Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

GM hitech performance Anger management vette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tektrans

I don't see what's so unbeleivable when comparing the 2 cars.
Hmmm...it would be nice to see something like this written by Alex... (along with a BIG apology)...of course, we all know that will never happen.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would bet it makes more than 450 to the wheels on a dynojet, if they are not making upwards in the 480+ range then there is more on the table with more tuning.
215 heads and that size cam should make 480+.

As for questioning their track numbers, I believe anything is possible, might be what is the norm but it can be done.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Geneus
Hmmm...it would be nice to see something like this written by Alex... (along with a BIG apology)...of course, we all know that will never happen.
here goes that dead horse again, hehe
Alex as well as other members had issues and doubts about the setup, one issue I remember in particular was the vehicle raceweight (Alex had mentioned as well as others).
It was stated, I think by Rob, that this was a full weight vehicle. This was challenged on the boards and never settled at the time.
Robs raceweight is 3188lbs as stated in GMHTP yes?
Stock c5z06 curb weight (without fuel) is what, 3120lbs or so?
So unless Rob drove his car by remote control, or weighs 70lbs or so (he'd have to weigh less with fuel), this car is not full weight.
You can't blame Alex (or other members) for questioning a set up that doesn't make sense to them. This is LS1"TECH" , guys are going to ask questions and they are going to want answers that MAKE SENSE.
The issue of vehicle weight was a HUGE topic of conversation, along with other things back when.
I don't like alot of things Alex said during that time, I don't like some things you have said either, it's all unfortunate but I don't think Alex owes Rob or you guys an apology for the back and forth comments because you were all doing it and he certainly doesn't owe an apology for questioning a set up that didn't make sense at the time.

I'm sure for some reason Rob mispoke about the raceweight, car is defiantely not gutted out-looks great in and out. I've got to think that maybe he just didn't know the true weight of the vehicle at the time for whatever reason, etowns scale is always off.
DEAD HORSE anyway!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alex as well as other members had issues and doubts about the setup, one issue I remember in particular was the vehicle raceweight (Alex had mentioned as well as others).
It was stated, I think by Rob, that this was a full weight vehicle.
Mark,

Never was it stated the car was a full weight vehicle, the very first post of the original thread states https://ls1tech.com/forums/10384969-post1.html
Originally Posted by robz*
The car is a street car with some minimal weight reduction.
A Bone Stock Z06 with 1/4 tank weighs 3080 no driver, where robs car with 1/4 tank was right about 3015 no driver. 65lb weight reduction is minimal in my book.

And mentioned again on post #6 about the brakes https://ls1tech.com/forums/10385217-post6.html
Originally Posted by robz*
I sometimes run with the passenger seat out, have a drag pack, and smaller front brakes that I purchased with the wheel package.
I've got to think that maybe he just didn't know the true weight of the vehicle at the time for whatever reason.
Your right on this point, however It was always mentioned that he didn't know the exact weight on that street day when the car went 9's for the first time.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
Mark,

Never was it stated the car was a full weight vehicle, the very first post of the original thread states https://ls1tech.com/forums/10384969-post1.html

A Bone Stock Z06 with 1/4 tank weighs 3080 no driver, where robs car with 1/4 tank was right about 3015 no driver. 65lb weight reduction is minimal in my book.

And mentioned again on post #6 about the brakes https://ls1tech.com/forums/10385217-post6.html

Your right on this point, however It was always mentioned that he didn't know the exact weight on that street day when the car went 9's for the first time.
Thanks for helping me beat that horse, brother.

As I recall, a certain "someone" insisted that Rob's car weighed something significantly less than 3100 lbs and that he was not forthcoming on that. I don't see where the weight reported is anything out of the ordinary after one does the obvious weight reductions (passenger seat out of the car, lighter wheels, dumb bells removed from the trunk, etc).
Old 03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
9 Second Club

research I did showed the stock c5 zo6 weight without fuel at 3117
http://www.z06-corvette.com/specs/engine-drivetrain.htm
Robs car without fuel is 102lbs lighter than that.
His car weighed 3015 with 1/4 tank? that's at least 3-4 gallons no?
conservately 5 lbs per gallon that's about 15lbs if not more.
Now you're looking at 117 lbs conservately.
Add that 117lbs and you're looking at a 10.1x pass.
shoot add just the 17lbs and you're at 10.0x
117lbs on a zo6 is a little more than "minimal" IMO but everyone is different, that's why words like "minimal" "estimated" "right about" " sometimes" "smaller" "mustang dyno" "street car" are all open to discussion. That's why you're supposed to DISCUSS them if you post them. lol
see what I mean when I say it's the "tech" info that we are OBSESSED with,lol.
This was the main issue now known as the "Dead Horse".
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

research I did showed the stock c5 zo6 weight without fuel at 3117
http://www.z06-corvette.com/specs/engine-drivetrain.htm
Robs car without fuel is 102lbs lighter than that.
His car weighed 3015 with 1/4 tank? that's at least 3-4 gallons no?
conservately 5 lbs per gallon that's about 15lbs if not more.
Now you're looking at 117 lbs conservately.
Add that 117lbs and you're looking at a 10.1x pass.
shoot add just the 17lbs and you're at 10.0x
117lbs on a zo6 is a little more than "minimal" IMO but everyone is different, that's why words like "minimal" "estimated" "right about" " sometimes" "smaller" "mustang dyno" "street car" are all open to discussion. That's why you're supposed to DISCUSS them if you post them. lol
see what I mean when I say it's the "tech" info that we are OBSESSED with,lol.
Your research is wrong b/c that is the listed curb weight and NOT an un-fueled vehicle

curb weight 
–noun the weight of an automotive vehicle including fuel, coolant, and lubricants but excluding occupants and cargo.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/curb+weight

Here are some fellow board members who have actually weighed their cars https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...ht-c5-z06.html

So basically all your other numbers above are not warranted, and besides... the fact is the car ran what the car ran.

