose to use a tapered runner because "that is the right way to do it"

Says who I ask?

so long as the runners csa isn't smaller than the port on at the head and so long as the bellmouth entrance csa into the runner is at least 10% greater than the csa of the port you will not run into a cfm bottleneck of the runner.

All a tapered runner does is make it more of a pita to tune for rpm, how it is more of a pita is depending on the taper of the runner and such it can make a 6" runner respond like a 2" runner. Now this is cool and all when in a plastic plenum that has virtually zero volume to it and it is all crisscross going on staying under the hood but how about when we actually want to make peak ve at a certain area and then use a large enough plenum to sustain that trq into the higher rpms? Well now we are using a 8" runner because it is tapered and trying to get it to respond like a 6" runner while having a 1x or 1.5x plenum:displacement volume and next thing you know we have an intake that is 15" from the valley plate.... This doesn't do **** to fit under a hood.

However, lets try a new scenario, use a straight runner with a nice radiuses vstack entrance that is 10% greater than csa of the runner, we keep cfm up with zero losses and now we can use a runner roughly 2" shorter to create the same powerband. It becomes much better for packaging in "street" cars.

I'm sorry I am not marketing something direct to the 400-800whp range, I never have and never really will. Why? MSD, ICT Billet, Fast, etc are all viable options in this hp zone and at $400-800 I have no money to make. My most basic sheet metal manifolds cost more than that in materials alone between laser shop, cnc shop, shipping, cc fees coming out etc. So your telling me I need to work 8-10 hours to make a shitty 100$ to make the lower hp community happy? I'm sorry but I rather go flip burgers than that.

As far as adding direct port no2 or meth injection bungs I charge $150 for that so no problem there
Old 10-29-2017, 10:28 PM
FormerVendor

ohh an update on the mile car
2 out of 3 records set.
The percision 74mm billet turbos are fully maxed out here at 45lbs of boost. Time to go bigger turbos, somewhere around 2000-2200whp at ground through a th400 on a 5.0l zipping to 9100rpm
Old 10-30-2017, 01:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thank for your response. Especially when it came to explaining the runners. Super interesting and I learned a bit. Obviously there is much more to the topic than 2 paragraphs so I still have more to learn, but I have a good start.

I figured you could do the N20 bungs was just curious.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

For you guys trying to limit your engine speeds in good builds to 6-7k rpm.......why? Stop being scared of spinning that mf'r.

Your intakes look great man. Glad you found your niche.

Quick Reply: Goertz1 Sheet Metal Intake Manifolds