Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Those are the early Truck mini timer injectors. You could have gotten adapters for less than $20.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgs74
Back to summit it goes.......i wrote on the packing list what items needed to be addressed hopefully they get it right!!!!

I hope so.....but I did not know of this injector talk you speak of .....it old 2001....heres a pic Yea they are small.....
do you know where I can find ev1 adapters for these
Old 03-30-2018, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

FWIW if my injector talk scares u... prob not a good idea that you do the install.

However the FItech harness does not come with mini timer injector harness. So you **** out of luck without adapters. Or get new injectors.

Also you must be mistaken about the MaP sensor. They are all 3 pin. LS1 and LS3 are all 3 pin.

See my pics below.

FItech 3 bar map I just got in the mail today.
3 pins
FItech harness to 02 sensor adapter, this is for the pass side 2nd 02 connector on the mail harness. Far yellow plug plugs into the main harness connector. The rounded one closer is what plugs into the bosch 02.
U can see the label, this is the EV6 injector sub harness. Orange and grey detusch connector plugs into main harness and you can see the injector plugs on the end. My kit comes with EV6 and EV1 sub harnesses.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you know where I can find ev1 adapters for these
sure look on eBay
Old 03-30-2018, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by customblackbird

sure look on eBay
found them, and sorry you were right map sensor has 3 prongs. Same thing as one in your pic......exactly. ...but I was wondering if this comes with obd2 port and s.e.s light.....also I see no iat plug.....
Old 03-30-2018, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nope. Just got one. Same as my GM acdelco and it’s much larger. You have to drill the stock hole out to like .500”.
This is a ford 5.0 map sensor notice the plug....
If i didn't know any better id say this plug was for a ford....
Old 03-30-2018, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

found them, and sorry you were right map sensor has 3 prongs. Same thing as one in your pic......exactly. ...but I was wondering if this comes with obd2 port and s.e.s light.....also I see no iat plug.....
no obd2 port, no SES light. It uses a unique proprietary system so all info and codes are sent through the 3.5mm plug to the handheld which is what it is used for code reading and clearing. There is no way to make it into a ObD2 port. Would be nice as then I could set up a normal scanner for datalogging. There should be a IAT plug, but you will
beed an IAT sensor.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

no obd2 port, no SES light. It uses a unique proprietary system so all info and codes are sent through the 3.5mm plug to the handheld which is what it is used for code reading and clearing. There is no way to make it into a ObD2 port. Would be nice as then I could set up a normal scanner for datalogging. There should be a IAT plug, but you will
beed an IAT sensor.
yes I'm aware of the iat sensor, i had bought both styles,I'm running the plastic one in the purge port but I also noticed there was no iat sensor plug..I got a Friday afternoon harness when I wanted a wensday morning piece....they buried the plugs for ev1 to ev6 harness I didn't see where..and I can't feel the plugs in the loom and the map sensor plug is wrong too....I don't wanna cut the harness and void my warranty so I guess I just gotta wait it out.....again!
Old 03-31-2018, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FWIW if my injector talk scares u... prob not a good idea that you do the install.

However the FItech harness does not come with mini timer injector harness. So you **** out of luck without adapters. Or get new injectors.

Also you must be mistaken about the MaP sensor. They are all 3 pin. LS1 and LS3 are all 3 pin.

See my pics below.

FItech 3 bar map I just got in the mail today.
3 pins
FItech harness to 02 sensor adapter, this is for the pass side 2nd 02 connector on the mail harness. Far yellow plug plugs into the main harness connector. The rounded one closer is what plugs into the bosch 02.
U can see the label, this is the EV6 injector sub harness. Orange and grey detusch connector plugs into main harness and you can see the injector plugs on the end. My kit comes with EV6 and EV1 sub harnesses.
mine didn't have an additional o2 connector, just one that goes with the 1 o2 sensor that came with it....was it supposed to come with a.f.r sensor or is that built into the supplied o2 sensor?
Old 03-31-2018, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It only comes with one o2 sensor. No a.f.r sensor
Old 04-02-2018, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

A.F.R is not a sensor... it stands for AIR FUEL RATIO! They are just abbreviating/saying its the place for the WB02 sensor.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

mine didn't have an additional o2 connector, just one that goes with the 1 o2 sensor that came with it....was it supposed to come with a.f.r sensor or is that built into the supplied o2 sensor?
If you look at the pics you commented on that I uploaded... the 02 sensor harness for the 2nd 02 uses a different plug and then an included sub harness converts the harness plug to the bosch 02 plug. I even took a pic of the sub harness for you.

A.F.R stands for AIR FUEL RATIO... AKA 02 sensor. They are just abbreviating.

I think your muddying up this thread and should prob start your own thread so we can keep the "basic" questions to a minimum. Most have been covered by this point.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got my mini timer adapters. ....thankx for the minitimer injector knowledge blackbird.......1 step closer.......
Old 04-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought the 70051 harness for a LQ4 swap i'm having done. Using a Edelbrock ProFlow intake and Holley Sniper TB with the IAC control motor upgrade on a fresh built motor.
Got it all installed and tried to fire it up and it didn't sound good. Sounded like it was hitting on 4 cylinders and throwing codes for the IAC. The MAP sensor that came with the harness checks back to a 05 Cadillac V6. The IAC was throwing a code instantly.
The guys doing the swap and wiring called Fitech and was told that they have had problems with their harnesses on Holley TB's.
The map sensor, TB and harness was swapped out to original and the engine fired right up and ran fine.
Anyone have any ideas why the Sniper throttle body would cause problems and what that Map sensor would do. We have ordered the GM#12592525 MAP and it's on the way.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmracing
Kirk @ Fitech EFI <kirk@fitechefi.com>

Fri 9/1, 2:52 PM

Hi

Try reloading the default software,Let me know what you find out.

Resetting to a stock calibration:

From the main menu go to the very bottom and select Write Cal To ECU. Once in this menu scroll down to the second to last selection, it should say Default v8 T195. Once on this file select it and it will download to 100 percent. After this is done it will revert to the main menu. Now go to Go EFI Initial Setup, then Engine Setup, now input all of the parameters that are needed for your application, making sure to save each one individually.

After you have entered your information and saved it go up and select Dash Board. Once in dashboard turn the ignition key off and wait for all the data to black out. Once this happens turn the ignition key to the on positon and start the car.

---
Thanks

Kirk Spiger

Tech Support

FiTech Fuel Injection
is there a specific way to wire the cooling fan....
Old 04-11-2018, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is there a specific way to wire the cooling fan....
can't seem yo get the fan to come on....is it normally grounded or does ecu send ground signal.....
Old 04-11-2018, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

can't seem yo get the fan to come on....is it normally grounded or does ecu send ground signal.....
If I remember correctly Ecu activates it by ground
Old 04-11-2018, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

http://fitechefi.com/faq/fan-settings/
Old 04-11-2018, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

As mentioned earlier the main harness has provisions for the passenger side O2 harness, you need to buy a sub harness @ 50.00 for the O2 sensor to plug into + a 2nd O2 sensor.http://www.oxygensensor-crossreferen...rt/bosch/17014

Here's a pic of the connecting plug.

What I find ridiculous is that FItech says you only need to run one O2 sensor, yeah right which side gets the nod. Yet when you buy the main harness with the trans controller you get the sub harness to run 2.
C'mon guys charge a few bucks more & supply both!
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051-_pass.-sensor-plug.jpg  
Old 04-12-2018, 03:58 AM
TECH Addict

I didn’t have to buy a sub harness to run the second o2. It came with the kit. Just had to buy the sensor

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the FItech 70050/70051