I agree on the point that certain words lead to open interpretation, however Rob has always been forth coming and has provided more than enough proof with video's, timeslips, dyno graphs, and all weight reduction measures taken.

This particular dead horse along with others mentioned like Nitrous and/or a larger cube motor is only alive b/c of inaccuracies posted by others to try and make things not seem legit.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Dude...you are funny...I like that.

I think there were a couple of your "camp" who suggested Rob's car weighed in the range of 2800 lbs. So, if we say 3100 for ***** and giggles is a stock Z then we're talking ~300lbs = ~10% which = significant, as opposed to a 3% - 4% reduction (which is what his car might have)...not trivial either, but very different from 10%.

Remember..."a horse is a horse, of course of course"...can you finish it?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
Your research is wrong b/c that is the listed curb weight and NOT an un-fueled vehicle

curb weight 
–noun the weight of an automotive vehicle including fuel, coolant, and lubricants but excluding occupants and cargo.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/curb+weight

Here are some fellow board members who have actually weighed their cars https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...ht-c5-z06.html

So basically all your other numbers above are not warranted, and besides... the fact is the car ran what the car ran.

I agree on the point that certain words lead to open interpretation, however Rob has always been forth coming and has provided more than enough proof with video's, timeslips, dyno graphs, and all weight reduction measures taken.

This particular dead horse along with others mentioned like Nitrous and/or a larger cube motor is only alive b/c of inaccuracies posted by others to try and make things not seem legit.

Ahhhhhhhh, so you're "minimal" weight reduction of 65lbs is accurate because I didn't consider the vehicle as fully fueled, cool I learned something new today.

Rob was forthcoming yes, until he got offended and clammed up.
I still disagree that the questions of "how" it was done was to make it seem illegitimate.
Then it escalated and got out of hand.
I get asked all the time if I run nitrous, I take it as a compliment, most guys I know would too. Want to look under my hood-go ahead, I don't run NT at the track. Knock yourself out.
When Rob and you guys wouldn't allow it-it really was an issue for alot of people.
Look at the car, weigh the car, hi 5's all around and everyone is happy.

Cartek had a similar thing like this happen. they got accused of running a stroker on a heads/cam car by a well known corvette racer we all know but I won't mention the name.
This guy was so adamant about it that Cartek invited him to the track one day, he witnessed the car run the #, followed the car back to Cartek where they tore it down right in front of him. He was a man and apologized publically and bought the boyz lunch.
I'm not saying everyone should tear the motor down for everybody who questions a set up and at the time Rob ran the # we did agree that a visual inspection and weight verification would be adequate, but you guys didn't agree so the problems came.

Columbus had to prove the Earth was round, Einstein had to prove his theory of relativaty and Rob had to prove his **** works like he said.
Unfortunately he waited for the March issue of GMHTP to prove it.

This horse is soooo f*cking dead already.

I would like to see everyone take thier dresses off and stop acting like a bunch of girls and just get along and get back to racing and such.

what do you b*tches say?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

I get asked all the time if I run nitrous
Do you run 93 octane...at the track?
Old 03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Geneus
Do you run 93 octane...at the track?
hahahaha no no no
I run 110, compression is 13:1
But it's a street car. I drive it on the street so it must be a street car right?
I say yes, my buddy Rick says no.
truth is I have no trailor so I HAVE to drive it.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

hahahaha no no no
I run 110, compression is 13:1
But it's a street car. I drive it on the street so it must be a street car right?
I say yes, my buddy Rick says no.
truth is I have no trailor so I HAVE to drive it.
If you drive it to and from the track...it passes the "stress test" as a street car.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:46 PM
9 Second Club

I read the article two days ago congrats! Sick car indeed!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

atco at night is worth 2 tenths compared to most tracks. Still a great run anyway
Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that mph does make you scratch your head
Old 04-04-2009, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

3188 lbs and 138 mph

just doesn't add up I don't care what anybody says
Old 04-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
3188 lbs and 138 mph

just doesn't add up I don't care what anybody says
No one believed the world was round either. They thought you'd fall off if you got to the end. You sound like one of those people.

He ripped off THREE 9sec passes, then they tore the engine down right there and went over the car with a fine tooth comb. Why are you having so much trouble believing this? He even has the bore and stroke pictures in the magazine!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
No one believed the world was round either. They thought you'd fall off if you got to the end. You sound like one of those people.

He ripped off THREE 9sec passes, then they tore the engine down right there and went over the car with a fine tooth comb. Why are you having so much trouble believing this? He even has the bore and stroke pictures in the magazine!
The weight, power, or a combination of both has to be wrong in that article to run 138.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
8 Second Club

138??? not sure but anything is possible... nice work tho
Old 04-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I read the article, and I recall the argument about how legit, or not legit the car is.

I do admit, that by the old trusted slide rule for a 3180 lb car to run 138 mph, you're talking about making over 625 hp at the crank.

I guess it's possible. I'd be more intrested in seeing the car show up and make some runs in july when it's 90 degrees outside and the da is in the 3000+ range. I think that would put all the doubt's to rest.

Quick Reply: GM hitech performance Anger management vette?