Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Picked up some stuff for my 68'

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006 | 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up some stuff for my 68'

Picked up some stuff for my 68' thought id share my bundle of goodies I picked up from ebay,a swap meet, and summit!

Headers/Mufflers:
Ceramic Coated, 1 5/8, full length
Purple hornies 3 inch, 32 inch

Shifter:
Hurst pistol grip

Plug wires:
Accel 8mm

Distributor:
65k volt HEI

Chrome dress up:
Consists of 2 tall chrome baffled valve covers, 1 timing chain cover, valve cover grommets,ignition wire separators,oil dip stick, timing tab, 2 breathers, 8 valve cover clamps, 8 valve cover wing bolts, chrome fuel filter , package of plastic wire separators, air cleaner stud, air cleaner wing bolt, 14" round air cleaner, 1 throttle bracket for manual transmission and 1 chrome GM style radiator cap

Two of the pics are from ebay, cuz I was too lazy to take all the parts and lay them out, and one is obviously in the car.

On the list next, new carb and intake!!
Old 12-27-2006 | 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

kool.. put it all on .. post more pics
Old 12-27-2006 | 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

I like your hood, what inch and whered you get that! Ive been looking for a nice cowl..
Old 12-27-2006 | 12:35 AM
Staging Lane

it was a fiberglass hood with a hole cut into it .. had a 4.5 inch cowl scoop molded onto it.. it has a few imperfections. i want to sell it , i have a 4 inch harwood cowl hood i'm thinkin bout replacing it with one day.
Old 12-27-2006 | 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

You will love the sound of those purple hornies as long as you like loud. I had them with a hooker headers on my 72 monte carlo. It had the stock 350. People were asking me if I had a big block in it and they liked how it sounded. Of course I told them it was a big block and kept the hood closed. When you step on the gas it will roar with those mufflers.

Nice looking camaro for sure.

Quick Reply: Picked up some stuff for my 68'