Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me Vs. Ram SRT-10?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me Vs. Ram SRT-10?

Who would win from a roll? I saw one on the street by my house yesterday and I was pretty busy trying to catch up. By the time I was catching up he was turning and I really didn't feel like following him because he probably wouldn't have raced anyway. I'm looking up various info and stock they do the 1320 in 13.8. Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You would
Old 10-01-2005, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I played with one and gave him the hit, I freight trained him hard. From a roll in my auto.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rollinna65
You would
Hey, nick, have you got into any races recently? A black cobra wanted to run me for money today. I turned him down.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

I rolled one from about 55 in my WS6. I stayed in fourth, and rolled tolike 130 or so. I should have started in 3rd, but he got the jump on me...Took me for about half a truck length....But after 100mph, I pulled him fairly good to get about a car on him unitl we shut down.....Mods are in my sig....

He ran me good...but you should get him in the long run...they are heavy trucks...but make much power and TQ....have fun
Old 10-02-2005, 06:41 AM
12 Second Club

Hmm, I hope this wasn't once in a "lifetime" oppurtunity. I feel like I would have wasted him. I just hear stories of stock SRT's taking Lightning by a buses and got a little intimidated.

It's all good.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reocamaro
Hey, nick, have you got into any races recently? A black cobra wanted to run me for money today. I turned him down.
As a matter of fact I raced a pretty quick fox body last night. My roommate just bought a '98 NBM SS so we were cruising around and as we left Jenro's I got stuck behind a lightning, civic and this primered fox body with plates that said 'NTHERTRY' or something like that. They were going like 30 down independence so I dropped it to first and flew up on the civic's *** hoping he'd get the hint. I ended up getting a light next to this mustang on Va Beach Blvd and when it went green we both took off. It got out of the hole just a little better than I did but by the time I was in 2nd I was pulling him pretty well. We raced again after that with the same outcome but after that run I saw some flashing lights about 1/3 mile back so I pulled off, parked my car at some hair salon and ran away for a couple minutes. Once the coast was clear I went to AJ Gators for my buddies birthday party. All in all it was a pretty good night and now I'm on duty.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
I rolled one from about 55 in my WS6. I stayed in fourth, and rolled tolike 130 or so. I should have started in 3rd, but he got the jump on me...Took me for about half a truck length....But after 100mph, I pulled him fairly good to get about a car on him unitl we shut down.....Mods are in my sig....

He ran me good...but you should get him in the long run...they are heavy trucks...but make much power and TQ....have fun
You should have started in 2nd, I take it up to about 80 when I'm racing.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

I'd like to go out and get into some races today but I'm going to take it easy, I'm supposed to get my boost controller hooked up at Millennium tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Boost controller? I hope you've got it running a little bit richer than before.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, it's running about 20% richer.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Now you're going to be faster than me . Maybe I should start looking into nitrous.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

I don't know. Before you ever were tuned we hung together at high speed's pretty well. And then you got tuned so I assume you pulled ahead and now I'm going to up the boost so maybe we'll be back to even again (however if i'm about 500 I better not be merely keeping up w/ you) lol.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Hmm, I hope this wasn't once in a "lifetime" oppurtunity. I feel like I would have wasted him. I just hear stories of stock SRT's taking Lightning by a buses and got a little intimidated.

It's all good.
You have nothing to worry about. And what you hear about them walking Lightnings by truck lengths is bullshit. You state they run 13.8's stock, which is actually the best i have seen, and in fact that was with a lightly modded sponsored SRT-10.

They have tons of power and torque thru a huge motor, but in combo with the 22's and the weight, it compensates for power to say the least.

Ive personally been to Lightning meets at local tracks and watched 45 Ls all run in the 13's, alot in 12's and some in 11's. The best stock was a 13.28 on the stock F1 tire with just an intake. Needless to say they move out, and SRT-10s consistently run high 13's to low 14's.

Im amused that everyone on here jumps on the guy that says a L cannot beat a SRT-10, even tho the Lightnings run low 13s stock, and then come on here and say a 13.80 camaro will beat one.

Regardless, go for it, you will not have a problem.

Dan
Old 10-03-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChillOutWayne
You have nothing to worry about. And what you hear about them walking Lightnings by truck lengths is bullshit. You state they run 13.8's stock, which is actually the best i have seen, and in fact that was with a lightly modded sponsored SRT-10.

They have tons of power and torque thru a huge motor, but in combo with the 22's and the weight, it compensates for power to say the least.

Ive personally been to Lightning meets at local tracks and watched 45 Ls all run in the 13's, alot in 12's and some in 11's. The best stock was a 13.28 on the stock F1 tire with just an intake. Needless to say they move out, and SRT-10s consistently run high 13's to low 14's.

Im amused that everyone on here jumps on the guy that says a L cannot beat a SRT-10, even tho the Lightnings run low 13s stock, and then come on here and say a 13.80 camaro will beat one.

Regardless, go for it, you will not have a problem.

