Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

305 build up

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28fan
I am not very knowledgable about edelbrock carbs- But I think it is a bit shorter than the holley.

Build your 305 and have fun with it- my 82 is setup basically for doing what you describe, and I have a blast driving it. I built it on the cheap and have had good luck with it.

What I do with it is race ricer cars when I get a chance - every now and then you can find a stock 5.0 mustang and that makes for a good fun race.

Check out thirdgen.org there are a couple good running 305's drivers on there for example this thread.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/or...-305-does.html
thanks man that sounds good

all i want to beat are imports and a few mustangs, my one friend has an 04 mustang that he put 1500 in and only got 235 to the wheels
Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 305

Well I have a 305 in my 91 RS and I just got done takin apart a 305 from a 89 firebird, which am going to have bored .30 over and ordered a 335 long rod stoker kit , am going to have the valves on the heads resized...once I get the kit, I'll post more specs of the cam,valves and other stuff later on......oh and 305 heads are better than 350 heads, since you get more compression...=).......and yes I know 350's are hella alot better as everyone around here as told me....but if you build those little 305's with the right combinations, you'll be smokin those 350's.....oh yeah another reason people don't build 305's is because parts are more expensive for them as for 350's you can get pretty much everywhere you go and more variety of parts

Quick Reply: 305 build up