Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Anyone ever used the Jegs Universal radiators?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever used the Jegs Universal radiators?

Im looking into using a jegs universal radiator for my sbc swap. The stock lt1 radiator just isnt cutting it. Anyone have any experience with these? Motor is a gen 1 383 stroker.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've bought 2 Jeg's made items to date. one was a bulkhead fitting, horrible quality, and the other was a throttle cable bracket, Excellent quality. i don't know what the Jeg's radiators go for right off hand, but pretty soon i'll need a radiator and i'm going to go with the Griffin universal aluminum 2x1.25 core that measures 31x19x3 overall for $279ish from Summit. i think with this i will stick with a name brand personally. hope that helps some.

oh, btw, that radiator dimension is for my car, a mustang, so don't go by that. i don't know what size you will need.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually i think that radiator size is the same as the lt1 radiator. I measured it the other day but cant quite remember, but im pretty sure thats it. The jegs are $179, but that griffin sounds like a pretty good deal.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever used the Jegs Universal radiators?