Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

408 sbc iroc z swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 408 sbc iroc z swap

I haven't had a fun little project since my last build on here with my 92 foxbody sbc swap. I deleted that thread years ago but wish I hadn't .

Back to business I picked up a 1987 iroc z with the 2.8l v6. My brother in law traded for it and for a few old engine parts I had laying around we traded parts for car . The car is surprisingly straight with a decent clean interior. The v6 didn't run but with a couple hours of work I had it running again. It idles great but under a light throttle I have a slight hesitation which I believe is due to the several vacuum leaks I need to fix .

The big plan for this is to remove the v6 and swap my built 408ci sbc in it's place. I had this motor in my mustang and it has been sitting ever since. Does anyone else have experience with these swaps? I haven't done my research on these cars just yet but would love to have some input if anybody has any.

Pics and progress coming soon. Currently traveling using only my phone for now .
Old 03-02-2018, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be straight forward as long as you got the right motor mounts, transmission mounts and correct driveshaft so that everything lines up.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in the build! Are you going Carb or EFI? BTW, you most likely don't have an Iroc since they were only offered with V8s.

I live in Lubbock TX, and have a bunch of TPI aftermarket EFI stuff like Superrams, Stealth Ram, First Fuel Injection, T56 swap i'm trying to sell if you need parts.