Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1
Fyi the kits come with a china made bosch 3bar map. I already had the gm 12592525 so I compared the two, 99kpa with key on engine off for bosch, gm 110kpa. Youd have to rescale to run the gm

The screw in fast brand iat sensor I used reads correctly , didn't have to rescale to get it reading correct ambient
I didn't order the complete manifold kit....just the standalone 795.00 no trans control ls system ,I don't know what sensors are included or what it calls for.....Blackbird has been a great help thus far...got my iat situated, and a couple of map sensor options...I know I'm forgetting something. ...
Old 03-14-2018, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fyi the kits come with a china made bosch 3bar map. I already had the gm 12592525 so I compared the two, 99kpa with key on engine off for bosch, gm 110kpa. Youd have to rescale to run the gm

The screw in fast brand iat sensor I used reads correctly , didn't have to rescale to get it reading correct ambient
where did you mount the screw in type, cai tube?
Old 03-14-2018, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id run the fitech supplied map and sell that gm one, mine is for sale also. The fitech map is already scaled correctly. The gm will work but will take tuning. Sorta like the bosch wideband sensor everyone says will "work" but has less sampling holes then the fitech sensor. Prob no biggie on a single wideband setup but with dual widebands I can't see how it wouldn't throw things off some. Was a gm tech for a couple decades the bosch looks like a after cat sensor to me.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dawgs74
I didn't order the complete manifold kit....just the standalone 795.00 no trans control ls system ,I don't know what sensors are included or what it calls for.....Blackbird has been a great help thus far...got my iat situated, and a couple of map sensor options...I know I'm forgetting something. ...
Jonathon has been a huge help to me also 👍 I'm running a 70050 kit

where did you mount the screw in type, fcai tube?
My vic jr has a 3/8npt hole on a intake runner for vacuum brakes I assume, I stuck it there to read iat going into #8. I know most guys go pre throttlebody but I wanted to see what the valves saw
Old 03-14-2018, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Jonathon has been a huge help to me also 👍 I'm running a 70050 kit

My vic jr has a 3/8npt hole on a intake runner for vacuum brakes I assume, I stuck it there to read iat going into #8. I know most guys go pre throttlebody but I wanted to see what the valves saw
so the 70050 kit comes with a map sensor also? I seen where you put the one for your vic Jr setup I'd planned on that intake setup for my 370" build that my valvesprings just came in for...that's the main reason why I went towards the fitech. ....I just wanna answer a couple of questions when I swap out my 5.3 ,not have to hunt down a tuner to reprogram my ecu and all the other b/s. I don't even own a laptop. ....I like it that way......what kinda intake elbow Didya use does it have map sensor provision like holley one on back?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so the 70050 kit comes with a map sensor also? I seen where you put the one for your vic Jr setup I'd planned on that intake setup for my 370" build that my valvesprings just came in for...that's the main reason why I went towards the fitech. ....I just wanna answer a couple of questions when I swap out my 5.3 ,not have to hunt down a tuner to reprogram my ecu and all the other b/s. I don't even own a laptop. ....I like it that way......what kinda intake elbow Didya use does it have map sensor provision like holley one on back?
the IAT sensor been doing ok in the #8 runner.....I just gotta get ta elbow for that intake
Old 03-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Yes sir it comes with a bosch map sensor, it's just not the good bosch factory like the gm sensor built in Germany, vs the fitech china bosch. Scratch what I said about selling the gm, more I got to thinking about selling mine the more I recalled pix of blown apart cheap map sensors�� I'll throw mine in my toolbox for now just in case it blows apart at 25lbs

I hard mounted mine to intake, you can see the gm one mounted below carb flange. Im using the edelbrock 90* elbow, 3849 maybe? Ict billet 4hole to 3hole tb adapter to run a truck tb I coated and ported.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Looks like spring is finally coming to southern Okla so Saturday I'm dragging the boat out to hook it up to hose, let motor run for a hour or so , set iac perfect then work on fast accel alil. New boat cover made it in , so I'll cover boat from Saturday on with a oldschool droplight under the cover for warmth just in case(shop is propane heated, limited supply). Would suck to crack a block at this point before summer lol.
better pic of the voodoo, I'm just venting tops of gates. It prevents any signal making it to lower gates till the spring pressure is overcome like any checkvalve style mbc. The 38mm gates have 16lb springs in them and when I air checked them for leaks/consistency they open fully with 24psi in lower, add back pressure on valve face
and they'll be opening around 13-14lbs of boost if I sent them straight boost signal. I'll get 16-25lbs adjustability setup like this. Jus works what for me in a dragboat needing spool asap
Old 03-15-2018, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts

the IAT sensor been doing ok in the #8 runner.....I just gotta get ta elbow for that intake
the bosch will work but it reads alittle high for some reason. I was able to fix mine by increasing the neg offset with a laptop. My kit was the early versions and didn’t come with the bosch MAP so I didn’t have a choice. Other than the map and. IAT you don’t need anything sensor wise. As long as your Engine has all the sensors your good. It will reuse your coolant, cam, crank. You won’t have oil pressure or oil level sensors so you will need aftermarket gauge for oil and an idiot light for level if u want it. I got an adapter plug and used an oil temp sensor in the pan there.

