Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate to see this forum dying away :(

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 555 Likes on 383 Posts
Default Hate to see this forum dying away :(

This section and this forum is probably the largest most in depth source of really everything GM and as far as Trans go all the youtube and facebook groups combined cannot come close to the wealth of information here. And unlike those and because it was in in own way moderated and when it came to tech peer reviewed is not loaded with idiots and trolls like those are, I post yes to help with business ..But also to hopefully help keep these forums alive, But increasingly its become a pointless exercise and that is a shame really. As NO one share these forums much anymore and if you try and use them as reference links in FB pages most times the owners or moderators delete the links.
I know this is not a tech post , Just a shame to see such a wealth of information that will one day be lost.
I will continue to post for anyone wanting to see things but just was thinking about this today.

The following 3 users liked this post by FranksCustomTrans:
bbond105 (Today), Kfxguy (Today), madmike9396 (Today)
Old Today, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 164 Likes on 135 Posts

Appreciate your posts and comments Frank. I would post more, but I dont build units as often like most do on here that do it for a living. Although I am currently in the middle of a completely stock 06 4L60E build which isnt anything to exciting to post about....unless you think otherwise?
Old Today, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 611 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by FranksCustomTrans
This section and this forum is probably the largest most in depth source of really everything GM and as far as Trans go all the youtube and facebook groups combined cannot come close to the wealth of information here. And unlike those and because it was in in own way moderated and when it came to tech peer reviewed is not loaded with idiots and trolls like those are, I post yes to help with business ..But also to hopefully help keep these forums alive, But increasingly its become a pointless exercise and that is a shame really. As NO one share these forums much anymore and if you try and use them as reference links in FB pages most times the owners or moderators delete the links.
I know this is not a tech post , Just a shame to see such a wealth of information that will one day be lost.
I will continue to post for anyone wanting to see things but just was thinking about this today.
I've been scanning through your build thread. I haven't posted yet because when I get time i'm going to read it and I'm sure i'll have some questions. I did use your band squirter mod on the last unit i built. Going to use it again on a unit I'm doing this week. Thanks for going through the trouble of posting all what you do!
Old Today, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 531 Likes on 411 Posts

Frank, I agree with everything you just said. I was thinking about this same thing the other day and it hit me that the 4L60e has been out of production for around 10 years now and the f-body car that this forum is mostly based on has been out of production for 22 years. It's not just the trans section that is dying but all of The LS1 Tech forum seems to be on its way out. I worked as a fleet tech most all of my career and on the side at home. So, I never did build a lot of transmissions, but now I hardly ever get ask to rebuild a 4L60e, its mostly 6 speed stuff now. I guess time will eventually pass everything by, whether we like it or not.

For this very reason whenever I run across something new on this forum I will copy and paste it to a word doc, and I come back every now and then and organize the info. This way I don't have to worry about someone taking it down or not being able to find it again. I have learned a lot from reading this forum and only old age can take that away from me.
Old Today, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 164 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by bbond105
I have learned a lot from reading this forum and only old age can take that away from me.
Its crazy how much I have learned in this forum section.
The following users liked this post:
bbond105 (Today)
Old Today, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Who says this forum (or LS1TECH.COM, for that matter) is dying?

There's still daily traffic on here.
Old Today, 02:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,244 Posts

Originally Posted by bbond105
It's not just the trans section that is dying but all of The LS1 Tech forum seems to be on its way out.
I've been reading similar comments for the last ~8 years or so, yet here we still are! Let's not make it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Originally Posted by dixiebandit69

We have certainly slowed down since our Golden era, but that doesn't mean it's "over".
JohnnyBs98WS6Rag (Today)
Old Today, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Received 140 Likes on 111 Posts

Its not over. It has just slowed down. A lot of people have lives and families now so forums aren't top priorities anymore.
Old Today, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

I’ve been seeing threads like this pop up every 6 months or so. Everything dies eventually but for now, there are enough of us here to keep it going.

