Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned by Frost... Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned by Frost... Worth it?

Hello, Looking for some experienced advice. Have been building a tune for about a month now, using HP Tuners Std version (no Wideband currently) but unsure If I'm making good progress or needs work. See my earlier thread, and advise if you'd like to assist a newbee... See signature for current, and planned mods.

So my question is When I install; Headers, Off-Road Y, Dorman "LS2D" Intake and WARR 92mm Throttle Body... Would I be better off spending the $150 and getting "Tuned By Frost" or battling for a month or more trying to tune it myself?

I've seen this name on multiple forums, and seems to be extremely knowledgeable/experienced in tuning LS1 and other GM Vehicles. Anyone have personal experience with one of the Frost tunes on a stock or modified car similar to the mods I'll be adding over the winter? Would like to hear about gains, and any other benefit of taking the Frost path.

Thanks for your time!
Mike
Old 10-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Personally I'd spend the money on a wideband and finish tuning it yourself.
​​​​​​​
Old 10-19-2017, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree a wideband would be a wise investment especially tuning it yourself. If you know what you're doing for the most part I'd say stick with that. Frost makes a nice mail order tune, but it's still not the same as a good custom dyno tune
Old 10-20-2017, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I agree a wideband would be a wise investment especially tuning it yourself. If you know what you're doing for the most part I'd say stick with that. Frost makes a nice mail order tune, but it's still not the same as a good custom dyno tune
I'd have to agree with you all, and prefer to tune it myself.
I haven't looked at the Wideband set up yet, are there recommended WB's especially it if makes a difference that I've got a 1998 (Hear they have a "challenging" ECM in them compared to other years...)

Would really appreciate someone taking a look at my tune, and provide some feedback; Good tune OR Time to Revise...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...oked-over.html

Thanks again!
Mike
Old 10-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

AEM UEGO is my personal favorite.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JoeNova
AEM UEGO is my personal favorite.

AEM 30-4110 Digital Wideband Air/Fuel UEGO Gauge Kit.... Is this everything needed? Is there a full kit # I should look for?
Thanks!
Mike

Old 10-21-2017, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyZ28SS

AEM 30-4110 Digital Wideband Air/Fuel UEGO Gauge Kit.... Is this everything needed? Is there a full kit # I should look for?
Thanks!
Mike

The time has come for harsh words. ******* Google it! This forum has a lot of resources, but most will balk at spoon-feeding info that a simple web or forum search could provide. If you are not up to this simple task, then thank the heavens that Frost can send you a mail order tune. Now that I have "******** mode" turned off, if you have an issue that doesn't come up in the first couple of pages in a search, myself and many others here are happy to TRY to help. Just remember that some advice is better than others. Looking at track or dyno results gives some indication of who knows what they are doing.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gametech
The time has come for harsh words. ******* Google it! This forum has a lot of resources, but most will balk at spoon-feeding info that a simple web or forum search could provide. If you are not up to this simple task, then thank the heavens that Frost can send you a mail order tune. Now that I have "******** mode" turned off, if you have an issue that doesn't come up in the first couple of pages in a search, myself and many others here are happy to TRY to help. Just remember that some advice is better than others. Looking at track or dyno results gives some indication of who knows what they are doing.
Point taken! Pardon me while I take time to F'ing-Google it! LOL
Old 10-21-2017, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Once you get the hang of tuning, you can hammer that out in a day, 2 max if you spend actual time doing it.

Quick Reply: Tuned by Frost... Worth it?