Dan
I have a quick question that I couldn't ask in the other thread since it was locked. Sorry If the question is stupid, but I thought the L came with a t-56 trans and not an automatic like the locked thread states?? (didn't say what trans came in the L on the SVT site)
Old 10-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by buffman
I have a quick question that I couldn't ask in the other thread since it was locked. Sorry If the question is stupid, but I thought the L came with a t-56 trans and not an automatic like the locked thread states?? (didn't say what trans came in the L on the SVT site)
The L only comes with an automatic. It is a 4R100, which is the same transmission as Ford Superduty trucks. It has modified clutches ect. geared more towards performance as opposed to just handling tons of torque and towing. Any other questions lemme know.

Dan
Old 10-03-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The L only comes with an automatic. It is a 4R100, which is the same transmission as Ford Superduty trucks. It has modified clutches ect. geared more towards performance as opposed to just handling tons of torque and towing. Any other questions lemme know.

Dan
Don't lie! You have a 6 speed out of a LS1
Im waiting for someone to jump my *** on NLOC man...
Old 10-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Who would win from a roll? I saw one on the street by my house yesterday and I was pretty busy trying to catch up. By the time I was catching up he was turning and I really didn't feel like following him because he probably wouldn't have raced anyway. I'm looking up various info and stock they do the 1320 in 13.8. Any ideas?
A 13.8 is a bad time for a Ram SRT-10. They are capable of running low 13's if they can get traction.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
A 13.8 is a bad time for a Ram SRT-10. They are capable of running low 13's if they can get traction.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Well according to all these dummies here at this forum SRT-10 run 12.7stock so then you would lose very badly. Good thing they are living in a dream world. I see them run between 13.7-14.4 so i think it would be a drivers race and depending on if its a normal or quad cab.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by supeg
Well according to all these dummies here at this forum SRT-10 run 12.7stock so then you would lose very badly. Good thing they are living in a dream world.
did you not read it last time.

CHILL OUT MAN - YOU WAY TOO STRESSED AND HOSTILE

guess not.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TORNATIC!!
But its not what the truck CAN do, its what the driver DOES. If he cant hook thats not my problem, and although i watched a SRT-10 stock run a 14.2 with minor traction issues, im not going to plug and play any numbers and figure out what he SHOULD run, cause i dont care. If i could do that, id practically be in the 12s stock.

Ive taken care of two of them on the street, both regular cabs and talked to both guys afterwards. Needless to say they refused to believe i just have an intake. Then again, so did the 02' Vette a few weeks back...

Dan
Old 10-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But its not what the truck CAN do, its what the driver DOES. If he cant hook thats not my problem, and although i watched a SRT-10 stock run a 14.2 with minor traction issues, im not going to plug and play any numbers and figure out what he SHOULD run, cause i dont care. If i could do that, id practically be in the 12s stock.

Ive taken care of two of them on the street, both regular cabs and talked to both guys afterwards. Needless to say they refused to believe i just have an intake. Then again, so did the 02' Vette a few weeks back...

Dan
You want to run my 2000 camaro in you truck? i will give you a tennis ball!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
HAHA!
Old 10-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mdblackz28
Unless i read my thread wrong, i dont remember posting up that i can beat heavily modded LS1's, but maybe im wrong.

But since we are on the subject, i got a buddy in a Lightning that im sure would be happy to meet up some time, and dont worry, its a completely stock longblock truck, so im sure none of you guys are worried.

Otherwise find a LS1 with just an intake, and ill be happy to meet up.

Dan

BTW, ive seen u run at the track, so yes, i would take a tennis ball.
Lets meet up tonight, i think i stand a pretty good chance.

Last edited by ChillOutWayne; 10-04-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Well, I joined this site today and wanted to search for a few things.

Funny thing is, when I searched for "arrogant", the name mdblackz28 popped up

I want give props to you on trying to race a truck in your 3050 lb car with nitrous. After all, they're in the same race class, right? It takes a real man to do that. If you do race, you'll certainly show him that YOU are indeed, the Boss. Also, I just wanted to tell you my dad can beat your dad up
Old 10-04-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MeetTheCreeper

I want give props to you on trying to race a truck in your 3050 lb car with nitrous. After all, they're in the same race class, right? It takes a real man to do that. If you do race, you'll certainly show him that YOU are indeed, the Boss. Also, I just wanted to tell you my dad can beat your dad up
You are quite the homosexual. I wonder who you are...Oh well, not important. Hope you found what you were searching for cause I doubt you will last long on here anyway...

BeauJ on NLOC.NET wrote this..."Yea, I saw his challege. He showed you who was boss, I'll tell ya that much. Just say you'll race him once he gets all the "tabacca" juice off the side of his car"

Both guys used Boss, I think I found the perp Matt!!! Oh well, kids will never learn.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by MeetTheCreeper

Obviously truck guys are stupid. Do you know what a tennis ball is? I will give him spots for as far as he can throw one. Cute response about the "arrogant" search. it shows how juvenile and imature you are. thanks for joining the site
Old 10-04-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But since we are on the subject, i got a buddy in a Lightning that im sure would be happy to meet up some time, and dont worry, its a completely stock longblock truck, so im sure none of you guys are worried.

Dan
Don't worry, I don't think anyone on here is worried
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Retired Street Racer

I am shaking in my SFI approved flame retardant shoes. you need those to run the times i do son. bring the big bad truck to the southside of chicago so i can make a fool out of him.