Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette filter/regulator AN adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Received 107 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Corvette filter/regulator AN adapter question

Getting really close to firing up the Hip-E-Van. I bought the AN adapters for the Corvette filter/regulator- the output side has play in it. I can push/pull it in/out about 3/8". It is locked in by the small tabs around the output shaft so it's not coming out. It just seems odd to me that there is so much play in it and I'm wondering how it seals like this.

Silver adapter between the regulator and the blue AN fitting. This is it pushed in.

This is it pulled out. Notice the difference in length. It also wiggles side to side a bit.

Anyone have these adapters? And is this correct?. There's really nothing I could do wrong- it just pushes in.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Default OEM fuel lines

First time I used one was on a '94 LT1 and thought it would act like a Rainbird when the system was pressurized. That didn't happen! Yes, there is play and I have never had one leak. Like them so much I now use OEM nylon fuel lines with OEM fittings from the junkyard.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

yeah theres an oring in there that does the sealing against the back of the bubble flare. "out" is the sealed position and fuel pressure will push it there.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,424 Likes on 898 Posts

As mentioned, there is an o-ring in there and you will not have any leaks. Promise.

Andrew
Old 08-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys!
Old 08-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great info. Just grabbed this setup and was curious about the same thing.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Well- I've got leaks galore, but not from the one I questioned about. All nice expensive Fragola PTFE braided pre-made lines and Russell fittings.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trozfan
Well- I've got leaks galore, but not from the one I questioned about. All nice expensive Fragola PTFE braided pre-made lines and Russell fittings.
What's leaking exactly! The fittings? Hose? AN hoses don't need to be really tight to seal.

Andrew
Old 08-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Really frustrating

Had 3 leaks, I think one is fixed. (Between Fragola premade hose end and AN adapter at fuel rail).

- leak between premade Fragola hose end and AN adapter on output side of regulator

- leak between premade Fragola hose end and NPT to AN adapter at in-tank fuel pump.

I started out just snug tight. In my frustration I have probably overtightened them at this point. Using proper aluminum AN wrenches.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by trozfan
Really frustrating

Had 3 leaks, I think one is fixed. (Between Fragola premade hose end and AN adapter at fuel rail).

- leak between premade Fragola hose end and AN adapter on output side of regulator

- leak between premade Fragola hose end and NPT to AN adapter at in-tank fuel pump.

I started out just snug tight. In my frustration I have probably overtightened them at this point. Using proper aluminum AN wrenches.
That is frustrating. I would be on the phone with whoever made those hoses for you!

Andrew

Quick Reply: Corvette filter/regulator AN adapter question