One positive metric, the forum is healthy enough to generate orders. I had no intentions of getting a built 4l60e but one day you joined us and that led me to order one from you. Im happy and thankful you’re here Frank. I’m sure I’ll find out how tough that transmission is soon enough.
Old Today, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

No worries I plan to keep posting and doing tech stuff and remain a sponsor , Just miss the more lively days it once had.
Then I go to these facebook pages so lively but also so full of trolls and and people posting serious questions only to be greated by some I can only guess intentionally give very bad advice or trolling I hope some of its trolling anyway lol.
And yup soon finkled
Who knows maybe ill post a photo session of yours here

Finkledbody (Today)
Old Today, 03:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by dixiebandit69

Oh yes . But its kinda all forums really and you have to remember I started on here in 2006 and believe it or not . Not only the forum but the section even was about the hopin lol part of the forum lol . The 10k plus post i have under my other former name were mostly answering tech and interacting here.
Just kinda miss those days .

Old Today, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2BFAST
Appreciate your posts and comments Frank. I would post more, but I dont build units as often like most do on here that do it for a living. Although I am currently in the middle of a completely stock 06 4L60E build which isn't anything to exciting to post about....unless you think otherwise?
Hey every post is in its own way show n tell and learning experience for someone.

Old Today, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 230 Likes on 183 Posts

Now we all know how our grandparents felt when their favorite Auburns, Cords, Duesenbergs, Packards, Edsels, Studebakers, Oaklands etc. etc. stopped stealing the spotlights at all the classic car auctions and shows over the past 50 years. Time moves on. Enthusiasts get old and die. Popularity of a given marquis or model fades as younger generations give their attention to newer stuff, things that were new and highly desirable when they were in high-school. Owners forums like this was not even possible "back in the day", be thankful we have them now. The best we can do is to continue contributing to these sites and helping separating the seed from the chaff at least as long as we own these cars.
The following 3 users liked this post by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag:
99 Black Bird T/A (Today), bbond105 (Today), FranksCustomTrans (Today)
Old Today, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 230 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Now we all know how our grandparents felt when their favorite Auburns, Cords, Duesenbergs, Packards, Edsels, Studebakers, Oaklands etc. etc. stopped stealing the spotlights at all the classic car auctions and shows over the past 50 years. Time moves on. Enthusiasts get old and die. Popularity of a given marquis or model fades as younger generations give their attention to newer stuff, things that were new and highly desirable when they were in high-school. Owners forums like this was not even possible "back in the day", be thankful we have them now. The best we can do is to continue contributing to these sites and helping separating the seed from the chaff at least as long as we own these cars.
Having said all that, I believe that the 4th-gen F-bods, the LS1 WS6s in particular (because IMO GM styling hit it out of the park on this one, to the likes of the '59 Cadillac, the boat-tail Rivieras, the '67-8 Eldorados, the '63 split window coupe, the '69 T/A and all the other Bob-Mitchel inspired beauties that possess timeless styling) have a significant future enthusiast potential. As a member of ClassicOldsmobile, I am frequently impressed with the number of new YOUNG members joining each week because they acquired grandma's Delta 88 'vert or picked-up a prior restored 442 that needs some work and are seeking information. Sites like this are invaluable for the depth of information on these cars as long as they are supported by knowledgeable members.
Old Today, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I wonder much the same thing about forums. Seems they are all way down from peak. About Facebook groups, I wonder at what point they make money for the creator. They dont want the discussion or traffic directed anywhere else - Youtube , forums etc. take away from the "views" on Fbook. One of the groups I am on flat out states that they want all discussion to be on the group not elsewhere or they will delete it.
Its a shame as its impossible to find the older "good info" as facebooks search function is not good for that. Its returns are all about whats generating the most views currently. Just my opinion anyways.
Old Today, 05:14 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,244 Posts

F***book is useless as an information archive, thus harmful to the learning process as one incorrect post can be very misleading and can't be easily fact-checked with historical site data. That whole format is a mess in terms of a learning resource (which is something it wasn't ever meant to be in the first place).
Old Today, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 216 Likes on 166 Posts

I heard Social Security is running out too...

Facebook groups are abosolute garbage. I created my Gbody Tech Group 10 years ago and manage it in a way to kick out all the mis-information as well as people who aren't useful to the community. Probably the only group like that on Facebook and I've caught all kinds of flack for that from the sensitive over the years..
Old Today, 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,270 Likes on 885 Posts

Well I am new here, so I don't know what is was like when the Forum was busy.

My Father was saying he really misses all the interactions with everybody here.

-Marcello III

Quick Reply: Hate to see this forum dying away :(