Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

572 cubic inch GM crate engine...question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 423 RWHP sounds so insignificant after reading this thread
Old 02-05-2006, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

lol yea. but you can change that :yup:
Old 02-05-2006, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Quickin
If someone were to drop the 1,000 hp 598ci Procharged BBC from FTM into an F-Body built for the drag strip, but still a street car. Like ARE's 8.49 second car.

What 1/4 mile time would 850 RWHP get you?

Its a 91 octane engine. I would say 8 second 1/4 mile times....NO?

ARE's 8 second car had a good nitrous shot on it too, plus it had a narrowed rear with a big slick.

X amount of horsepower doesn't guarantee any 1/4 mile time, you have to have your chassis and suspension dialed in so it will HOOK. That's what I've been saying all along.

Assuming your chassis and suspsension has been tuned, that low 9 second power easy, of course it depends on how much your car weighs too.

You should go out to the dragstrip and look at everybody's setup, see what they run, etc and you can put the theory to the real test.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
ARE's 8 second car had a good nitrous shot on it too, plus it had a narrowed rear with a big slick.

X amount of horsepower doesn't guarantee any 1/4 mile time, you have to have your chassis and suspension dialed in so it will HOOK. That's what I've been saying all along.

Assuming your chassis and suspsension has been tuned, that low 9 second power easy, of course it depends on how much your car weighs too.

You should go out to the dragstrip and look at everybody's setup, see what they run, etc and you can put the theory to the real test.
ARE's engine was a 436 with C5R heads. Dyno'ed 580 RWHP IIRC and had a 400 shot DP.

What is the proper chassis. What would need to be added/changed on my car for example to be a decent drag set-up?

sig.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

need to get rid of those springs and put stock ones back on, Wolfe or Spohn rear sway bar, Madman or Spohn TA. The rest looks like you have. to get 8 or 9's you'll need and want a 10 point cage. Then everything has to be tuned in, that's takes a while to figure out. someone like madman can do that in a couple of hours cause he's a friggin genius.

go to drag racing forum, lots of good stuff there.

Most importantly its getting seat time at the track. Moroso has something today I believe that I wanted to go chekc out .
Old 02-05-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
need to get rid of those springs and put stock ones back on, Wolfe or Spohn rear sway bar, Madman or Spohn TA. The rest looks like you have. to get 8 or 9's you'll need and want a 10 point cage. Then everything has to be tuned in, that's takes a while to figure out. someone like madman can do that in a couple of hours cause he's a friggin genius.

go to drag racing forum, lots of good stuff there.

Most importantly its getting seat time at the track. Moroso has something today I believe that I wanted to go chekc out .
If I move to O-lando I'll probably get into it more than I am now. Norris will close to, since I'd be living downtown. I remember seeing nice apartment developments near his shop.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

The hp may not impress you, but the tq with blow your mind

Quick Reply: 572 cubic inch GM crate engine...question