Single Digit Club Running 9s or quicker? Damn!

7 second LS1

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
In some hick county where all they require is a visual inspection of lights, horn and two working wipers, then yea I guess it would be street legal.
Which would be the whole state of Michigan. There are no inspections - tech, visual, or otherwise for any car in any county or city, as far as I know. I live in the Detroit area, which would be most likely to have inspections like that, and I've never had to do it. I don't have cats on my car - I would never pass a tech, visual, or emissions test.

Ronnie's car is a Michigan car. Street "legal" isn't very difficult. It has headlights, four wheels, brake lights, and blinkers - nobody would even check the wipers or horn. I don't even think doors are necessary.

Last edited by Velocity; 04-14-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dear John
Yeah, no ****. Try rolling that on 159.
I would just like to see him and Harlan on I-696
Old 04-14-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

id like to see duke harlan and chuck yeager in an f-18 hehehe
Old 04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Whys that????????????
cuz i can't see conclusive proof of it being a 370 ci motor
Old 04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A3Z28
cuz i can't see conclusive proof of it being a 370 ci motor

Why is that explain yourself???
Old 04-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Banned

well, i don't see any pics of a motor, no pics of a tape measure or dial, or caliper showing stroke, and bore sizes....post some pics or video to prove yourself...until then you just have a stock 6.0 motor swapped in.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

well, i don't see any pics of a motor, no pics of a tape measure or dial, or caliper showing stroke, and bore sizes....post some pics or video to prove yourself...until then you just have a stock 6.0 motor swapped in.

Heres a pic of my 370.....
4.03" bore.... how can you tell?? well the GM MLS head gasket... as everyone knows it is 4.04".......

Here is a link to my moor build up....
http://itlxlr8.homestead.com/APE370.html
On a side note... why are you so interested in me????
Back on topic...
Kyle
Old 04-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Banned

that looks like more than 0.01" on those gaskets...that's not a 370..., get a caliper that actually shows the true size.....not so much interested in you as much as proving a point
Old 04-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

btw, Nasty...what head studs are those? they look bigger than stock...they the 1/2" (or whatever the bigger ones are)
Old 04-15-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

that looks like more than 0.01" on those gaskets...that's not a 370..., get a caliper that actually shows the true size.....not so much interested in you as much as proving a point
why are you trying to prove a point and to who?? Im not going to pull the heads just to measure the bore..... besides i couldnt do it if i wanted to..... my car isnt even in my state... and hasnt been since Jan. I should have it back late next month or early june with my new turbo setup.
Kyle

BTW those are reg 12 point ARP head studs.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
BTW those are reg 12 point ARP head studs.
Aren't those the ARP hex head studs? Cuz I got a set right here waitin to go in my new motor build-up and they look exactly the same.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Aren't those the ARP hex head studs? Cuz I got a set right here waitin to go in my new motor build-up and they look exactly the same.

I know mine are the 12 points.... well thats the box they came in Im not sure what the dif. is between the two sets.
Kyle
Old 04-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Banned

the bolts just look bigger i guess in the pic...the point i was getting as is this...we can't see how big your motor is, and you can't/won't show conclusive details to prove it's size, but it is infact a 370....sometimes you just have to take things for what they are...has hardcore given any reason to doubt their accomplishments?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

the bolts just look bigger i guess in the pic...the point i was getting as is this...we can't see how big your motor is, and you can't/won't show conclusive details to prove it's size, but it is infact a 370....sometimes you just have to take things for what they are...has hardcore given any reason to doubt their accomplishments?

I see your point............ I know the reason most people see it that way is because we KNOW Ronnie had video camera's there for the run and we know he has the vid, but he wont post it..... why is that?? I dont know. I do see your point though.
Kyle
Old 04-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

beautiful car by the way....the stance is very nice for a street car...i miss my car being street driven(damn racecar...). hopefully i can get this 02 SS i found local for a good deal and drive it everyday
Old 04-17-2005, 11:53 AM
9 Second Club

LOL.........is that your argument? don't become a lawyer whatever you do. it doesn't make one bit of difference to me wether they got the 7 sec. slip or not, so long as they got it legitimately. but the fact is that their evidence is very fishy. they posted a video of their car launching, flying down the track, and before it reaches the finish line, the video switches, not pans over to, the board showing a 7.94 without any car in the shot more less their own. no doubt about it, the car is damn quick. and no doubt they will get that 7 sec. slip if they haven't already. but the point you're trying to make is a little different from the events that have occurred. take a look in the Forced Induction section and have a see what the arguement is all about. i'll let you do the search as it's old news to the rest of us and is like beating a dead horse. everyone wants the coveted "First to run 7.xx in an LS1 based motor" title, as well as the large amount of recognition and publicity that comes along with it. so for a shop to have this recognition, imagine the gains in store for them. free publicity in a large number of national publications is something nearly worth lying about running a 7.xx to get. i say nearly, because anyone with any kind of self respect or sence of decency would not take the potential of a much earned title from someone who actually earned it. now with that being said, i'll go back to what i first said, it doesn't make one bit of difference to me wether they got the 7 sec. slip or not, so long as they got it legitimately. i would still consider doing business with them if they had a service only they could provide. in fact, i was even very much considering having them pick up my car to do the chassis work on it, but i've got a freind of a freind who's responsible for many 7 sec. cars who will do the work for about half what Hardcore quoted me, but never returned my last calls or pm's about doing. so, whatever the reason behind that was, it made me reconsider who i'll do my business with. one thing i can't stand is a lack of response. oh well. hope this doesn't come off the wrong way for anyone, but this is my first take on the alleged 7 sec. pass.

Dave

btw.......your question..."has hardcore given any reason to doubt their accomplishments?" has been answered as yes in my post in a round about way. the recognition, publicity, and bragging rights are enough gain to doubt their record breaking accomplishments when there is no proof of it. Harlan, APE, Eastside, or others could have made the claim. all that was asked of them was an unedited video of the event and ALL would shut up about it. can't understand why that's so hard to do!

Last edited by PRAY HRD; 04-17-2005 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:12 PM
9 Second Club

oh, and by the way.........it's now a 7 second car for sure, so the past doesn't matter because noone else has yet to run a 7 to date.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

...has hardcore given any reason to doubt their accomplishments?

Sorry...just had to laugh at that one.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Banned

what actual reason have they given? they have a slip...there were witnesses there...seems fairly solid to me. i have no affiliation to them, don't even care about them either, but i could be wrong
Old 04-27-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

those are six point allen head studs, which may or may not use 12 point nuts. It's just refering to the number of points on the nut, that's all really no strength difference in holding the head down, but they are less likely to strip. kinda like more splines in an axle eg. 35 spline dana 60>32 spline dana 60 and 40 spline dana 60= (referring to dana 60 front axles)

Quick Reply: 7 second LS1