Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

First 1000hp 6th Gen ZL1!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default First 1000hp 6th Gen ZL1!!!

It’s always fun when a new platform gets released from GM and the 6th gen ZL1 was no exception to this. We received a phone call from a long time customer that we have built several vehicles for in the past including a 600rwhp Z/28 Camaro, 1,400rwhp twin turbo C6 Z06, and a 750rwhp C7 Z06 stating that he had just taken delivery of his 2017 Camaro ZL1 with the new 10spd Auto. Being no stranger to horsepower, this customer requested a build package that would not only drive and perform well on the street, but also crest the 1,000rwhp mark with ease and become an Exorcist slayer. At the time, our R&D ZL1 was at Procharger to develop the first ever F1A-94 system with air to water intercooler for this platform, so we went ahead and placed an order on a 2nd kit to be installed on this vehicle. For this 1,000+rwhp combination, we opted for the following:

• Procharger F1A-94 Supercharger system with Air to Water intercooler setup
• Vengeance Racing Stage II camshaft kit
• Vengeance Racing CNC Ported LT4 Cylinder Heads
• Vengeance Racing Engraved Valve Covers
• Vengeance Racing Auxiliary Fuel System
• Late Model Engines Billet Intake Manifold
• Kooks 2” Longtube Header System w/ Full exhaust
• Alkycontrol Dual Nozzle Methanol Injection System
• Moroso Catch Can
• BMR Lowering Springs
• Ecu Calibration on 93 octane, E85, and C16 race fuel
• Custom “VR1100” badging

Once everything was installed it was time for dyno and street tuning. With this combination our customers ZL1 made 852rwhp/685rwtq on 93 octane, 937rwhp/751rwtq on E85, and a final number of 1,046rwhp/785rwtq on C16 race fuel! This made our customer’s car the FIRST ever 1000+rwhp 6th Gen ZL1, and allowed us to deem this package the “VR1100”.

Dyno numbers are great but we wanted to know how this would translate on the street and track. We headed to Carolina Dragway for some testing. This combination with the ZL1 ran consistent 9.5’s @ over 152mph all while on factory 20” wheels with Mickey Thompson Drag radials. We unfortunately ran out of time at the end of the night on our session to push the car further, but this combination has now been proven to run solid 9.30’s at 153mph on the same setup with our R&D car with a bit more tweaking of the transmission tune.

There is a lot of room to push this setup further. Demons and Exorcists alike be careful! Vengeance Racing’s Turn Key VR1100 ZL1 is on the hunt. Head over to our website and check out this and all our builds @ https://vengeanceracing.net/index.html. In addition to awesome builds Vengeance Racing is your one stop shop for performance parts for LS and LT application. You can browse our online store and feel free to contact us via our live chat, phone or email. Be sure to Like, subscribe and follow us on social media:
Facebook @ Vengeance Racing
YouTube @ Ronatvengeance
Instagram @ Vengeance Racing

Old 12-14-2017, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Never get tired of hearing those new trannys shift , and who doesn't love a screeching procharger!

Could you elaborate more on the fuel system?(and put in layman's terms, no lol!)......

I see you have listed an "auxiliary fuel system" i always thought a (not apples to oranges i know) one the reasons newer diesels were so easily tunable was the direct injection and abillity to supply copious amounts of fuel to them with mere programming.

As far as the LT motors are concerned, it actually seems to be quite an obstacle, I've read that the new z-r1 has some sort of "duel fuel" setup as well, although can't find details on it yet.

Also, noticed no mention of meth use in the dyno runs?
Already kicked the habit? Or just a little something for the street?

Cool car.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cars nowadays are soo bad *** in general.

That car is sick.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by slocaddy
Never get tired of hearing those new trannys shift , and who doesn't love a screeching procharger!

Could you elaborate more on the fuel system?(and put in layman's terms, no lol!)......

I see you have listed an "auxiliary fuel system" i always thought a (not apples to oranges i know) one the reasons newer diesels were so easily tunable was the direct injection and abillity to supply copious amounts of fuel to them with mere programming.

As far as the LT motors are concerned, it actually seems to be quite an obstacle, I've read that the new z-r1 has some sort of "duel fuel" setup as well, although can't find details on it yet.

Also, noticed no mention of meth use in the dyno runs?
Already kicked the habit? Or just a little something for the street?

Cool car.
Yeah a bit different on the two setups. I would be more than happy to discuss it with you if you have any questions about our auxiliary fuel system and the cars current setup if you would like. Feel free to shoot me an email or give me or Robert a call @ 678-513-7105

Originally Posted by dburt86
Cars nowadays are soo bad *** in general.

That car is sick.

Thank you
Old 12-14-2017, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"We have exorcized the demons"
Old 12-14-2017, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

Def a bad azz ride, I want it.
Are you running a 6 or 8 rib belt, looks like maybe an 8 rib, how much boost would it hold. I do miss the Procharger whine, but I can hear the turbo some from inside, just not the same, lol.
Congrats on a great build
Old 12-15-2017, 07:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by forcd ind
Def a bad azz ride, I want it.
Are you running a 6 or 8 rib belt, looks like maybe an 8 rib, how much boost would it hold. I do miss the Procharger whine, but I can hear the turbo some from inside, just not the same, lol.
Congrats on a great build
Thank you! This is an 8-rib setup making 20psi on race fuel with the F1A-94.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default More info

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
Thank you! This is an 8-rib setup making 20psi on race fuel with the F1A-94.
Is the F1A maxed out? What kind of power do it make on E85 ? Can it do 20psi on E85 ? I might wanna put this setup on my C7 Z06 is this possible?

Last edited by Prowler; 12-15-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Z06 ?
Old 12-15-2017, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

The exorcist is priced out at roughly $55k on top of the price of the car. What is the V1100 options gonna be?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by epfatboy
The exorcist is priced out at roughly $55k on top of the price of the car. What is the V1100 options gonna be?
our VR1100 package is WELL under the price of the exorcist. If your are interested feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email.
678-513-7105 or David@VengeanceRacing.net

- David @ Vengeance
Old 12-18-2017, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats. What gear is it in when it crosses the line? What was the tachometer doing in the video? Looks like it was bouncing around after 4th gear?