If your not running boost then you don’t really need a laptop. If u boosted I would say you should have one.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like spring is finally coming to southern Okla so Saturday I'm dragging the boat out to hook it up to hose, let motor run for a hour or so , set iac perfect then work on fast accel alil. New boat cover made it in , so I'll cover boat from Saturday on with a oldschool droplight under the cover for warmth just in case(shop is propane heated, limited supply). Would suck to crack a block at this point before summer lol.
better pic of the voodoo, I'm just venting tops of gates. It prevents any signal making it to lower gates till the spring pressure is overcome like any checkvalve style mbc. The 38mm gates have 16lb springs in them and when I air checked them for leaks/consistency they open fully with 24psi in lower, add back pressure on valve face
and they'll be opening around 13-14lbs of boost if I sent them straight boost signal. I'll get 16-25lbs adjustability setup like this. Jus works what for me in a dragboat needing spool asap

interesting. I’m going to have to get one and test it out. Dunno how I would put pressure on the valve tho. I run the 60mm version.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by customblackbird

the bosch will work but it reads alittle high for some reason. I was able to fix mine by increasing the neg offset with a laptop. My kit was the early versions and didn’t come with the bosch MAP so I didn’t have a choice. Other than the map and. IAT you don’t need anything sensor wise. As long as your Engine has all the sensors your good. It will reuse your coolant, cam, crank. You won’t have oil pressure or oil level sensors so you will need aftermarket gauge for oil and an idiot light for level if u want it. I got an adapter plug and used an oil temp sensor in the pan there.

If your not running boost then you don’t really need a laptop. If u boosted I would say you should have one.
yes my IAC sensors came today, I just got done modified the plastic one to fit the purge port and I found an ls1 to ls3 adaptor block for map sensor ,now I don't have to ream out the hole for the bigger ls3/9 map sensor it will just piggyback off of stock location
Old 03-15-2018, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes my IAC sensors came today, I just got done modified the plastic one to fit the purge port and I found an ls1 to ls3 adaptor block for map sensor ,now I don't have to ream out the hole for the bigger ls3/9 map sensor it will just piggyback off of stock location
meant to say IAT sensor opps
Old 03-15-2018, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just saw that LS3 to LS3 Sensor adapter on eBay today actually. Wouldn’t work on a truck Intake bc the sensors are on top of the intake but should do fine on the cars I guess.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just saw that LS3 to LS3 Sensor adapter on eBay today actually. Wouldn’t work on a truck Intake bc the sensors are on top of the intake but should do fine on the cars I guess.
we shall find out , I've got many map options now...lol,its just gonna stick a lil high but should still fit under the vortec cover
Old 03-15-2018, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

we shall find out , I've got many map options now...lol,its just gonna stick a lil high but should still fit under the vortec cover

Iat sensor went in like butter.......hopefully that adapter will too,i should be able to fabricate some type of lock tab bracket but without any boost i think the o-ring should keep it sum what snug.....worse come to worse i can always ream out the hole....i have a sheet metal intake im gonna put one once i get it going plus i have anothet truck intake if i destroy this one ...so we should be fine!!!!
Old 03-15-2018, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Iat sensor went in like butter.......hopefully that adapter will too,i should be able to fabricate some type of lock tab bracket but without any boost i think the o-ring should keep it sum what snug.....worse come to worse i can always ream out the hole....i have a sheet metal intake im gonna put one once i get it going plus i have anothet truck intake if i destroy this one ...so we should be fine!!!!
I hope I don't have to get a coil harness extension because of this truck intake ,im sure they designed it for a shorter car intake, anybody care to confirm this?
Old 03-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Launching!

interesting. I’m going to have to get one and test it out. Dunno how I would put pressure on the valve tho. I run the 60mm version.
I've ran the wyntonm 60 before on a single s480 deal with same controller and it worked pretty good between comp housing and gate. I've been told manifold referencing is more consistent on these types of mbc so I'm gna try it. the gates hold pressure great and have no guide pressure loss like every other cheap gate out there
Old 03-16-2018, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my 70051 in today from Jegs. Very impressed. Either I have low standards or they have upped their game. Mine didn't come with convoluted tubing...It came with abrasion resistant sheathing and has a heat resistant sleeve over the oxygen sensor leads and a few others. Seems heavy duty with nice connectors. Mine also came with a good set of instructions with pics. I decided to purchase this last week after a gentle man at work brought over his 66 Chevy truck with one on a cammed, bolted, 5.3. I helped him sort it out kinda.........I've never messed with Fitech before......and was impressed with it. For the money....I don't think it can be beat.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WTF?
I got my 70051 in today from Jegs. Very impressed. Either I have low standards or they have upped their game. Mine didn't come with convoluted tubing...It came with abrasion resistant sheathing and has a heat resistant sleeve over the oxygen sensor leads and a few others. Seems heavy duty with nice connectors. Mine also came with a good set of instructions with pics. I decided to purchase this last week after a gentle man at work brought over his 66 Chevy truck with one on a cammed, bolted, 5.3. I helped him sort it out kinda.........I've never messed with Fitech before......and was impressed with it. For the money....I don't think it can be beat.
do u know what day u ordered it I ordered mine on Tuesday, 3 days ago..they said it be here on 23rd....seems like yours was quicker....
Old 03-16-2018, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Isn’t the 70050 supposed to support nitrous?

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051