Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Another Stolen Fbody From New Orleans!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I bet the guys jacking the fbodies watch these message boards....maybe even a listed member or two.

Our cars arent worth **** (for the most part) I dont know why people would steal them unless they read these boards and know what they are going after.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tracking...

I have a rather cheap method to use for GPS tracking. The previous poster is right...until you know whats going on. I wouldnt mention anything about how your going to protect things. All your doing is giving up information that is going to make things easier. Your best bet is to do something to prevent this and not tell anyone about it.

You have to be lifting a lot of cars to make any kind of money with F body's. . .
Old 10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Got an extra eye on the Northshore for it.
I can't believe this **** is still going on. It infuriates me to no end. I wish people would just grow up n get their own **** n quit jackin other peoples'. This makes me scared for my own pos project n friends' cars.
Good call on the forum watchers. I hope that's not the case, but it does seem to happen to a lot of people on a lot of the forums I am on.
Bam, best of luck finding it. Be sure to annoy the hell out of those cops. I know they try to do as much as they can, but sometimes they need a lil swift kick in the booty to get em back on track.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep its always going to help to have some sort of GPS in the car. The best is a phone that the charger is wired in and always hot to keep the battery charged. Get like a boost mobile or something that has GPS so you can always see where the phone. is. They are pretty cheap also.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Launching!

I have a good reason to believe it's the "fbody theft ring" because my friend has a nice looking 1999 S281 Saleen, and it was parked a few spots away from mine... his was left alone. They just had to take the plain jane z28 instead of the OMGOSH SEXY Saleennn yo. I just got off the phone with Liberty Mutual, and they said they will give me "market value" on the car, which they tried explaining as the value of what these cars typically sell for... now I paid over KBB at $10k with 49k on the clock, so I'm not expecting that much, but I just hope they won't lowball the crap out of us, what do you guys think? Car had about 54k at the time it was stolen.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Teching In

well i tell ya bro whoever it was obviously knew you and more than likely went to school with you to have timed out the steal within 50 minutes
Old 10-28-2008, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

First off I want you guys to notice something. Look at this car and look at hurricanels1's car, they are both t-top cars and that is the easiest way to get into an f-body by rolling back the window and touching the unlock button.

This is what happened to my cousin's ws6 but somebody must of saw them before they could get into the car because we found just the window peeled back. A week later the car was gone from his house out of the driveway and nobody heard a thing

I'm getting tired of seeing these f-bodies disappear and I used to be a mechanic at Levis Chevrolet, if you want me to, I will put a kill system on your car for you just pm me. Maybe we can deter some of these thefts.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well like someone mention before, Lojack isn't all it's cracked up to be.
The GPS system he mentioned is the way to go. Very small units. Some the size of a thumb drive. They can be hidden ANYWHERE on the car and the car can be tracked online, REALTIME!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Teching In

i know the feeling i have t tops on mine as well,but the kill system is a good idea
Old 10-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, I can't believe this **** is still happening to you guys! If I lived down there I would've done the decoy car thing a LONG time ago.

Set the car up in the highest hit area, make sure it's in a spot with 1 entrance or exit or at least have both exits covered, document the whole thing on video and then bust the ************ when he tries to take the bait car. Put GPS on it just in case something goes awry and he gets away.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

I miss my car, but am glad I don't have that worry anymore.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

thank god mine wasnt stolen but it was at brian harris in baton rouge for a repair estimate... when i came the next day for her.. the driver window had been pried off track and all my **** was stolen out of thie inside.... Their insurance company wont do **** about it even though it was in a gated and locked area... thank god they didnt cut open the soft top though.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
First off I want you guys to notice something. Look at this car and look at hurricanels1's car, they are both t-top cars and that is the easiest way to get into an f-body by rolling back the window and touching the unlock button.

This is what happened to my cousin's ws6 but somebody must of saw them before they could get into the car because we found just the window peeled back. A week later the car was gone from his house out of the driveway and nobody heard a thing

I'm getting tired of seeing these f-bodies disappear and I used to be a mechanic at Levis Chevrolet, if you want me to, I will put a kill system on your car for you just pm me. Maybe we can deter some of these thefts.
When I get my next car, I'm sure its gone be a GM v8, not sure what thou. I will be contacting you.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Be sure to check out craigslist and other free advertisment boards to see if they might be selling parts. I'll check around the NC boards for you guys.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Launching!

HurrricaneLS1 do you think your car was driven off or towed away?
Old 10-30-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey man i know your pain, mine was stolen back in january. we really need to all get together or something and figure out how to take these guys down, bc the police arent doing **** about it
Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

install a 2 step and set it at 6K RPM when you park the car. when they start it up, it will scare the crap out of them.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Sorry to hear about your lose Bam...my 01 SS was stolen from zephyr's field while i was walking up the ramp...i watched it drive off

i fought with the insurence company for 2 months...hopefully you make out alright

but after the SS got stolen, i plan to not get another f-body for awhile just so i dont have to deal with the stress of getting another one stolen
Old 10-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss1129
I bet the guys jacking the fbodies watch these message boards....maybe even a listed member or two.

Our cars arent worth **** (for the most part) I dont know why people would steal them unless they read these boards and know what they are going after.
+1... Smartest post yet... An what i was thinking the whole time... Just never give away your location on here... I mean ya i live in Los Angeles... But would never post anything about my general area... To many jealous an crazy people out there... Especially with how shitty the economy is right now...
Old 11-02-2008, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1129

Agree'd 100% - They ARE watching local F-Body boards, probably this one aswell.

Quick Reply: Another Stolen Fbody From New Orleans!