Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Let's get back to the new orleans greasy talk!! 101

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never said it CAN NOT be achieved. However to run that your making more than 24lbs, also remember this is on a 302ci engine not a 350+. It also is basically an off the shelf hellion kit with a bigger turbo, not a custom kit with an air to water cooler. Now if he said went 153 on 30lbs ***** to the wall i'd believe it. But he didn't. 3840lbs 153 at that boost level LOL read everything before you make your judgment. BTW all this could easily be cleared up all he has to do is post the time slip, and feel free to block out everything but the ET and MPH.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT504LSX
I never said it CAN NOT be achieved. However to run that your making more than 24lbs, also remember this is on a 302ci engine not a 350+. It also is basically an off the shelf hellion kit with a bigger turbo, not a custom kit with an air to water cooler. Now if he said went 153 on 30lbs ***** to the wall i'd believe it. But he didn't. 3840lbs 153 at that boost level LOL read everything before you make your judgment. BTW all this could easily be cleared up all he has to do is post the time slip, and feel free to block out everything but the ET and MPH.
Air flow is air flow. It may take me 15lbs of boost to make the #, and the other guy 20lbs of boost to make the same #. I ran 158mph on 920rwhp which was 20lbs of boost on 2 small 60mm turbo's rated at 600fwhp each. I have a slip a vid to prove it!I also weigh 3460lbs. A little lighter but not much.I also had a Air to air intercooler as well, not A/W.But you said it was not achievable due to the fact that he has a 80mm turbo and it only flowed so much air! To let you know those #'s are conservative and actually will flow more than what is advertised! I figure you already know this stuff.
Oh by the way, what car do you have, any #'s,vids.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

I see you reading up on Mightymouse!LOL!!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
Air flow is air flow. It may take me 15lbs of boost to make the #, and the other guy 20lbs of boost to make the same #. I ran 158mph on 920rwhp which was 20lbs of boost on 2 small 60mm turbo's rated at 600fwhp each. I have a slip a vid to prove it!I also weigh 3460lbs. A little lighter but not much.I also had a Air to air intercooler as well, not A/W.But you said it was not achievable due to the fact that he has a 80mm turbo and it only flowed so much air! To let you know those #'s are conservative and actually will flow more than what is advertised! I figure you already know this stuff.
Oh by the way, what car do you have, any #'s,vids.
First off you are very correct about air flow being airflow. And boost numbers are only good when comparing apples to apples, and my friend boost numbers from a 350+ inch engine compared to boost numbers from a 302 inch are not the same. He himself said he was going to turn it up to 30lbs. So by that statement hes saying he was not at full power, which in turn means that there is no way he could make the power required to push 3840lbs to 153mph in a 1/4 of a mile. Also keep in mind this is an off the shelf hellion kit with maybe some mild modifications. This is not a GT4708 80mm turbo with a 5" dp and all the bells and whistles on a built race engine. This is a street car with either a T4 turbo or a T6 turbo on a T4 kit. Once again not saying an 80mm turbo can't go 153 but if its going to do it at 3840lbs its working its *** off not running a roughly 80% of its potential. And regarding my car i'm not the one that got on and posted numbers that are at best questionable. And i know plenty enough about turbo kits, ic engines, compressors, and turbines and how they work together to know how to run the simple numbers it takes to figure out what turbo charged engine is capable of producing.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
I see you reading up on Mightymouse!LOL!!
Sure did he has a hell of a set up and it works well. But once again you need to read up on turbos a little there is a lot more going on than the size of the inducer.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Supposed to be about who's hooking up not who has a bigger turbo. WTF
Old 12-10-2008, 05:20 PM
9 Second Club

First off you are very correct about air flow being airflow. And boost numbers are only good when comparing apples to apples, and my friend boost numbers from a 350+ inch engine compared to boost numbers from a 302 inch are not the same. He himself said he was going to turn it up to 30lbs. So by that statement hes saying he was not at full power, which in turn means that there is no way he could make the power required to push 3840lbs to 153mph in a 1/4 of a mile. Also keep in mind this is an off the shelf hellion kit with maybe some mild modifications. This is not a GT4708 80mm turbo with a 5" dp and all the bells and whistles on a built race engine. This is a street car with either a T4 turbo or a T6 turbo on a T4 kit. Once again not saying an 80mm turbo can't go 153 but if its going to do it at 3840lbs its working its *** off not running a roughly 80% of its potential. And regarding my car i'm not the one that got on and posted numbers that are at best questionable. And i know plenty enough about turbo kits, ic engines, compressors, and turbines and how they work together to know how to run the simple numbers it takes to figure out what turbo charged engine is capable of producing.
Boost#'s will be different giving the size of ci. a motor is obviously! But a 1200hp rated turbo is rated at 1200hp on either engine, it just take more psi. to get it there on the smaller engine! He ran thos #'s and mph on 24lbs of boost, so it is very doable. He also left onthe transbrake as well, so he left on boost as well. i would bet to say just after the 60ft. all hell broke loose and the probably back halfs the track loke a ****! Hell my car gained 37mph in the last 8th mile! I belive this guy, until proven other wise, and you shouldn't be doubting people and calling BS on peoples car's that you have no knowledge about!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:22 PM
9 Second Club

Sure did he has a hell of a set up and it works well. But once again you need to read up on turbos a little there is a lot more going on than the size of the inducer.
There sure is! I know what I need to know to get what I want out of something. Its not rocket science!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:28 PM

