Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Air Filter for Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by George Bryce View Post
I have found that more vacuum makes more power.
Some is better than none.
Big heavy stock rings will come loose from the land on the ring groove.
Inertia is the cause. Big vacuum will keep the ring sealed at higher RPM, than without pump.
If you pick up 20 hp at 7000, you may make 20 more at 8000.
A vacuum pump is worth a tenth minimum.
How high do you rev on the dyno? Most stop right past peak power.
On the race track we spin it higher than the dyno.
Why does your engine peak where it does? Cam too small? Valves lose control? Rings come loose?
My engines run leaner with 25 inches than it does with 5 inches.
The power gained with a vacuum pump gets better the more you rev the engine.
Try a blow by meter...simple cheap ones have ball bearing in a clear tube...run the engine and watch the ball go up LOL.
Then run a vacuum pump and watch the ball stay seated. All most of the time the HP peaks when the ball starts jumping.
That is when the pump really helps.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...2&postcount=76

Let me know if you ever find one piece of supporting data for your position. As you can see, I have miles to choose from for mine.

BTW any jackass can get a degree and go online and pretend to be a big shot to impress other men.
Great plan if thats what you want, more men. At least I go through the trouble of making sure they are not attracted to me.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no position other than the fact you stole brain cells from me and that your illustrations are hilarious, and have nothing to do with this thread. Wasn't this about air filters?

Keep the high school trig unit circle illustrations coming. **** is priceless
Old 03-22-2018, 08:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by truckdoug
Ya thats where I got it from ha ha ha. Forgot he said "may god have mercy on your soul" lmfao
Old 03-22-2018, 08:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roastin240
I have no position other than the fact you stole brain cells from me and that your illustrations are hilarious, and have nothing to do with this thread. Wasn't this about air filters?

You must have missed it. crankcase pressure at WOT is related to air filter pressure drop on factory PCV systems... All of them.

I didn't learn that in school. It is something you naturally come upon after years of tuning and engine experience.
that picture is a representation of what happens when you disconnect the OEM pcv stages VS having it, and also how ring tension is role played into vacuum pump situations. Specifically for the factory side: By not using numbers and only specifying a specific range (80KPA to ~105KPA) I am able to include every factory PCV system since they will all fall into these ranges both with and without PCV attached as shown.

Depends on how fast you learn, too.

Last edited by kingtal0n; 03-22-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,743 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
BTW any jackass can get a degree and go online and pretend to be a big shot to impress other men.
Great plan if thats what you want, more men.

CONFIRMED
Old 03-22-2018, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ddnspider

CONFIRMED
So let me get this straight.

I spend 10 years here and never say a word about having a degree. Never throw it in anyones face. Even you tell me you have two degrees, trying to impress me or whatever. And still I say nothing.

Some other guy comes along finally and uses his degree to "prove" me wrong (like saying he is better or more knowledgable because he has one) and people start to agree, I get hammer down because somebody with an MS is obviously smarter than I am.

So to defend myself I am forced to post identical degree. I still do not mention PhD or any other degree or M.D., MCAT score, nothing. Still being humble as possible. When I was just defending my position. Which is absolutely correct by the way, as a complete side note as if it doesn't even matter that what I presented IS accurate and does NOT deserve to be disparaged just because random MS comes along and wants to get popular on an internet forum with other men (GEE WHo would want that?)

And now you think I am the jackass here.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roastin240

It isn't high school. Crayons, and nontoxic paints you can chew. its kindergarten.

Hi, I am 3, nice to meet you all.

Ok think I am done here for now if you need me PM me, thanks for playing and enjoy the rest of ur stay

This thread has potential keep it going

Last edited by kingtal0n; 03-22-2018 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

I spend 10 years here and never say a word about having a degree. Never throw it in anyones face. Even you tell me you have two degrees, trying to impress me or whatever. And still I say nothing.

Some other guy comes along finally and uses his degree to "prove" me wrong (like saying he is better or more knowledgable because he has one) and people start to agree, I get hammer down because somebody with an MS is obviously smarter than I am.

So to defend myself I am forced to post identical degree. I still do not mention PhD or any other degree or M.D., MCAT score, nothing. Still being humble as possible. When I was just defending my position. Which is absolutely correct by the way, as a complete side note as if it doesn't even matter that what I presented IS accurate and does NOT deserve to be disparaged just because random MS comes along and wants to get popular on an internet forum with other men (GEE WHo would want that?)

Dont play innocent. You come into every thread and post tons of random stuff that has little IF ANy relivence and have these ridiculously lengthy posts and insist on writing a novel when a couple sentences suffice. You derail threads constantly.

I even tried to kindly pm you and give you some tips for posting on a public forum but you insist on being a stubborn arrogent know it all without actually knowing it all.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

I didnt even read all of that. Lost me into the 2nd sentence.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

As you said, having a degree doesn't mean your smart. It clearly shows that it doesnt mean you can regurgitate the information effectively ha ha

Old 03-22-2018, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

it was all fun and memes until he busted out the goddamn jackson pollack fan shround
Old 03-22-2018, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 03-22-2018, 11:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Me waiting to see kingtalons track videos.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 524 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by truckdoug
OMG I'm ****** dying right now lolololol!
That multi-colored fan shroud and pretty flower on the fuse box lid though lol!
**** me Freddy I've seen it all now, this is the best thread I've seen on here for a while.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 524 Likes on 407 Posts

Look Kingtalon, I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't have anything against you but this is where you go wrong.
I'm a dumb mechanic, I fix **** and build cars.
I like most others in here am not interested in the theory of how something works because from experience I find that real world results are often times different.
Let alone the fact I can't understand what your saying nor have the time or energy to try and understand.
I literally just scroll past your posts because they are so long and overly complex.
Your immediate response is crazy equations and it comes across like your overly eager to prove how smart you are and in this arena its the guys who have been there, broke that who hold sway.
Keep it short and sweet bud and if someone asks about the theory behind the problem then by all means chime in, otherwise your preaching to an empty room.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

After thousands of hours of finite element, design testing, computer simulations of tracks and a million other tasks... The suspension on a race car is adjusted based on whatever follows the question,, "How does it feel" ....
Old 03-23-2018, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
I'm planning on hitting the track tomorrow. If I can get in more than like 2 passes I plan on pulling the filter on a pass so I can compare at least MPH. If I get to do it I will report back good or bad.
Be interesting I am sure. Make sure to give the dimensions of your filter also.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Be interesting I am sure. Make sure to give the dimensions of your filter also.
BIG lol. The overall filter is about 12" with a 4" opening. The filter element itself is 9" long and is off the Procharger elbow facing down and towards the driver wheel so its picking up decently cool air.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Elbow probably hurts more than the filter lol
Old 03-23-2018, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Elbow probably hurts more than the filter lol
Maybe, but everyone keeps says the filter and elbow will straighten the airflow which outweighs the restriction so lets see what happens.