Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for engine bay pictures for 2000 Ws6

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 11:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for engine bay pictures for 2000 Ws6

Hey Guys. Putting a 2000 WS6 back together and a shop had the engine out and butchered the reassembly. The brake lines and heat shields that run along side the drivers side of the engine along the frame rail are all messed up. Does anyone have a picture of the engine bay with this area in stock form so I can figure out what all is missing.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2024, 05:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 573 Likes on 455 Posts

Post a pic of what they did wrong. I just put my '98 back together and I'm pretty sure most of the lines and heat shielding are the same.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
Post a pic of what they did wrong. I just put my '98 back together and I'm pretty sure most of the lines and heat shielding are the same.
It's almost impossible to get a picture of that area with the engine/header in. That's why I'm looking for pictures. I'll see what I can get today.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...e-pics-37.html
Old 07-09-2024, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Close but no pictures of what I need unfortunately. Here's some pictures showing the area I'm looking for. I need to see how the brake line holder, hood latch? Cable, and heat shield is all held in. With the engine/header installed I cant get in there to see enough to figure it out without a reference of what is probably missing/ routed wrong etc. I might just have to pull the steering/header to figure it out.

Old 07-09-2024, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 573 Likes on 455 Posts

Basically, there's a plastic clip/bracket that holds the fuel lines and brake lines. It attaches with a bolt that has a stud on the end, and the heat shield goes over that. The heat shield is attached with a few more of those bolt/studs down the frame rail and ends beneath the firewall. There's a dip in the shield that lines up with the steering shaft. The lines coming off the ABS block will more or less self locate into the clips on the plastic bracket, just install the plastic bracket and you'll see. My factory plastic bracket wouldn't hold the lines close enough to the frame rail for the clearance I needed, so I made one out of aluminum. I no longer have factory fuel lines, which made it easier. I can take a pic, but mine is not stock. I have a few pics of a stock '98 SS in that area, but it doesn't show the actual heat shield, only the lines leaving the ABS block and going down into the area where the shield is located.

Your hood latch cable goes over the top of your strut tower next to where the fender bolts on, there's supposed to be a small push in cable guide there. You can run your cable out the side where your fuse box is located, then around the front to the latch.
Old 07-16-2024, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

my pics kinda suck. ABS is in the way.
Old 07-16-2024, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by autogeek23

my pics kinda suck. ABS is in the way.
Thanks! Every little bit helps! It's about impossible to see down in there with the engine in.

Quick Reply: Looking for engine bay pictures for 2000 Ws6