My point is not that the 80mm turbo is incapable propelling a 3840lb car to 153mph. My point is that it is not going to do it with a 302ci engine at 24lbs. Once again not at 24lbs. Maybe at 30lbs and that engine size. If that were the case he would need to make around 1000rwhp at 24lbs. And at that pressure ratio on that size engine there very simply is NOT enough air flow to support that much power. And btw i'm not getting my info from turbonetics website. I'm getting it from the compressor map. Again my point is that either the mph is bogus or the boost level is one of the 2 but the numbers don't fit. He said do the math, well i did and the numbers don't lie.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Now that's what I'm talking about Hunter. Funny thing is I know a little about engines, compressors, turbines, as well. Oh wait I'm a helicopter mech. (turbine engines not turbos....lol)

Anyway, I don't doubt his numbers. I know him personally. Haven't seen the car with this set up though. But, the cars that come from Outlaw-Performance are pretty bad ***. 8's, 9's, 10's, etc. Great bunch of guys too.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 PM

Alright this is the last thing i have to say about this because i honestly have no dog in this fight and could really care less. If you want to believe it feel free. Internet numbers are always that, just internet numbers. I was just trolling around on the site and saw some those numbers and they just don't make sense. Now the last thing i have to say on the subject is if I'm proven wrong then so be it. I'm not above eating my words. But i highly doubt that will happen. Lastly if someone does post proof, time slip, vid something. Then i will gladly come back in hear and sincerely apologize to each one of you for throwing up the BS flag. Until then i'll just sit back and watch.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:59 PM
9 Second Club

My point is not that the 80mm turbo is incapable propelling a 3840lb car to 153mph. My point is that it is not going to do it with a 302ci engine at 24lbs. Once again not at 24lbs. Maybe at 30lbs and that engine size. If that were the case he would need to make around 1000rwhp at 24lbs. And at that pressure ratio on that size engine there very simply is NOT enough air flow to support that much power. And btw i'm not getting my info from turbonetics website. I'm getting it from the compressor map. Again my point is that either the mph is bogus or the boost level is one of the 2 but the numbers don't fit. He said do the math, well i did and the numbers don't lie.
Well, you are doubting a motor you know nothing about what the owner has done to it? Hell for all we know it could be a 12-1 high compression motor with 24lbs of boost and running race gas? Who know's until he expells all about the car, but I doubt it will happen!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Launching!

I tried looking to see but where does brian(autocobra) say its a basic off the shelf hellion turbo kit on a stock engine?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Alright this is the last thing i have to say about this because i honestly have no dog in this fight and could really care less. If you want to believe it feel free. Internet numbers are always that, just internet numbers. I was just trolling around on the site and saw some those numbers and they just don't make sense. Now the last thing i have to say on the subject is if I'm proven wrong then so be it. I'm not above eating my words. But i highly doubt that will happen. Lastly if someone does post proof, time slip, vid something. Then i will gladly come back in hear and sincerely apologize to each one of you for throwing up the BS flag. Until then i'll just sit back and watch.
This will be the last thing I have to say as well.
Generally at 15lbs of boost you will double your N/A #'s on a boosted motor. With that said, if his 302 made 350fwhp that means at 15lbs of boost he would make appx 700fwhp! Now he was pushing 24lbs of boost therefore the extra 7lbs of boost, he had to be making appx. 42hp per pound of boost to reach 1000fwhp, which is very reasonable. Like I said, i belive the guy, until proven wrong!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Teching In

It's not a stock motor. It's a fully built motor that I won't get into internals with. It's my 3rd setup this year and i'm very happy with it.

I know that when I build a motor or choose a setup...i don't look in a book and add up the horsepower from bolt ons. I choose a goal and do what I need to reach that goal. My car weighed 3960 with the IRS, 6 speed, and all the stock 40 lbs of trunk ****/stereo. I had twin 57mm turbos on the car and went 142 mph. 22lbs of boost, bone stock motor, 3.55 gear and 817 to the wheels. I managed a shitty 12.00 (2.8 60 ft...car bogged bad without a two step)and 142 mph even though I blew the MAF sensor out the housing at about 500 ft out and popped and sputtered all the way down the track. I'm making over 200 hp more in a lighter car with a nasty auto in it with 3.27 gears now.

I picked up 9mph and 2 tenths by switching from a 3.55 to a 3.27. Weather was almost identical. It didn't go from 90 degrees with 100% humidity to 40 degrees. I wanted an honest comparison. I mean is it really so unbelievable? See below....he keeps getting faster and faster....but mph is falling! Obviously he's getting more traction. I'm still skating on the top. I know that spinning yields higher MPH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlY3MIUAQfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isl-Ggtgrgo

by the way also....i have a custom 4" DP, shortened runner intake, and some other tricks.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Hey guys whats up anyone in the New Orleans Area have a 12 bolt or 9" for sale that u know of
Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jarred
Hey guys whats up anyone in the New Orleans Area have a 12 bolt or 9" for sale that u know of
yeah we have a 12 bolt if the guy didnt pay pal a deposit yet contact stangeater01
Old 12-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Teching In

he sold it
Old 12-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Teching In

and one else u know of in the New Orleans Mississippi Area
Old 12-11-2008, 02:27 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilicedout24
i ain't trippin its just a race. I am h/c/ juice stock bottom end.now if i get there and feel like its hustle there are cars faster then me. i did not just get off the porch.Other then that **** it bring it
Well if you are H/C/juice and only running in the 11's I would have my **** checked for sure!!