Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

2005 gto tuner reccomemdation

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 gto tuner reccomemdation

Hello everybody, new to the gto world and this forum as i picked up my first one 3 weeks ago and love it!! However i did make the mistake of cleaning my throttle body by removing it completely and now have the infamous high idle and code p0507 problem. Ive searched every inch of forums for the last week straight and have tried every single thing ive read in order to fix it however nothing is working. Im worried to drive the car as ive read that with the computer reading so much air intake while idling it could possibly retard timing and therefore cause my headers to glow and possibly a lean condition leading to blown motor. The only thing i havent done is buy a brand new tb (bought used one didnt fix problem) or take it to a tuner. That leads to my question. Can anybody on here with experience please lead me to the best tuner here in las vegas for our cars? The car has long tube headers with high flow cats and a pipes x-pipe muffler, cai and ported tb. Thank you in advance for any suggestions on the best tuner. Looking to fix my problem the cheapest route then possibly get it dyno tuned afterwards.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nick D is in Vegas. He is a member on here.
If you sprayed your tb, you probably got cleaner on the circuit board. But, Remove the negative battery cable for 15 minutes and then put it back and see if that will reset anything. Anytime you are going to remove an electrical component, remove the negative terminal first.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reccomemdation. So the computer mustve learned idle position on its own since the last time i drove it to work and back (30 miles) as it idles perfectly now. Was throwing lean codes on both banks but i narrowed that down to the brand new maf sensor i put in tryinf to fix the idle issue. Swapped back to my original maf and bam no more lean codes. As for the tuner ive scheduled a dyno tune at revolution raceworks here in vegas. Hope frank there does a bang up job for me! Thanks again
Old 12-12-2018, 07:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The computer doesn't learn anything on its own. Your O2's adjust short term fuel trims. Your tuner will fix it up.
Have fun with it.