Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Small Block HP ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
you say they are engine builders that you supply blocks to,then you say in the next sentence that real engine builder do their own machine work-which is it?
That's not what I read. CMC didn't specify engine buiders or engine assemblers, see below:
Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS N/E
We supply a lot of 010 blocks to engine shops all over the country and Canada as we are set to do block blue printing including cam tunnel blue printing and ALL the shops we deal with would never build a 1200 horse engines a use a stock block.
Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
One is a LS1tech sponsor, the other is not.....HMMMMMMM.
Zone, what's your point???

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, I just wanted to point out what I saw so other members could see it as well.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are correct,i apologize for an assumption.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

Shawn,

I am glad you posted about nodular caps vs billet caps in your other post (1st page, last post). I had over-looked that information when you posted about it the first time.

Good info/point.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:04 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, my point is that CNC seems to olmost advertise his company, also it was anoying reading "HMMMMMM". Shawn has his points and i did see where CNC did not understand what Shawn was saying.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

You are correct,i apologize for an assumption.
I also have a CNC machine from RMC as I bought one of the first CNC machines they had as it was HAAS CNC machine back then and you must know Kevin Blanks out of Clarkesville VA as we work back and forth with each other and he seems to be a square shooter.

We probably sell one nodular iron cap block to 30 of the steel cap blocks and I guess they are good for anything you want to throw at them as far as power.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Interesting link on carnage, Its good for a laugh http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/t...5651093943/p/1
Old 12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
FormerVendor

I also have a CNC machine from RMC as I bought one of the first CNC machines they had as it was HAAS CNC machine back then and you must know Kevin Blanks out of Clarkesville VA as we work back and forth with each other and he seems to be a square shooter.

We probably sell one nodular iron cap block to 30 of the steel cap blocks and I guess they are good for anything you want to throw at them as far as power.

I have heard of Kevin but dont know him personally.I have heard good things about him.Our RMC is on the milltronics platform,had the machine about a year and a half now,been a really good piece.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

I have heard of Kevin but dont know him personally.I have heard good things about him.Our RMC is on the milltronics platform,had the machine about a year and a half now,been a really good piece.

The only thing about RMC is once you buy there machine your on your own as they don't really do any follow ups with any one. And it takes for ever to get programs from them.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

Wow - that's a interesting link you provided, CNC.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

The only thing about RMC is once you buy there machine your on your own as they don't really do any follow ups with any one. And it takes for ever to get programs from them.
I couldnt say as far as follow ups.We are working closely with them on several other projects.they just helped us with the tooling and programming to machine cgi diesel blocks from raw castings for some of the government projects we do.I usually get any progams i need the same day that i call to order them.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

I couldnt say as far as follow ups.We are working closely with them on several other projects.they just helped us with the tooling and programming to machine cgi diesel blocks from raw castings for some of the government projects we do.I usually get any progams i need the same day that i call to order them.
I have about every program they offer but I have had calls for guys who have bought there machines from Ray and there for ever getting everything they need.

I have a friend who has 11 machines he takes care of and helps me with any new programs we need and we also have a HAAS VF-3 we are just getting going and so far no problems.

We do a lot of Cam tunnel blue printing for roller cam bearings and in the circle track engines the BBC cam tunnel is very popular.

May I ask whats a cgi diesel block??
Old 12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
FormerVendor

I have about every program they offer but I have had calls for guys who have bought there machines from Ray and there for ever getting everything they need.

I have a friend who has 11 machines he takes care of and helps me with any new programs we need and we also have a HAAS VF-3 we are just getting going and so far no problems.

We do a lot of Cam tunnel blue printing for roller cam bearings and in the circle track engines the BBC cam tunnel is very popular.

May I ask whats a cgi diesel block??

We build some high performance marine diesel engines using 5.9 Cummins blocks.The problem we were having is that after 100hrs or so on the engine the block would crack where the cylinders meet the deck.So we had some blocks cast out of cgi(compacted graphite iron).The cgi is alot stonger than standard gray iron,they are casting nascar blocks and prostock blocks from this same material.Since going to the cgi material we can run well over 400hrs with no problems.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:49 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Not part of the original SBC thread, just a comment. As said above, the new CGI is some amazing stuff. The DRCE is a bad *** block, strong as heck. Rock solid & stable. Much better than the old steel.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

We build some high performance marine diesel engines using 5.9 Cummins blocks.The problem we were having is that after 100hrs or so on the engine the block would crack where the cylinders meet the deck.So we had some blocks cast out of cgi(compacted graphite iron).The cgi is alot stonger than standard gray iron,they are casting nascar blocks and prostock blocks from this same material.Since going to the cgi material we can run well over 400hrs with no problems.
A friend of mine had LSM systems build them a billet aluminum block for the same application and as far as I know it worked out fine.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

CNC that link you posted is CRAZY, and thanks for all the info everyone...it helps alot..
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Good info!!! but what happened to the first argument?? how did it end? yall kinda digressed, lol, and started talkin about tools!! lol, so is a stock 350 block w/ diff. caps good for 1000hp?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by noboostnogo
Good info!!! but what happened to the first argument?? how did it end? yall kinda digressed, lol, and started talkin about tools!! lol, so is a stock 350 block w/ diff. caps good for 1000hp?
Well at our shop on a 1000 horse SBC and using a stock block it just would not happen and just for $hits and gigles post that on this site
http://speedtalk.com/forum/ and see what the responses are as there are a lot high end engines builders there that I deal with that would no attempt this either.

We would surly machine a block for any one wanted to try it and see how it would work out.

But some one who is looking for a 1000 hose SBC and is spending that kind of money to make that kind of power and spending the money on a Dart or Bowtie is just a drop in the bucket for them.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:50 PM
9 Second Club

Ive seen many 355 sbc make over 400rwhp and they shoot 300-400 shots at them they seem to last fine runnin 8.2's-8.8's. We have a 355 with a directport on a 300 that ran high 8's all last season, and were runnin it again this season. Compaired to buliding my 408 6.0L the sbc are Cheap untill you want to go 7's then the story changes

Quick Reply: Small Block HP ?