Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Leaking fuel bowl window- mighty demon

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking fuel bowl window- mighty demon

This morning I noticed fuel leaking out of the sight window on the secondary fuel bowl for my mighty demon 750cfm annular blowthrough carb. At idle the amount leaked is negligible but under throttle and boost is becomes significant enough to soak the back of the intake manifold. What is the best course of action to fix this leak? The carb is less than a year old (no backfires through it) and otherwise works fine. has anyone ever removed sight windows on a demon before? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

They're easy to remove. Use a screwdriver with a blade just wide enough to fit in one of the slots and turn slowly to remove. There should be an o-ring behind the window. Your's may be missing or cracked. Just get a replacement at a hardware store.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

thanks for the quick reply. Is the slot you're referring to on the inside of the bowl or on the outside? Mine has a brass colored snap ring on the outside. Is this what i should remove?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Oh, sorry, the windows used to be slotted and were threaded in. I guess in your case you're going to just want to remove the snap ring and the window should just come out after that. That's probably going to be more effort to put back together. The o-rings do come in their rebuild kit.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

thanks andereck, I'll give it a go when I get home from work later today.
general comment- I love how this forum often produces appropriate answers to tech questions faster than calling manufacturers. I've waited on hold for BG tech support for 30 minutes some time. Here we post and informed answers come rolling in in minutes.

Quick Reply: Leaking fuel bowl window- mighty demon