Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Lifter gloves,roller conversion 4 pre86 blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lifter gloves,roller conversion 4 pre86 blocks?

Hey guys, I need to know where to locate the part# for those new plastic lifter gloves for the sbc that Gm came out with this summer. They are just like the LS1 lifter gloves,but for the sbc,and it allows a very easy and inexpensive way to run a roller cam in a pre 86 block. All you do is drill/tap a couple holes in the lifter valley to hold the gloves in place,and you can run standard SBC roller lifters/cams. I read this in hot rod over the summer. I know you need to change top a hardened dist. gear and run either a cam button or retainer(bolt on I think) Any and all info is much appreciated. i am tryin to help out a guy over on Pirate4x4.thanks
Old 01-04-2007, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think what you are looking for is part # 88958652 you can get them from scoggin dickeys www.sdpc2000.com but the only thing these really do is alow you to change camshaft without pulling intake and lifters, i know what your talkin about but i havent seen any myself that hold the lifter its self from spinning, the only way i know to run a roller can in a 86 and prior is with linked lifters that have a link inbetween two if the lifters to hold them straight, im pretty sure you cant run a 87 and up roller cam in older blocks it will fit but they dont have the retaining plate on the front of the block you will need to buy a roller cam for older blocks. hope this helps

Last edited by My01SSCamaro; 01-04-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Lifter gloves,roller conversion 4 pre86 blocks?